72moonglum

Shadowrun Corporate Mage with Staff

Good job on the white skirt - that's one of those things I have a really hard time with! Interesting hair - kinda like a mullet/bob.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:18 AM, Warlady said:

Another really well done figure.  She looks great!

Thank you very much Warlady!!

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:47 AM, tombwalker said:

Great work.  Good shading, especially on the light skirt colour.

Thank you Tombwalker, I was using Reaper Golden Skin 9092 as the base color.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Very good job!

I love the blouse and skirt!

Thank you Glitterwolf, once again trying to choose between dark and cyberpunky or something a bit more colorful and the colorful side won.

21 hours ago, Iridil said:

Good job on the white skirt - that's one of those things I have a really hard time with! Interesting hair - kinda like a mullet/bob.

It started out as leather white and then some washes of deeper colors, greys and blues with some dark elf triad in there, and then highlighted with white.

• Like 2

Nice job!  I like the color scheme you chose and the gun manages to stand out without looking silly metallic and I like how the jacket came out too, nice looking leather!

These figures all had a common problem for me though:  the arms thrown wide pose.  It does allow a good access for painting the mini but you gotta wonder what she's actually doing; looking for a hug in the middle of a gunfight?

• Like 1

She is a BEAUTY. Your brushwork is OUTSTANDING, but it is the LOVELY array of color you chose that make the miniature for me. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Nice job!  I like the color scheme you chose and the gun manages to stand out without looking silly metallic and I like how the jacket came out too, nice looking leather!

These figures all had a common problem for me though:  the arms thrown wide pose.  It does allow a good access for painting the mini but you gotta wonder what she's actually doing; looking for a hug in the middle of a gunfight?

Thanks very much Kangaroorex!

I'm trying to make the guns for the most part dull black with a black base, and then some highlights of purples, blues, greys and eventually whites.

With a lot of the older figures the poses weren't so dramatic, but created for easy casting I think, and with that came those open arm "I just want to hug you" poses.  I'm guessing too back then, these were pieces more for gaming than display so easy and quick painting was a positive detail, which I'm guessing it still is (Stonehaven miniatures)?

4 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Beautiful work, the makeup and her shirt are especially eye catching. Very well done.

Thanks Metalchaos! It's kind of fun painting these more "modern" wardrobes and color schemes, a bit different than fantasy.

20 minutes ago, malefactus said:

She is a BEAUTY. Your brushwork is OUTSTANDING, but it is the LOVELY array of color you chose that make the miniature for me. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks Malefactus, choosing colors is sometimes so hard for me.  Being she was a corporate type mage, I wanted her to have colors that I hoped looked like she could go rain fire and bullets down on somebody and then go back to her office to file a report about it.  

• Like 1