Generic Fighter

Spooky, Scary, Hobby GOALS!(October Hobby Goals Thread)

-Paint my first bust.

-Finish my D&D group minis. (Two left!)

-Build and, if time allows, paint diorama.

-Paint at least 3 other minis.

-Transfer the rest of my GW paints to Reaper dropper bottles.

• Like 9

On 10/3/2018 at 12:36 AM, HolkDiggity said:

-Transfer the rest of my GW paints to Reaper dropper bottles.

I've been thinking of doing this. I rarely ever bother with the colours I have in pots now that I have a big selection of dropper bottles and it would just make my storage and organisation easier. How did you move the paint to the new bottles?

• Like 6

I just got my Adrasteia Winterthorn mini today, so it seems fitting that I should try and get her painted this month. After that, anything else I can paint is just gravy. I did get a whole bunch of halloween themed stuff in my order but we'll see what happens.... I'll start small lol

• Like 6

Carryover

Paint River Widow faction figure from RCon 

Greenstuff Bones Conversions:  (mashup class) 

- Flying Bear 

- Dragon Wyrm 

finish 2 minis for exchange. 

paint Giant (Ral Partha 1977 ed)

armored figure from bones 3 core to practice blending  for my las KD figure 

start last KD: gold smoke knight.

• Like 6

Vacation got in the way of finishing my stuff...so some transfers from september.

• Finish my Oni Centaur for my Nippon Project
  • Finish my Summoning piece for my Children of the Grave Project.
  • Finish my Lizardmen Command for my Lost World Project.
  • Keep painting ( I dare not say finish) my La Charra Bust.
  • Keep working on ( again not thinking of getting it done yet) my Welcome to the Jungle piece.
  • Probably start another mini for my Nippon Project...I have ideas...
Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6

On 10/4/2018 at 12:40 PM, Zink said:

I've been thinking of doing this. I rarely ever bother with the colours I have in pots now that I have a big selection of dropper bottles and it would just make my storage and organisation easier. How did you move the paint to the new bottles?

I just begin by mixing them up very well, and then pouring the majority of the paint into the bottle. I use a small pin as a spoon, scraping what I can as I go. Once most of the paint is out, and it becomes more difficult to do, I put about 10-15 drops of Reaper's flow improver into the pot, close it, and give it a good shake. Then I repeat the first part.

Also, the labels come off of GW paint pots very easily, so they can be reapplied to the Reaper bottles.

Edited by HolkDiggity
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, HolkDiggity said:

I just begin by mixing them up very well, and then pouring the majority of the paint into the bottle. I use a small pin as a spoon, scraping what I can as I go. Once most of the paint is out, and it becomes more difficult to do, I put about 10-15 drops of Reaper's flow improver into the pot, close it, and give it a good shake. Then I repeat the first part.

Also, the labels come off of GW paint pots very easily, so they can be reapplied to the Reaper bottles.

@knarthex has some funnels for this, maybve he can tell us where he got those.

• Like 4

Ooh, I rather like that organization, SparrowMarie!

I'm unshelving my clear Kyphrixis - I bought it during the Kickstarter because I wanted to make it a nightlight. I'm gonna make it this month!

My new projects are practicing skin tones and sculpting another mini.

• Like 8

On 9/30/2018 at 10:51 PM, Ratmaster2000 said:

well hopefully this gets done this month:

prime mini's with stynlrez

get my October facebook giant painted

get my November angel of shadows STARTED

get my forum minis picked and maybe started (and done before end of the year)

that's pretty much it.

Well got 8 mini's primed with stynlrez, came out great. This is some great primer!

So, now work can start on my Giant

Angel of shadows primed, so it has been started:)

forum mini's still not done, maybe end of month, or November:) Got to add Yeti Chieftain now:)

• Like 3

On 10/2/2018 at 6:53 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm going to keep things somewhat minimal this month for goals....

• Work on Unrelenting Tide (Skaven Army): I'm aiming to get that second squad of Night Runners assembled on new 25mm round bases, and also have all ten Poison Wind Globadiers painted too
  • Work on Furiously Fluffy Howling Hounds: Reaver of Kargir and Krokuta are my two main focuses for painting, but I also want to get the gaps filled on my Minotaur Demon Lord
  • Work towards finishing Tanith!
  • Prepare for the oncoming apocalypse, aka 7-Day Goblin Challenge and DDS2 (which I'll more than likely be starting late in the day October 26th!)

EDIT:  Ebonwrath Rainbow dragon challenge, and Wyrmgear being fully sculpted and assembled (with a custom base!) have been moved to "overall 2018" goals in order to have more focus on a few things, instead of many.

Updating slightly earlier than the middle of the month since I know come the 26th it'll be mass mayhem for me.  Delightful mass mayhem with a side of cookies.

Despite being fairly distracted by rl as well as the game Dishonored, I have seen some progress with things!

For Skaven: No progress on characters or second squad of Night Runners, but five from the first squad are now coated in brown liner, and the eight uncoated Poison Wind Globadiers are now the colour of grey liner.  Cloaks/cloth/pants will see paint tomorrow on them, I suspect.  No idea why, but I'm getting this feeling purple might wind up sneaking it's way onto a few of the models....

For the 'Hounds: Not much to report yet, but I am hoping to attach my Reaver's arms this week, and get most of Krokuta blocked in.

Tanith: I've finally figured out a few more colours for her, and have started blocking them in.. Just haven't taken any pictures yet because I'm rather tired, and therefore will deal with such later, when I wake up and have energy to do such! ::P:

• Like 3

Might as well do a mid month update too because I've actually accomplished a fair bit.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:10 AM, Zink said:

October goals:

-finish castle

-finish dragon

-make some siege equipment

-paint anything past the above stuff

Basic castle is finished but I still want to make some ruined pieces and maybe stairs to get from the courtyard to the walls.

Finished the dragon last night.

Made a siege tower and am working on a covered battering ram. Lots of little things to make before I'm ready for my big castle assault.

Painted a barbarian to test out the Bronzed Flesh triad and a female wraith that's been laying around half painted for months.

Wow goals 100% accomplished. Still got lots to work on though.

• Like 3

Mid-month update - I have fallen behind schedule a bit, but I am averaging about 40 minutes per day of hobby time, which is the same as last month, more or less.  I am getting a lot of stuff assembled and primed, but not much time has been spent painting.  As the weather cools down and priming outside becomes impossible, I will probably switch more to painting - but until then, it is assemble and prime all the way, baby!

(Well, until I have spent several hours or more putting stuff together, and the pile of grey and white plastic looks intimidating - then I spend a half hour or so painting, just to make a small dent in it and remind myself which end of the brush to use.)

• Like 2