Clearman

Scale75 - The Chronicles of Run

If I went in for Thaal, I'd feel kinda obligated to pick up the dragon. I don't particularly like the dragon. I really hope that they bulk up the top of his head a little bit, and balance out his jaws. He has such an absurd overbite, that he'd just drool and drop any potential prey. The top of his head is so squished down that it seems like he got a slight skull crushing by a boulder. 

I went in for one bust for the steampunk kickstarter they did a bit ago, because the stretch goals were so sweet. :)  

And god yes, Groo has some marvelous poetry in it.

Irina WIP image is up. I honestly wasn't expecting both arms to be in there but I was hoping for the shield. I'm not sure about the new shield design.

b85b024a2aebfc7b1d9a834eca5fc828_original.jpg

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 5

I'm hoping we make it to 60k for the free bases, but the 65k bust doesn't do anything for me.  At this point I'm not likely to increase my pledge.  How much I may add in the Pledge Manager may be a different issue!  Ended up adding a couple of 75mm figures during the Steampunk KS just because the price was too good to pass up on (essentially 3 for 2 deal).  Money is a lot tighter this time around though, so we'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

Trying to decide which painting books I want.. I'm thinking both the painting processes book and the bust painting book, although I don't really care about the color scheme info that much...

• Like 3

Irina is very Warcraft-ish. The pose is not what I expected. Kinda tempted by her, but all that metal on a bust is intimidating. I'll consider her. All the busts I have are no metal aside from a necklace or trinket so far. 

Which is precisely why I'm thinking of adding her.. all my busts are dragons or mostly skin and fabric

• Like 1

I guess if I was to paint her Warcraft style too, there would be less pressure on the metaliness of the metal. WoW armor is a little bit ridiculous. Might be a good experiment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Irina is very Warcraft-ish. The pose is not what I expected. Kinda tempted by her, but all that metal on a bust is intimidating. I'll consider her. All the busts I have are no metal aside from a necklace or trinket so far. 

Here's the original colour scheme (and yes, very WOW). Metal shouldn't be too intimidating. You know metal has a rather limited colour palette. The same goes for skin and hair. You know which colours will look more believable or not. When it comes to things like cloth or leather the wealth of options available mean you can spend a long time deciding how you want it to look.

Not quite as much metal as you might think. The belly's only cloth (or leather), probably padded a bit. The gloves are leather once you get past the wrists. If you ignore the sword & shield most of the metal will be on the upper torso, the shoulders, and that tall cowl shaped thing around the back of the head.

I wish they'd kept her original shield design but, since they've designed those emblem badges to go with the busts they decided to put hers upon her shield. I can't fault the logic. Just preferred the old design, that's all.

Honestly, at some point I'm half expecting them to start selling lower portion kits to convert the busts into full 1:12 scale figures :p.

cache_24607943.jpg.742dd147b623005f62007f87039d25e1.jpg

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 3

Scale75 mentioned Loreen's arm in the comments. I hope it's available since she is one of the busts i would like to purchase.

• Like 1

Things are looking good to hit the coasters as a freebie (I'm happy there - they fit the nerd lair well). Maybe the bases. They say they'll be showing some more stretch goals soon; I hope they are more fun than Bort. Some folks love painting that style of ugly brute, but at least to me he isn't that appealing. 

51 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Things are looking good to hit the coasters as a freebie (I'm happy there - they fit the nerd lair well). Maybe the bases. They say they'll be showing some more stretch goals soon; I hope they are more fun than Bort. Some folks love painting that style of ugly brute, but at least to me he isn't that appealing. 

I would like him if there was something more to him.  Like if he had a club over his shoulder or a fierce snarl or something.  But right now he's just too plain. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I would like him if there was something more to him.  Like if he had a club over his shoulder or a fierce snarl or something.  But right now he's just too plain. 

Or bland, to put it more bluntly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, a club would be a good addition on him. Still not my thing. I'm not into painting sentient blobs. The derp face is alright; not all faces need to be scowls to be scary. We'll see tomorrow what the last offerings are. 

• Like 1