lexomatic

wizkids pre-primed pirates tabletop

This was stress relief from bad contractors and totally unplanned.

The beach base was a total whim, and works for one. I have no idea what I was thinking with the Obelix type...

20180923_171805.jpg

20180923_171823.jpg

20180923_172114.jpg

20180923_172011.jpg

20180923_172052.jpg

20180923_172029.jpg

• Like 19

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sorcerersapprentice
      Squareware has now launched on Kickstarter. I'm seeking funding to prototype and mass manufacture a very special dice kit I have developed that combines the best features of a Box, Bag, Mats and Dice to give you millions of instant creative solutions during or while building your RPG - and - help the DM eliminate creative, mental and physical fatigue; minimize the need for manuals; free up space behind the DM screen; allow you to craft entire quest concepts in seconds; and make it easy on your shoulders, bag or pocket to carry. #dice #rpg #dnd #tabletop #gaming   https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/squareware-rpg-dice-tools-for-sparking-the-creativ
    • By Dan d'Lyon
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firelockgames/oak-and-iron?ref=profile_starred

“The enemy fleet brings its guns to bear as your captains await your command. Yet you hold your course even as fear threatens to test your mettle. You know the broadside you are poised to receive will be returned in kind, and with a single cunning maneuver your fleet will gain the weather gauge. The wooden behemoths creak and groan as the wind pushes them into position. With one sharp word the sky blackens with the smoke of canon fire. The battle begins!”   

Oak & Iron is a 1/600th scale naval game set in the age of piracy, imperial expansion, and above all - fighting sail. It allows players to recreate battles between squadrons and small fleets of armed sailing ships. The game is designed to be true to the theme and tactics of the period while supplying significant flavor for the various factions. Players of Oak & Iron can expect to find all the usual design hallmarks fans of Firelock Games have come to know and love:  innovative rules, historical integrity, and beautiful models. 
      The starting point for the game is the Oak & Iron: Core Box below.  We have included everything that you will need to play right out of this box, including six starting factions and a large amount of customization options for your squadrons and individual ships. We have done our best to add as much stuff to the Core Box as we could, but larger orders with manufacturers means less cost. A savings which we in-turn pass on to our backers through stretch goals. With this Kickstarter, our hope is to add an even greater value to the Core Box over the course of this campaign and launch a game that we will support with new releases for years to come. 

• By Crowley
      In the Storm King's Thunder campaign I'm playing in we've had 2 encounters with an ancient blue dragon named Iymrith. I don't have a painted blue dragon... And my very pregnant DM isn't going to get one bought and painted before we need her, so...

Digging through my minis, I figured Narthrax was as close as I've got. It was going to be blue anyway (or dessert sands brown) so that was my top choice. I also thought about the wizkids dragons, but the FLGS only had the green, and I wasn't all that impressed with the sculpt. I'd rather drop $30 on another Narthrax if I'm gonna paint a brown one in the future.

Tonight I pulled her out, scrubbed her down, and started working on her base.
      She could probably for on a smaller base, but with her wingspan, and the fact that she's an ancient dragon, I figure she deserves it.

and the cork will give her some extra height. 

It helps her look even bigger as compared to Blightfang!

More to come!
    • By Metalchaos
      Here's Niles Nimbletoe, the Rogue in our D&D group. 02769, Woody the Halfling Ranger is Dark Heaven Legends model sculpted by Werner Klocke.
      It's a model I had already painted a long time ago. I refreshed the colors and I added mud on his coat. This little guy is so tiny I monted it on a 20mm base.

• By Rigel
      The TerrainCrate set I got included a heap of Abandoned Mine stuff, including mine carts, mine cart tracks, pickaxes and shovels, Big Glowy Crystals, crates, barrels, debris, and some dynamite kegs. I'm introducing this to my Weird West game as the Lost Mines of Joaquin Carrasquillo. Joaquin (played by 50319, Olaf, Dwarf Gambler) knows *where* his mining concern is, but has recently lost control of it. Dug too greedily...an' too deep. Awoke summat dark down there, forgotten by th' people of the world above. (It's Grab-oids with the serial numbers filed off.)

Anyway, there's a lot of stuff to paint and here's the first installment! Tracks, mine carts, and equipment. The Crate came with three of each mining miniature. I gave the three mine carts slightly different colors (Rough Iron, cheap Gunmetal Grey, and a 50/50 mix of black and metallic pearl), and will probably rust the hell out of one of them. Two loads of coal; I'll need to do some research into silver ore before I paint the third cartload. 

Rack of mining equipment (needs a touchup and I should paint the lantern glass; also need to wash the wood with something dark)

and a bunch of tracks! These probably would have benefited from a more patient man doing the painting. There are a LOT of track pieces--at least six of each straight track bit and three each of the others. I don't think I'll revisit the creosote ties, but I might rust up some of those rails. Typhus Corrosion and a bit of reddish brown, at least. 

The Crate also came with a set of Dungeon Traps, which included this beautiful mad-science Big Chunky Switch. It seemed like exactly the sort of thing adventurers in an out-of-control mine cart barrelling towards an intersection might have to lasso/shoot so as to switch tracks from Certain Horrible Doom to Possible Unspecified Doom. 

• Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)