Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Redd Knekk
      Thought this guy would be a fun, quick paint, but turned into a tedious, long pain. Definitely not my best work but was trying new things mainly with metallics and OSL. As I went along, there were some things I wanted to experiment with so I did that at the expense of details, smooth highlights, etc. 

Really only intended it to be seen from the front (first pic), but as soon as I took pictures a thousand things popped up I could do better.

Anyway, here you go, and if you would like to tell me how you’d do it with these color light sources, please do.

• By quidamcorvus
      Ezren, Iconic Male Human Wizard from Reaper Miniatures.
      More on my BLOG.

• By TaleSpinner
      My father is one of those people who is always really hard to buy for.  This year I drew his name for Christmas.  He is an amazing woodworker and craftsman.  I wanted to get him something he didn't have and wouldn't buy for himself.  I was perusing Wood magazine, and saw an add for ID coins; essentially they are laser engraved metal coins that you countersink into the bottom of your woodwork to identify it as having come from your shop.  The design is yours and they make the coins for you.

I can do that, even better!  So I started designing it.  My dad loves owls; they are kind of his symbol already.  Also, our last name is Pieper (pronounced Peeper), so every guy in my family going back at least 4 generations has been known by the nickname "Peeps" at some point in his life; it's kind of a family right of passage when your friends start calling you Peeps.

So I am designing a 3/4 inch coin with a barred owl (his favorite) on it and the words "PEEPS WOODCRAFT".  I will then mold it and cast a bunch of copies in bronze for him for Christmas.

Last night, I sculpted the owl:

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)