Mckenna35

Impact! Miniatures Presents: The Lost KS Mini Project

9 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Rhino in a larger size could potentially be neat...  Or is he already somewhat large in all dimensions at it's current incarnation at 52mm tall?  Figure I'd ask, since he's $14 more than the $18 minotaur, but only 7mm taller, which indicates to me that he's a lot bulkier in other dimensions...?

@WhiteWulfe Pretty large in all dimensions.   I took this image which I think might help you with this question.   The Rhino is pictured with both the Minotaurs from a top down view.   The square are 10mm.   I can make the Rhino bigger but because of his bulky body mixed with that rock and the club ... his price is going to go up very quickly as he gets a few mm taller.

Screenshot 2018-09-19 21.40.48.png

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Out of sheer curiosity, how tall are the various minis in the Necromancer pack?  Specifically the one that kind of looks like a zombie puppy hybrid thing of doom? ^_^;;;

EDIT: Second rown, second one in the Necromancer pack

@WhiteWulfe  updated graphic to answer this question.

Necromancer_KS_Set.jpg

Edited by impactminiatures
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, impactminiatures said:

@WhiteWulfe Pretty large in all dimensions.   I took this image which I think might help you with this question.   The Rhino is pictured with both the Minotaurs from a top down view.   The square are 10mm.   I can make the Rhino bigger but because of his bulky body mixed with that rock and the club ... his price is going to go up very quickly as he gets a few mm taller.

Screenshot 2018-09-19 21.40.48.png

@WhiteWulfe  updated graphic to answer this question.

Necromancer_KS_Set.jpg

Many thanks for the quick reply!  Had a feeling that rhino would get pricy quick if increased in size.  Seems like he'd be a size hubby might like, he tends to prefer painting things that are at least 2" tall, keeps mentioning something about "too many fiddly details I can't see" or something like that.

Kind of scary that the rhino's shoulders are almost as wide as both Minotaurs, or at least a minotaur and a half!

No idea why, but I keep thinking that that 38mm minion in the necromancer pack would look downright epic at 54mm...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I’m in the exact same position myself, down to almost the exact dollar amount.

Looking it up, it was actually 285 for me. I just tend to round over time. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

No idea why, but I keep thinking that that 38mm minion in the necromancer pack would look downright epic at 54mm...

@WhiteWulfe I am willing to resize any miniatures in the 3-D print range as a special request.   I will just need extra time to set it up and quote it and it would be a transaction outside the KS project (so that I don't mess up the mass printing of the models at the original manufacturer height).  At 54mm that model would be $28 ... I could use MeshMixer to cut off the base if you wanted to drop that a bit.   Just wanted to let you know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, impactminiatures said:

The question is ... do I spend all the time to set it up ... any takers you think at $135?

I imagine the gnome pilots are still tiny even at a 6"+ size, and the legs were never really convincing (especially those little hook feet) for handling such a construct while on the move. Compared to the rhino or elephant I just can't see this being worthwhile even at its *original* kickstarter pricepoint.

• Like 2

For me personally, I'd rather spend $135 on a huge dragon.. but I'm not the target audience for that piece..

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Serpine said:

I imagine the gnome pilots are still tiny even at a 6"+ size, and the legs were never really convincing (especially those little hook feet) for handling such a construct while on the move. Compared to the rhino or elephant I just can't see this being worthwhile even at its *original* kickstarter pricepoint.

I have to be honest that was my thought ... and the 3 Gnome Pilots were very uninspiring which is why I did not convert them for individual sale.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, impactminiatures said:

At 54mm that model would be $28 ...

Highly tempted to consider this myself... That dog thing would be great to represent a particular deity in my home D&D games, so the bigger the better.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, impactminiatures said:

@WhiteWulfe I am willing to resize any miniatures in the 3-D print range as a special request.   I will just need extra time to set it up and quote it and it would be a transaction outside the KS project (so that I don't mess up the mass printing of the models at the original manufacturer height).  At 54mm that model would be $28 ... I could use MeshMixer to cut off the base if you wanted to drop that a bit.   Just wanted to let you know.

Ooooooh, that is very much so something I will have to consider then, because both hubby and I rather do like that one and think it would look lovely a tad larger ^_^;;;  As to removal of the base, I have to say nah, I kind of like what it feels like it adds into the whole thing...  It's actually one of the first undead that REALLY catch my eye.

11 minutes ago, Serpine said:

Highly tempted to consider this myself... That dog thing would be great to represent a particular deity in my home D&D games, so the bigger the better.

A small part of me is curious as to what it would be like dimensions-wise at 72mm tall, but I suspect that would probably be over $50 USD by that point...  I also suspect you'd get some rather colourful language dropped by your players if it came out as something possibly hostile!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

A small part of me is curious as to what it would be like dimensions-wise at 72mm tall, but I suspect that would probably be over $50 USD by that point...  I also suspect you'd get some rather colourful language dropped by your players if it came out as something possibly hostile!

@WhiteWulfe If you'd really like that quote for real-sy ... just let me know and I'll work it up for you.   But yes I do expect you'll be getting close to $50 USD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ugh.... these are so neat... the chibi alien queen... those samurai elves... ugh.... 

Darn it Tom! Why do you have to make so many awesome things! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Doesn't really have anything to do with the kickstarter, but I would like everyone to know that I'm disappointed in all of you for not pointing out to me that Impact has a set of chibi xenomorphs. Fortunately I discovered this on my own and ordered them, so order has returned to the universe.

On topic - I think this is a really neat project and good on you for trying to make things better for people that got stiffed by another company!

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Ugh.... these are so neat... the chibi alien queen...

The Alien Queen was just a painting example.   Those figures are already on my website.

Apologies @Darsc Zacal did not know I could not link ... lesson learned!   Sorry for that

MOD Edit: Commerce link removed.
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Unruly
      First time making an opening post for one of these, so if I do it wrong I'm sorry.

Legendary Dragons: A 5e Supplement
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/782735675/legendary-dragons-a-5th-edition-supplement?ref=user_menu

Red dragons, black dragons, green dragons, gold dragons. They are great, but we’ve seen them before.  What makes a dragon unique among all others of its kin? What is its history, what are its motivations, and most importantly, what makes it legendary? Legendary Dragons answers all this and much, much more!
      Jetpack7 aims to bring back the mystery to Dragons and to make an "ordinary" Dragon encounter... extraordinary!
      12 New Unique Legendary Dragons with Stretch Goals of up to 20 Dragons! We’re cooking up content for your 5th Edition game! You’ll not only have brand new Legendary Dragons and their lore to throw at your players, but some new monsters, too!
      New Dragons New Wyverns New Drakes New Hydras Not only will GMs and Players get 12+ Legendary Dragons (with the option for up to 20), we have some other dragon-related goodies that we are planning:
      New Kobolds New Dragon Races New Lairs Dragon Cults Dragon Riders Dragon Hunters Dragon Hunting Factions Dragon Hunting & Monster Hunting Economies New spell components you can only get by hunting Dragons Enhance existing spells with your new Dragon spell components Dragon hoard Items Dragon Tactics and how to use Dragons effectively in your game! Aerial Combat Options And much, much more… Legendary Dragons is estimated to be at least 100+ pages.
      We also teamed up with some of the best 5E writers in the biz!
      • James J. Haeck: Lead Writer, at D&D Beyond. Co-author Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and the Critical Role Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting. DM of @WorldsApartShow
      • Dan Dillon: Writer, Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex from Kobold Press, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer’s League, Rogue Genius Games, Legendary Games, Rite Publishing.
      • Cody Lewis:YouTube creator. D&D Twitch Streamer. Dungeon Master. http://youtube.com/taking20. Mad mind behind Save or Dice.
      • Jim Pinto: Writer: Legend of the Five Rings, Warlord, Protocol, Praxis, The Carcass, George’s Children, World’s Largest Dungeon,Gods and Goddesses, and Masters and Minions.

In our earlier supplements, we didn’t skimp on art. In fact, when Jetpack7 was created, we set out with a goal of having the best art in the industry!
      In Legendary Dragons, you can bet on seeing many full-color, full-page, high-quality art pieces produced with the same care and attention as our other supplements.
      Check out some of the Dragon related art we have done for other companies!
      Insight Check? Wyvern with and without saddle concept Legendary Dragons has some of the most experienced and talented industry vets working on it. Some familiar names and projects are listed here!
      James J. Haeck, Lead Writer, @DnDBeyond. Co-author Waterdeep: Dragon Heist & Critical Role Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting. DM of @WorldsApartShow Dan Dillon, Writer, Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex from Kobold Press, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer’s League, Rogue Genius Games, Legendary Games, Rite Publishing. Cody Lewis, YouTube creator. D&D Twitch Streamer. Dungeon Master. http://youtube.com/taking20. Mad mind behind Save or Dice Jim Pinto, Writer: Legend of the Five Rings, Warlord, Protocol, Praxis, The Carcass, George’s Children and World’s Largest Dungeon. David Gene Adams, RPG author that has been making content for D&D since 4th edition. Catch his stuff on the DMsGuild and Jetpack7's blog.
      Daniel Colby, Dungeon Master by day, mad illusionist by night! Blogger and contributor to Jetpack7.
      Aaron Hübrich, Writer/Artist/Designer. Publisher at Jetpack7. Creative director at Conceptopolis, a company that contributed hundreds of art pieces for the Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition core books. Aaron has been playing Dungeons & Dragons since there were yellow character sheets that didn't take to erasers very well... and has fond memories of THAC0.
      Conceptopolis, LLC, Artwork: Major art contributions to Hasbro, Mattel, Marvel, DC, Wizards of the Coast, Lego, Sony, Square Enix, among others.
      Published by Jetpack7: Gods and Goddesses and also Masters and Minions—both successfully funded on Kickstarter. Published and delivered to backers in 2017 and 2018.

• By CAVBOSS
      WE ARE LIVE... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/272456130/talon-games-cav-strike-ops-iii

• By kodiakbear
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter/description

If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/starcadia-quest/description

Main Game ($80)

Expansion Box ($40, so $120 total)

We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in the UK (EU backers), China (Asia Pacific backers), Singapore (Singaporean backers), Canada (Canadian backers), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers) or Atlanta (USA and the rest of the world). Following is a list of rough estimates for shipping a standard game package (4kg volumetric weight). Keep in mind these are just estimates, and costs may rise based on weight increases from unlocked stretch goals and any optional buys you choose.
      USA: $10-$20 to most states. $50 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.  CANADA: $15-$30 to most cities.  LATIN AMERICA: $70-$80 to most countries.  ASIA: $10 to China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. $35 to most other countries (we can’t predict an estimate cost to Malaysia). OCEANIA: $20-$45 to Australia. $40 to New Zealand.  AFRICA: $95 to most countries.  EUROPE: $20-$30 to most countries.   • $35 to Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia.   • $50 to Bosnia/Herzegowina, Croatia, and Iceland.   • $70-$80 to Israel, Liechtenstein, and Serbia.  • $90 to Belarus. Unfortunately, different import laws and customs have made it impossible for CMON to ship games to certain specific countries.
      *WE DO NOT SHIP TO:* Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.
      Basically a Tweaked version of Arcadia Quest designed to run faster and be easier to set up, with Sci-Fi-ification

Dicetower preview video

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc

Rulebook work in progress

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1201812263/aradia-miniatures-the-divine-comedy-dantes-inferno-0?ref=discovery

About
                                        1 CHF = 0,88 EUR = 1,02 USD
      Through this project we want to expand our new series of collectibles miniatures inspired by The Divine Comedy, the Dante Alighieri's poem, the book that recounts about the mystical and fabulous journey that the italian poet Dante Alighieri accomplished through the three realms of the afterlife: INFERNO, PURGATORIO and PARADISO.  
      Last year we have completed an amazing campaign here on Kickstarter dedicated to the launch of the first figures of this new series. The welcome that the project received was exceptional and many backers asked us about the characters of the poem of Dante Alighieri that we didn't produce during the first wave of releases. Well, in this campaign you'll find the expansion: a second series of figures inspired by The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri is ready to be produced, they are just waiting your support.
      1. You'll get the NEW miniatures of Dante's Inferno series several months before their official launch: these figures are NOT going to be released soon!!  
      2. Our designs are unique, we take care carefully about every detail of our productions in order to offer you the most spectacular miniatures for your collection.  
      3. Geryon is KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE, it means that this creature won't be available in the future! This Kickstarter is your only chanche to get it.  
      4. The other amazing figures will NOT have the same price when released: their price on Kickstarter is the cheaper price.  
      5. You're a fan of Aradia and your support will allow this company to continue to bring out fantastic models and dioramas - real pieces of art.  
      6. We have already managed successfully 2 Kickstarter campaigns in the past and intend to stand for it in the future.  
      7. We are equipped to produce high quality resin miniatures in large quantities and ship them in a reasonable time.  
      8. Returning Backers receive extra bonus.  
      9. You'll have the possibility to buy Add-Ons from previous series of Dante's Inferno at Kickstarter prices and get freebies.  
      10. You'll be part of a fantastic adventure to make this project reality for us all, keeping alive this unique miniatures series based on The Divine Comedy: Dante's Inferno.
      There are 2 kind of backers for this campaign, the old heroes who already descended to Inferno and are not afraid to return in that gloomy place and the new heroes who are descinding right now.  
      We have planned, for some add-ons, 2 different prices: one for "returning backers" and another one for "new backers".  
      - RETURNING BACKERS = Backers who already backed our first campaign of Dante's Inferno during 2017 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1201812263/aradia-miniatures-the-divine-comedy-dantes-inferno  
      - NEW BACKERS = Backers who are backing Dante's Inferno for the first time  
      ALL THE BACKERS OF THIS CAMPAIGN WILL BECOME AUTOMATICALLY "RETURNING BACKERS" IN THE NEXT ARADIA KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN, BEING ABLE TO ENJOY ALL THE BENEFITS OF "RETURNING BACKERS".
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)