TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 11: How much time each week do you devote to miniatures?

Between 5 and 15 hours depending on how badly I get sucked into wasting my time on pointless stuff.

• Like 8

It varies a lot depending on time of year and mood. I try for an hour a day. Some days I can get in as much as 4-5. Last year I had my best year ever for minis. Mood was decent, work wasn't killing me and I did a lot. This year a combo of family and work related stress  and netflix dropped my productivity. Just getting back into a decent routine now.  Crappy weather for the last month were I couldn't work outside has helped a lot. Had to do something with all the spare time and I'm a bit tired of just watching tv or reading forums.

5 hours ago, Clearman said:

It varies, but I usually try to watch an hour of live stream, and then 1-3 hours of painting.  so I'm averaging around 20 hours/week, but sometimes as high as 40 if the entire weekend is free.

If you include time spend on this forum... we probably shouldn't total that up.

Sometimes I think I spend way too much time browsing forums but on the other hand it gives me the inspiration to do my hobby stuff. I don't have a player group right now other than my kids so chatting and sharing here keeps me plugging away on my projects. A few years ago I went for 2-3 years without buying anything (probably my biggest hobby activity :rolleyes:) and barely any building and painting. I've learned my toys help a lot towards improving my moods and that improves everything else. I'm actually building some things that I've wanted for 20+ years and it feels great.

• Like 7

The more up-beat answer for me is: Ask me again in two weeks, when one of the two things consuming 100% of my time is over, and I (might) start having a few minutes of spare time here and there.

• Like 8

On 10/10/2018 at 6:09 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 10: I'm having a problem with or need information on ___________________. Fill in the blank with a subject/topic for which you would be the person I should come to for help.

Film editing. Yesterday I recovered some lost footage from my friend's SD card. I also helped another friend with something called a low pass filter in Adobe Premiere.

buckyball

10 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

This is a tricky question. I probably average 8 hours a week painting. But then there is time I spend in what my girlfriend calls 'miniature land' which is mostly idly gazing at figures on CMoN and reading TMP ect.... There I am pretty sure I devote too much time.

buckyball

• Like 9

12 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Generally 3-20 hrs... Um depends on how much energy I have that week. Too little and it is only during painting group, too much and I start going out dancing.

• Like 6

Oct 12, 13, 14: Weekend Quest

• What does your work station/studio look like? Take a picture this weekend and show us.
  • If it is messy, for extra credit, clean it up after taking the picture and take/post an after picture. :)
  • Like 7

Clean it up if it's messy?  However will I get any work done if it's all tidy?  There'd be nothing to work on in that case! 

::P:  Couldn't resist.  I'll take pics after work, so natural light contributes to the pics alongside the desk lights... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

• What does your work station/studio look like? Take a picture this weekend and show us.
  • If it is messy, for extra credit, clean it up after taking the picture and take/post an after picture. :)

100_0596.JPG.a8c675ed0c97d705c0c55a35ffa8e9da.JPG

The timing of today's question was quite nice, as it usually is a bit more cluttered than this. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

It is a tray table, and no.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

You asked for it; SO here's my Workplace:

That's the cutting table & storage space:

DSCN6865.thumb.JPG.e0aa6e96873c29dacca307276e0198aa.JPG

Assembly Area:

DSCN6862.thumb.JPG.98614a90113609d40d7e4ee986e4f337.JPG

A zoom in on the Painting Table form HELL!:

DSCN6851.thumb.JPG.6de22a3e1811a9443c7f2b7e3ba27296.JPGDSCN6864.thumb.JPG.738d8f8062a560b66d95d58bdaf82716.JPGDSCN6853.thumb.JPG.733ecb24214ec8188b28fc55bf604fc0.JPG

My link to Humanity...such as it/you are:

DSCN6863.thumb.JPG.f66ea3612e2aea8c62c7a0e1cdf19399.JPG

AND Damnit The Cat, Ruler of the Pecan Grove, Fuzzy Reincarnation of Huckleberry Finn, & Rowdy Little Hooligan busy contributing to my mental well being:

DSCN6861.thumb.JPG.8b3113fb31462eca70781365fcebabaa.JPG

As to the clean up: NO! That is not about to happen.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, malefactus said:

As to the clean up: NO! That is not about to happen.

Given the level of AWESOME in those pictures, you don't need any extra credit. :poke:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I have to set it up every time since I don't have a dedicated area.

So all it is is an old GW Paintstation, lots of caddies filled with paint, boxes and jars filled with terrain stuff and bases, pots of glue and tools and such.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Oh man, this is a mean one, Andy. Ok, I'll accept your challenge of shaming myself into cleaning up my desk, it could definitely use it....I'm back down to only a few inches of workable space. :lol: I'll have to take a picture when I'm back home from the office though.

Cleaning it is definitely going to have to be a weekend project....I need to reorganize my paint racks (again) to include all of the paints from Reapercon, as I haven't done that yet.........probably should unpack my suitcase too. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8