TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

3 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.) (Xiwo Xerase)

So many to choose from....

The Princess Bride

Conan (the one with Arnold Schwarzenegger; haven't seen the newer one)

The Lost Boys

Red Dawn

I could go on...

• Like 4

Zontar, Thing from Venus.  This might be the worst film ever.  They took a bad B movie with good actors and remade it with very bad actors.  One memorable scene has a husband shooting his wife that has been taken over by the aliens with all the emotion of a cigar store Indian.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.) (Xiwo Xerase)

The Sword and the Sorceror: It's stupid. So stupid it burns. But it was fun to watch just to point out the stupid.

The Good Witch: Oh, so Hallmark channel. But the actors work well in that style of movie.

Swashbuckler: Hesitant to put this on the list. Good production values, good actors, cliched story, but the movie hits its marks on the genre tropes so well that it might actually be a good movie.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Probably stuff like Grandma's Boy, Super Troopers or maybe even The Wedding Singer. That kind of stupid humor. 

ETA: Wedding Singer has some redeemable qualities as a movie. It's less stupid.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

A difficult question as this covers the majority of my movie collection. But if I had to pick one it would be Battlefield Baseball.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

My top two are Flash Gordon (1980) and Tron.  The Black Hole might be third.

If you want some background for the question: I recently had (what was left of) a tooth removed.  After the procedure, I was supposed to take it easy, and what's better than sitting on the couch eating ice cream and watching fun movies?

(If anyone's curious, the list of movies I ended up watching over two days was Flash Gordon, The Black Hole, Barbarella (my wife's choice), The Great Mouse Detective, Red Sonja, Things to Come (which is not a junk food movie), The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (featuring Tom Baker in the role of the villain), and the MST3K treatment of Space Mutiny.)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Old Conan

Willow

Underworld Series

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Too many to list, I seem to have a fondness for "bad" movies. Some that come to mind immediately are: the first three Transformers movies, the fourth is too long and I haven't seen the fifth; 2012 and other world ending disaster movies; and the always awesome Cutthroat Island.

• Like 5

Many of the titles already listed, but top choice  has to be Big Trouble in Little China, followed by Escape from New York. 

• Like 6

I mean, most of the movies I enjoy aren't like, oscar worthy stuff. I really enjoy the marvel movies, and to hear some of y'all talk about em, they're pure garbage :lol: 

But when I'm in need of good comfort movies, like when I'm sick, I usually default to princess movies, with the animated Beauty & the Beast being the first on the list.

• Like 8

Favorite is hard to pick but uhh... 

I really like the Dungeons & Dragons movie, and the Warcraft movie. 

• Like 4

Most of the above plus "Starship Troopers".

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 10/8/2018 at 8:28 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 8: How far do you travel to get to work and how long does it take?

It's 29.55 miles as the crow flies, but a lot farther as the transit system lies.

I leave the house at 7:20 and arrive at work just before 9:00.

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across The Eighth Dimension.

2 hours ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Too many to list, I seem to have a fondness for "bad" movies. Some that come to mind immediately are: the first three Transformers movies, the fourth is too long and I haven't seen the fifth; 2012 and other world ending disaster movies; and the always awesome Cutthroat Island.

The fifth is the longest movie I have ever seen. The only reason I made it to the end was because it was the first half of a double feature.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:
5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

So many to choose from....

The Princess Bride

Conan (the one with Arnold Schwarzenegger; haven't seen the newer one)

The Lost Boys

Red Dawn

I could go on...

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Old Conan

Willow

Underworld Series

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

Big Trouble in Little China, followed by Escape from New York

1 hour ago, paintybeard said:

Starship Troopers

You people saved me a lot of typing. All of those are on my list of movies that I watch at least once a year.

• Like 5