4 hours ago, Highlander said:

I'm interested and I have the same questions.  Plus:

How long do we have to send the box after we are paired up?

Is there a limit,  high or low, on the number of items in the box?

IOW, what are the ground rules?

To be honest, I have no ground rules.

We did this last year for fun.

I suggest if you pair up with someone, you could work things out between the two of you.

It should be kept fun, and not too expensive.

• Like 3

In terms of M&Ms, the kinds available here (where I am, specifically) are: 

coffee nut

coconut

strawberry nut

caramel

a spicy one (probably with "nut" in the name)

mint

As well as the usual, milk, dark, and peanut butter.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

In terms of M&Ms, the kinds available here (where I am, specifically) are: 

coffee nut

coconut

strawberry nut

caramel

a spicy one (probably with "nut" in the name)

mint

As well as the usual, milk, dark, and peanut butter.

sounds good to me...I believe we had the strawberry kind and the caramel once.

The coffee was devoured by the vixens, so I would certainly want to try it myself.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nathair said:

Is it to late to join this Texan would love to have a German or uk partner 

@Highlander maybe you two could team up here?

I spoke to @SisterMaryNapalm he will be ready for an exchange around Christmas time like mentioned before.

He is willing to take up to three partners as well.

@LittleBluberry is already in.

If more people want to trade around that period with our German supplier of yummies, say the word.

Room for two more!

Who is your German supplier I have to know this person to get Christmas goodies from Germany all I have to offer is Texas Christmas goodies

• Like 1

Sorry, been a bit distracted this week due to Work issues :(

20 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

An Idaho spud is a chocolate and coconut coated mellow like cream (no gelatin,I checked) center in the shape and color of a small russet potato. They are made by a candy company in Boise that's been in business since the 1800s and definitely fall into regional deliciousness.  We have a plant out there and I'll be visiting next week so I will pick some up while I'm out there.

I also plan to grab some old fashion taffys which have been around since the 1800s and see if the local candy shop is doing the smaller bags of hard candy fishes (16 flavors) 

Most of my planned shipment will be stuff that is just not produced at national levels much less for export...  Good chocolate is great but a licorice peppermint hard candy fish in white blue and yellow plaid is a tough one to match ::D:

And while I think about it, what's the m&m situation in the UK and Europe?  Have the caramel and raspberry ones mad it over there yet?

Idaho spuds sound awesome, and taffy was one of my favourite things about visiting North America :D

Do you like chewy sweets, by the way? I just went on Round One of sweetie shopping and realised that about half of my current haul is of the chewy variety ::o: Also, are there any Scottish sweeties that you've heard of that you would like me to hunt down?

Finally, I have never heard of the raspberry M&Ms', but they sound awesome ::D:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 1

Chewy sweets will work for me.  Caramels and taffys are something incan eat regularly and don t bother my stomach like chocolate sometimes can.

Doesn't stop me frlm.going after the chocolates though...

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

To be honest, I have no ground rules.

We did this last year for fun.

I suggest if you pair up with someone, you could work things out between the two of you.

It should be kept fun, and not too expensive.

Ah, ha!  A game with no rules.  My favorite.

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@Highlander maybe you two could team up here?

TX is just one state over.  Besides, they've invaded us three times and we haven't forgiven them

So, I'm game for anybody outside the US.  Like Canada, Europe, Japan. I do understand the post can be dicey in some areas ... like South America.

Thus, I've thrown my name in the hat.

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 4

South America and Brazil in particular has chocolateliers who rival the Germans and the Swiss!  A lot of cities seem to still have their own confectionary and they are fiercely proud of their native production.  I've sampled itatiba, Curitiba, Montenegro, and a few others.  All of them are good and all of them are different.  Most seem to have these sampler boxes with a spread of what they create: from COW tail like chocolates to some extraordinary truffles and multi layer masterpieces.  The international airports usually stock a few of these regional boxes in the duty free shops.

At one point we had an excursion to this little tourist village west of Montenegro in the hills.  Beautiful tropical scenery and waterfalls with sharp peaked gothic structures dripping with gingerbread trim (style, not the food) nestled among the jungle like vegetation.  It was a bit surreal...  The chocolate was excellent! So was the food.  The temperature of 37 deg C did put a bit of a damper on the enjoyment though.  It's apparently a much more popular destination in August when the temperatures are in the teens.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Nathair said:

Who is your German supplier I have to know this person to get Christmas goodies from Germany all I have to offer is Texas Christmas goodies

@SisterMaryNapalm is our German Participant.

I'm Dutch.

6 hours ago, Highlander said:

Ah, ha!  A game with no rules.  My favorite.

TX is just one state over.  Besides, they've invaded us three times and we haven't forgiven them

So, I'm game for anybody outside the US.  Like Canada, Europe, Japan. I do understand the post can be dicey in some areas ... like South America.

Thus, I've thrown my name in the hat.

Oops, I saw the name Highlander and assumed you were from Scotland :blink:

So You need to team up with maybe @SisterMaryNapalm around Christmas time?

Then @Nathair can choose to team up with either me, or with sistermarynapalm.

Maybe @Kuroneko?

Let's hear it.

• Like 3

@Glitterwolf are you interested in those Idaho Spuds? My local Winco had some, so I grabbed a couple. I'm sure hubby will eat them if you don't want them.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

@Glitterwolf are you interested in those Idaho Spuds? My local Winco had some, so I grabbed a couple. I'm sure hubby will eat them if you don't want them.

I'm willing to try it!

Your hubby need not worry, I'm sending you a rather large box, since you need to eat for two now...I'm certain there will be some scraps left for him as well.

Unless you go into full frenzy and eat it all of course.

I won't judge either way..:upside:

• Haha 4