Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So I am reopening what will be a long and fun wip stuff :D hopefully !
For a start ( and to cut from my massive darkness dwarfs..actually still 3 to finish the serie I've got ), I have this nice Runewars Wraiths in my figures stock and that will be great opportunity to airbrush a bit !
And I just got them primed for now , using Vallejo grey primer..since they do have pretty light color regarding the box I did not want use any black for that part.
I've been wanting to paint a bust since I got back from ReaperCon. I missed my chance to pick up Julie Guthrie's beautiful sculpt from the convention, so I did a bit of research. I had already picked up a larger scale mini from FeR Miniatures at Scale 75's table this year, so I started there. In addition to some more intricately detailed stuff, FeR also had a few busts that seemed a bit more on the simple side, so I grabbed them. They're both in the "Portraits From the Middle Ages" line. I started with this one, the Saxon Huscarl, Hastings, 1066.
I started off by doing the face, using Reaper's HD flesh quadrilogy(?) I mixed them to create midtones, but it still came out less smooth than I had hoped. I think it looks ok for a first go, but I definitely have so much room for improvement. I'm definitely going to do a bit of touching up on the face.
I did the eyes next, and I really like the way that they turned out! They give him such a ruthless look! After this, I base coated the chainmail in dark grey mixed with some black, and then I left it there for the night. I'm going to try and do the metals as non-metallic, so we'll see how that goes!
Okay! I'm starting this post to keep track of the miniatures I've painted in one place. Just ignore if you've seen them already!
1. Barrow Rat (LTPK1) Finished (11.14.2013)
2. (Actually don't have this one on this board! LOL!) 06023: Anhurian Swordsmen ???
3. 02924: Bertok, Barbarian (LTPK4) Finished (11.18.2013)
4. P02741A: Nymph (LTPK4) Finished (11.21.2013)
5 & 6. 02811: Dain Deepaxe & 02823: Rasia, w/Spiked Chain Finished (1.29.2014)
7. 14536: Varaug, Orc Warlord (Alternate Sculpt) WIP & Finished (2.16.2014)
8. 14645: Bladesinger Sister "Phoebe" WIP & Finished (3.4.2014)
9. Jazzy's Garden of Eden WIP
- Liriel Finished (3.27.2014)
10. The Picnic or Something Victorianish... WIP & Finished! (finally!) (4.12.2014)
11. Winter Miniature Exchange: Stonehaven Dwarf Rogue Partial WIP & Finished! (4.19.2014)
12. 14321: Bow Sister "Nubian Princess" WIP & Finished! (5.1.2014)
- Special WIP! Building A Better Bowl - Basing tutorial
13. 03473: Khesh Blackscale, Dragonman (Sorry! I got WIP lazy ) & Finished! (5.17.14)
- Redemption! (sorta): Lazy Basing WIP
14. Stonehaven Miniatures Gnome Hoplite (a.k.a.: Pocket Achilles) Finished! (5.26.14)
15. 02689 Kurff the Swift (a.k.a.: The Hero of Speiburg) FAIL! WIP & Finally Finished (11.09.14)
16. 02981 Lonnia, Female Duelist or "The Fair Spansh Lady" WIP and Finished! (6.23.2014)
17. 50180: Mega-Mutant or "The Fly" Finished! (7.14.2014)
18. Bombshell Miniatures HS38 Rocket Bike & GhNT Security Bot or "The Race" Finished! (9.7.2014)
19. 14600: Kaya the Reaper or "Year of the Giants: Part I" WIP and Finished! (10.4.2014)
- Year of the Giants: Part Deaux! WIP
- Year of the Giants Diorama: Mothers Finished! (12.31.2014)
- ReaperCon 2015 Silver!!! Yay!
20. 02902: Slithe Queen or "Low Tide" [Fall Exchange Mini] Partial WIP & Finished!
21. Hasslefighter 2014 WIP PAUSED (11.8.14)
- HFGGL4 Fist of Golgo (i.e.: Billy)
- HFGGL8A Bobby Van Li (i.e.: Williams)
- HFC008 Kado
22. 01325 Bailey Silverbell Finished! (11.8.2014)
- Official 1st Anniversary of Painting Mini! Yay!
- ReaperCon 2015 Silver!!!
23. Target Acquired: Hasslefree's HFSF 109 "Smudgester" WIP & Finished! (11.21.2014)
- ReaperCon 2015 Bronze!
24. The Freaking Dungeon!!! (a.k.a.: Super Dungeon Explorer) WIP
25. Dr. Who Diorama (Present for Haden) WIP & Finished! (12.24.2014)
26. Bones Beauty Pageant: "Little Friend" (Cassie, Gnome Wizard) WIP & Finished! (2.7.2015)
27. "Never Toss A Dwarf" or 60004: Harsk, Iconic Male Dwarf Ranger WIP & Finished! (3.2.2015)
28. "She Be Queen!" Spring 2015 Exchange Finished! (4.16.2015)
29. "Speedy the Gobbo" Exercise in "speed" painting Finished! (4.20.2015)
30. Will's Dino Guy or Maj. Johan Emigholtz WIP & Finished! (6.8.2015)
31. Cowboys!: Roland Deschain or 59007: Gunslinger Finished! (4.5.2016)
32. Spaaacccceeeeee Woooollllvvvvsssssszzzz!!!!!! WIP
33. Dragons of Fall Latecoming or Marsya's Really Late I'm So Sorry It Took So Long And I Should Be Ashamed Project Finished! (4.2016)
34. Icewind Gail or Winter Witch 60149 WIP & Finished! (4.9.2016)
35. (ish) Some hood from Hasslefree.... (um, Joe!) Practically Finished (9.11.2018)
Running Total: 40ish Miniatures Completed! (+ a TARDIS!)
( #10 required 2 minis; #18 required 2 minis; #24 required 2 minis + a custom TARDIS #29 required 3 minis )
(Please note that the Running Total tabulates actual painted miniatures. The numbers indicate individual
projects, some of which may have not been completed.)
Also, a list of my continuing struggle of photographing these guys can be found here and here.
Who's Online 41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Dan Goodchild
- Doug Sundseth
- Chris Palmer
- Green Eyed Monster
- Darsc Zacal
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Al Capwn