Tldr

• This year’s SS exchange includes painters from both the Reaper forums and Facebook.

• You must be a member of one of these sites to participate but you do not have to join the other - unless you want to.

• Agree to the guidelines for the SS exchange (see below)

• Answer all of the questions below and PM them to the organizer (me)

• Paint your assigned miniature and mail it by the deadline

Welcome to the 2018 CAV Secret Santa exchange in which we purchase, paint and gift a miniature to another gamer in the spirit of the season. The idea here is to have fun, get to know one another, and spread the joy of CAV:SO. :)

Here are our simple exchange guidelines.

• Please do not sign-up on both the Reaper Forums and Facebook - use one or the other not both.

• Please keep the cost of your gift to the value of a single blister pack.

• Fill out the questionnaire below and send it to me in a PM.

• Please don’t contact your SS exchange partner unless I indicate that they are ok with this. I’ve included this as an option in the questionnaire. Please respect the privacy of  others.

• Timeline

• We’ll accept sign-ups until October 15th.

• I’ll assign partners by October 22nd.

• A work in process photo of your miniature is due by November 22.

• Send the photo to the organizer (me) and I’ll share them to the various groups as appropriate.

• Ship your miniature in time for delivery to its recipient - December 17th if you’re shipping domestically in the United States. If you’re shipping internationally then you’ll need to send your gift earlier.

• When painting a miniature for your recipient please respect their requests. Some people love the idea of peppermint striped CAVs others are looking for something they can add to a serious force - keep this in mind.

• If you are mailing internationally don’t send anything other than the miniature unless your recipient has approved all of the extra items. Customs can be a difficult and complicated process especially for plant matter, powder, and other seemingly innocent materials. Please list only the actual cost of the miniature as the value on the customs form and list the item as a gift.

• Everyone who signs up must understand that Secret Santas can and do fail. There is no guarantee that you'll receive a model. Such is the nature of these exchanges.

• If something happens and you can not meet your commitment please contact the organizer (me) as early as possible. I’ll make arrangements to take care of your recipient. There is no shame in this… life happens to all of us.

2018 CAV Secret Santa exchange questionnaire

• Mailing Information

• [Your Name]

• [Your Full Address]

• Miniature Information

• [A list of models that you would like to receive in the SS exchange.]

• [Desired paint scheme and basing - please be specific. Don’t say '...anything will do...'. Help your painter out]

• Personal Information

• Are you willing to ship internationally?

• Are you open to communication with your painter?

Sample questionnaire

• Mailing Information

• Gertrude Painter

• 1234 Some Street

• Paint Town, Paint State

• USA

• Miniature Information

• CAVs: Rhino, Crusader, Talon TANKs: Naginato AIRCRAFT: Longbow

• Urban camo blue, grey, white - digital camo if possible

• Urban basing

• Personal Information

• I will ship internationally

• I am open to communication with my painter

• Like 3

The cut off for Secret Santa Signups is October 15th. Painting partners go out on October 22nd.

You can sign up here or over on Facebook in any of the CAV groups.

J--

Deadline for sign ups are October 15th, assignments go out on October 22nd.

Come and paint a CAV and make some new friends!

J--

Last chance to sign up for the CAV Secret Santa.

If you're interested fill out the questionnaire in the first post and send your answers to me in a PM.

I'll send out painting assignments on 10/22/18.

A Work in Process photo is due by 11/22/18. Send them to me and I'll post them in all appropriate places. :)

Paint a model, get a model, make new friends!

Last chance to sign up for the CAV Secret Santa is this weekend.

Think of this opportunity, one of you will get @CAVBOSS as your painter. You could ask for a dropship as your painted model. The chances might not be great that you'll get it BUT those chances are better than winning the 1.6 Billion dollar lottery you bought that ticket for... :P

Painting assignments go out on October 22nd.

Fill out the questionnaire at the start of this thread and message it to me.

Paint a CAV and make a new friend!
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2018 at 5:49 PM, Kangaroorex said:

PM sent

I don't have any PMs from you... Send it again?

J--

42 minutes ago, jsalyers said:

I don't have any PMs from you... Send it again?

J--

Sorry sent originally to CAVBOSS he knows my hidden desires now!  You should have the PM.  I'll trim him out of the conversation next time I get to a computer

All of the CAV Secret Santa pairings are sent.

Check your messages and cross your fingers because one of you got CAVBOSS as their SS and he has a Dropship!

And who knows, maybe, if you've been very, very good this year...

:P
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1