TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

On 10/8/2018 at 7:28 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 8: How far do you travel to get to work and how long does it take?

Something like 15 miles and 20 minutes. 

14 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.) (Xiwo Xerase)

I haven't rewatched a movie in years.  TBH I barely watch new movies anymore.  I guess once I get around to catching up on things it'll be easy on the wallet because there will be plenty of good stuff in the old and cheap section.

• Like 4

The movies I rewatch both frequently AND on purpose are generally considered Good Movies: Jurassic Park, Alien, Silence of the Lambs.

I like Star Wars a bunch, and I thoroughly enjoy Episode 1, so that probably counts.

Another one I have enjoyed many times is "Wasabi," starring Jean Reno.

Oh! and "Hudson Hawk." Love that one.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Zink said:

The first couple star Kate Beckinsale. I'll watch pretty much anything with her in it whether or not it's a good movie.

Which makes me add Van Helsing..

• Like 5

11 hours ago, EldritchEladrin said:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a classic, especially around this time of year.

A film so awful, it should only be watched in a packed theatre, with friends (and drinks), so you can sing along, dance, and mock the film profusely.

Except that they recently did a re-make that was much worse.

Tim Curry played the Narrator, and I'm sure his performance was a deliberate effort to sabotage the entire film. 

• Like 4

Oct 10: I'm having a problem with or need information on ___________________. Fill in the blank with a subject/topic for which you would be the person I should come to for help.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 10: I'm having a problem with or need information on ___________________. Fill in the blank with a subject/topic for which you would be the person I should come to for help.

Magical blue firebreathing ducks? You've come to the right place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Redacted.  But which redacted, one will never know, mwa ha ha ha ha! :devil::ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I can't think of a thing. I try to avoid taking my advice whenever possible. I am far better at serving as a bad example.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

How to Google.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

My hotel's posting management system (pms :lol:). I can solve most of the problems people create for themselves here, I know lots of little tricks, and I have no chill about forcing the system to do what I want. (Excludes programming info.)

On everything else I do not profess to anything greater than a working knowledge.

• Like 8

What to cook for dinner?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Building computers, I repeat building not fixing! Also I like to build pretty expensive computers so...

Also @Glitterwolf I'm pretty sure that's a super power you've got there. So when are we going to see the thread of eating with Glitterwolf?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

demonology?

taxes?

divination?

sleep?

dunno... I'm only an expert on the soul-flensing ones

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Lawn care and mushrooms! Our front yard gets overgrown with mushrooms every summer and I have no idea how to stop them!  They're starting to spread into our backyard.  I don't think they're poisonous or anything, but they rot and mold and turn into a black goo after a week or so.  Googling has been unhelpful. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3