Jump to content

TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Conan (the one with Arnold Schwarzenegger; haven't seen the newer one)

I thought there were two Arnold-as-Conan movies. Confused now. Does that mean there are three Conan movies?

 

 

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.)

The Harryhausen flicks. Any of them. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TGP said:

I thought there were two Arnold-as-Conan movies. Confused now. Does that mean there are three Conan movies?

 

Conan the Barbarian (1982) - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Conan the Destroyer (1984) - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Conan the Barbarian (2011) - Jason Momoa

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.) (Xiwo Xerase)

 

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a classic, especially around this time of year.

 

A film so awful, it should only be watched in a packed theatre, with friends (and drinks), so you can sing along, dance, and mock the film profusely.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Clearman said:

 

Conan the Barbarian (1982) - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Conan the Destroyer (1984) - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Conan the Barbarian (2011) - Jason Momoa

 

They should do another Arnold one

 

Conan the OldandGrumpy (2019) - Arnold Schwarzenegger, aka Conan the King

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TGP said:

 

They should do another Arnold one

 

Conan the OldandGrumpy (2019) - Arnold Schwarzenegger, aka Conan the King

 

If you believe the talk, it's something that is in the works.  Arnold confirmed it was happening as recently as April 2018.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clearman said:
4 minutes ago, TGP said:

 

They should do another Arnold one

 

Conan the OldandGrumpy (2019) - Arnold Schwarzenegger, aka Conan the King

 

If you believe the talk, it's something that is in the works.  Arnold confirmed it was happening as recently as April 2018.

 

That means an old and flabby Arnold without shirt or pants.

 

Do not waaaaant...

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.) (Xiwo Xerase)

 

The Italian Job for sure, with Marky Mark and Edward Norton. Probably not even the best Italian Job, but dang if I don't watch it every time I see it on cable.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.) (Xiwo Xerase)

 

Since that describes pretty much my entire film collection, it's hard to pick just one.

 

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen hasn't been mentioned yet, so I'm randomly going with that one.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Underworld Series

I did not know what those were. 

 

Bad [?] movies that make good money, it says. I don’t need to guess which faction W.O.O.F. supports. 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:
2 hours ago, Clearman said:
2 hours ago, TGP said:

 

They should do another Arnold one

 

Conan the OldandGrumpy (2019) - Arnold Schwarzenegger, aka Conan the King

 

If you believe the talk, it's something that is in the works.  Arnold confirmed it was happening as recently as April 2018.

 

That means an old and flabby Arnold without shirt or pants.

 

Do not waaaaant...

 

Maybe it means Conan wears Armor (like Kings do) and he is King (like he was in one of the books?) of Longlostland (Cimmeria?)

 

Arnold for King!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.) (Xiwo Xerase)

 

Hmmm, 13th Warrior is probably the closest one that I can think of in terms of how often I watch it. The Expendables was close but I don't really watch it (other than having seen it in the theater) and I think the whole point of the movie was to be "bad".

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TGP said:
9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Underworld Series

I did not know what those were. 

 

Bad [?] movies that make good money, it says. I don’t need to guess which faction W.O.O.F. supports. 

 

The first couple star Kate Beckinsale. I'll watch pretty much anything with her in it whether or not it's a good movie.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EldritchEladrin said:

 

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a classic, especially around this time of year.

 

A film so awful, it should only be watched in a packed theatre, with friends (and drinks), so you can sing along, dance, and mock the film profusely.

 

 i resemble that remark...

 

rockytat1.jpg.9b9ee386a236eb52676d4567cbd12b59.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Zink said:

 

The first couple star Kate Beckinsale. I'll watch pretty much anything with her in it whether or not it's a good movie.

There's a fourth one with her as well. I don't recall how if did in theaters, but it was pretty fun.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.) (Xiwo Xerase)

The second Dungeons and Dragons movie. ^_^

 

 

EDIT: Good lord, I forgot about all The Gamers movies as well.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×