TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

14 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 11: How much time each week do you devote to miniatures?

It varies, but I usually try to watch an hour of live stream, and then 1-3 hours of painting.  so I'm averaging around 20 hours/week, but sometimes as high as 40 if the entire weekend is free.

If you include time spend on this forum... we probably shouldn't total that up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Clearman said:

It varies, but I usually try to watch an hour of live stream, and then 1-3 hours of painting.  so I'm averaging around 20 hours/week, but sometimes as high as 40 if the entire weekend is free.

If you include time spend on this forum... we probably shouldn't total that up.

Let's not go there....:ph34r:

• Haha 10

33 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Not counting time spent here*, 0 - 16 hours or so. Miniatures painting is just one of my hobbies and I've mostly learned not to try to force it to be what I care most about at any time. That way can be found burnout.

This week, probably 10 hours so far, between playing with my new airbrush setup and painting Secret Weapon terrain. When I finish this batch, I'm hoping to get back to painting the bust I started a few weeks ago.

* "Resolved: Time spent on miniatures forums counts as time 'devote[d] to miniatures'." Pretty good debate competition question. ::D:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

between 0 and 20 hours. I paint more in the fall, because I usually am painting while football is on, unless the game is amazing.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

0 to 8 hours a day. Closer to 0 these days.  The last couple of months have been busy and when I get a free day my interest has been in quilting.  My club has a project every month, plus I am trying to finish a quilt before it gets cold(er).  Our paint group OTOH, dissolved pretty quickly.  Of 8 people who said they were interested in regular paint nights only 3 of us are showing up. 

• Like 8

It goes in spurts, more often none than some.  On good weeks, I'll get 10-16 hours. 

• Like 8

Almost none. :down:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

0-12 hours.  Usually closer to 0.  For example, I haven't painted any since about the time our electric range shorted out (so last Wednesday).

I've decided that my next mini to paint is going to be an experiment in "How quickly can I go from primed to tabletop?"  Otherwise how will I make a dent in my backlog before Bones 4 arrives?

Edit: I don't count time spent on the Reaper forums as "devote[d] to miniatures".

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The better part of most days is spent painting/sculpting/modeling interrupted only by an occasional trip somewhere or other, a bite to eat, & a restless sleep.

I am a hermit.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I try to do, at least, roughly 7 hours. Now whether that's an hour a day or a 7 hour stretch is dependent on lots of things. Lately I've been getting more than that in. Trying to finish a mini(s) for a deadline will do that.

• Like 7

Not enough. :ph34r: Ninjad by @Chaoswolf and others :ph34r: 

It is never the same two weeks running. 

• Like 7

Almost none.  I've recently gotten an itch to play Hero/Warhammer Quest though, so hopefully that changes.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Less than I should. I get home, have food, then my brain is derped out. 

• Like 7

On 10/9/2018 at 6:57 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.) (Xiwo Xerase)

Most movies are more enjoyable than they are good. Not everyone knows the difference. I happen to enjoy quite a few terrible movies. I have also long been a horror fan and as all horror fans know, we're subjected to quite a lot of terrible movies and there is a big difference between a bad movie that's still fun and a bad movie that's just bad. However, probably my favourite of the bad horror movies is a rather blasphemous pick - I love the remake of The Omen that came out in 2006. Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that it's not a good movie and it's not even good by the standards of bad horror (although I will note that despite most other critics giving it a poor review, Roger Ebert gave it a thumbs up.) But I have always loved it. I was super excited about its release into theatres - they premiered it on June 6, 2006 (666 :devil:) and I dragged a friend with me (it was a Tuesday night) and loved it and bought the dvd the day it came out and have probably watched it a good 666 times. I used to have pretty severe insomnia and on nights where I couldn't sleep, this was one of my go to movies. It's not good, I wouldn't recommend it, but I love it.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:09 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 10: I'm having a problem with or need information on ___________________. Fill in the blank with a subject/topic for which you would be the person I should come to for help.

Where to buy most xenomorph related paraphernalia. 

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

If I have a really good week and am able to paint every day, which is ideal for me, I easily put in around 30 hours of actively working on something at my desk. If it's not a good week, then it's closer to 15-20.

• Like 11