Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

77185 Large Earth Elemental

Just like what everyone else is thinking and will say, the fossil in an earth elemental is stinking brilliant! Love it. Is the fossil actually part of the Bones mold or did you add it? I've never seen that figure.

Edited by Boris Khan
wording
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Boris Khan said:

Just like what everyone else is thinking and will say, the fossil in an earth elemental is stinking brilliant! Love it. Is the fossil actually part of the Bones mold or did you add it? I've never seen that figure.

It's part of the figure. And I can't take credit for painting it as a fossil, I stole that idea from someone else.::D:

• Like 5

"Oh, Rocky!"

He looks very plausible. The pretty little flowers on his base are a nice touch.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      Ok, I've got the box organized and packed; hopefully I can make to the post office Monday to start it on it's way.

Here's the list:

Ratmaster 2000--arrived 10/31, sent 11/1
      SGhawkins 09--arrived11/2, sent 11/10
      ShadowPhase--arrived 11/13, sent 11/16
      Strawhat--arrived 11/19, sent 12/1
      GlitterWolf--arrived 12/10
      RobinH--arrived 1/8, sent 1/9
      Necromancer---arrived 1/14, sent 1/16
      Generic Fighter--arrived 1/18, sent 1/22
      Disserma--arrived 1/24, sent 2/6
      RedAmbrosia--arrived 2/8, sent 2/26
      Ttuckerman--arrived 2/28, sent 3/1
      Fire Eyes--arrived 3/4, sent 3/15
      Chris Palmer--arrived 3/18
      Sanael

If there's anything left, send it back to me, and it'll get put into the next (regular version) BoGW that happens.

There are enough items included for everyone to make four (4) picks. After you've grabbed some stuff, seal it back up and send it the next person. This is all based on the generosity of people at Reapercon, so there's no need to put anything back in; this is a straight up gift.
      There are 2 pairs of sunglasses in there; they don't have anything to do with Reaper/Reapercon other than that they were in the swag bag, and (I'm guessing) donated by the city of Denton. If you want a pair take 'em, they don't have to count as one of your 4 items, unless your conscience dictates otherwise.
      If you want to help out with international shipping fees (and no one is under any obligation to do so) contact Strawhat, GlitterWolf, or RobinH to work something out.

A big THANK YOU!! to everyone who donated stuff for this to happen.

• By Maledrakh
      Just a random mini this time, the Stone Giant from the first expansion of the second Bones kickstarter from 2013.

Stone Giants are the smallest of the giants, but still much larger than Conan. And have mothers milk that also can be used as spackle.

77336: Stone Giant
      sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      from the Reaper Bones 2 kickstarter
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      50mm base

• By Maledrakh
      Wyrmgear the Clockwork Dragon was a part of the very first Bones kickstarter back in 2012. It has been standing around unpainted and semi-assembled on my Dragon shelf (the top one with extra space for all the wings and such) several years. Some time ago, I pulled it off the shelf and started rusting it up.
      And it did not look good. So I put it back on the shelf.
      And took it down again after some time, did some more rusting. And still it did not look any good.
      And some of this was down to the pristine, straight and flat wings. The wings are made in a much harder / more rigid plastic than the rest of the Bones. They might be polystyrene, but could  just as well be the same Bonesium PVC with less plasticiser. Whatever the case is, the wings are really hard and totally non-flexible.
      So I cut them up with scissors and took those wings outside behind the garage and burned them with fire!
      My trusty lighter delivered flaming retribution to those wings, letting me bend and scrunch them a bit.
      So, with the stiff and pristine wings dealt with, it was time for some more paint.
      None of the earlier paint jobs were any good, in the end I dumped a bunch of Citadel Nihilakh Oxide all over it, drybrushed a bunch of different bronzes, golds and greenish steel. The wing "cloth" is based on Citadel Ionrach Skin, Reaper Vampiric Shadow and a whole buch of other paints, shades and inks.

Pics below the clicky bit

• By Maledrakh
      WizKids make both Nolur's Marvelous and Pathfinder Deep Cuts miniatures, both similar in style, scale and the primer. These, however, were clear transparent with just their integral bases primed light grey.

I started by painting them all over with Army painter Anti-Shine Matte varnish. Then I gave them a wash of Citadel Casandora Yellow shade.
      When dry I then drybrushed carefully, using only "twelve to six"-strokes (think of a clock, the strokes going straight downward) with a pinkish red, a dark reddish brown and black.
      As these paints were both thin and carefully applied, the effect is much like a tasty gummy bear.
      Some dark blue in the eye cavities, followed by Army Painter Crystal Blue and Reaper Copper Verdigris on the eyeballs to make that demonic glow.
      The collars were painted with scale color Black Metal, followed by Army Painter Alien Purple and Scalecolor Deep Blue, topped with some more Black Metal.
      Inside the open mouth I painted some Citadel Yriel Yellow and Reaper Pure White.

Hell Hounds are really big dogs!
      I did the bases with black flock directly beneath the hounds, with a crescent of my normal green flockmix to the front. I dabbed some yellow and orange paint along the edges to hint at burning grass. The bases themselves are 3D-printed 30mm x 45mm lipped ovals.

72581 Hell Hounds
      Pathfinder Deep Cuts by WizKids
      Transparent PVC
      30x45mm bases
    • By vulture
      My painting time is pretty limited these days, but I still fit it in here and there. I find elementals to be excellent and relaxing subjects for brief speedpainting sessions; their crude natures are very forgiving for the time-constrained.

This guy is a pretty hefty piece of metal & a nice unique sculpt.
  • Who's Online   42 Members, 1 Anonymous, 251 Guests (See full list)