TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

12 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Ooooo! You don't have to hide them! We won't tell! ^_^ 

Indeed @TaleSpinnerneed not worry.

WOOF can keep a secret , yes Sir..!

We would never accidently tell a secret, we can keep our mouths shut!

See? Otherwise we would tell you where our secret hide out is!

*** points at map. see, right there?***

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Indeed @TaleSpinnerneed not worry.

WOOF can keep a secret , yes Sir..!

We would never accidently tell a secret, we can keep our mouths shut!

See? Otherwise we would tell you where our secret hide out is!

*** points at map. see, right there?***

You forgot the other secret totally top secret thing of secretness: when visiting woof headquarters, bring cupcakes or cookies for admittance. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Here is my work area. It’s usually cleaner but I am in the middle of a few projects plus reorganizing stuff. Most of my paints are not shown, I keep them in some Reaper paint caddies that go on the shelves that are in the bottom right of the photo. The paint racks on the wall contain my metallics (left) and my clears, fluorescents, liners, whites, and blacks (right). Paints on the desk are ones for my current projects plus my Scale 75 sets in the shelving unit.

8FDE5232-A748-47AC-B701-AD7EB9590E1F.thumb.jpeg.52380a09cc2463d9439ad0b53e182a34.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Couldn't find my camera earlier. I'm pretty much the only one that uses it and it wasn't in any of the usual spots. Finally found it deep in the recliner where I usually sit when I'm on my laptop. It's been there for a week since the last time I used it. Here's the before photo.

IMG_6250.thumb.JPG.c46286be141c98605ca293587771b5e7.JPG

Because it was bad enough I decided to do some tidying up. I want to reorganise my paints but I need another rack. Won't stay this way for long but it's better than it was.

IMG_6251.thumb.JPG.7a9c5ec215a77c1352b21942dd02ad5b.JPG

It also lead to me trying to finish off a couple of things I was working on so that I could put the paint away. Did a fair bit on different things but only finished the barbarian in the photos. Not seen is a big shelf to the left which has a ton of minis on it that is my painting cue. I regularly don't follow the cue but they are my "higher priority" things I want to do. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 12, 13, 14: Weekend Quest

• What does your work station/studio look like? Take a picture this weekend and show us.
  • If it is messy, for extra credit, clean it up after taking the picture and take/post an after picture. :)

*glances nervously at messy hobby desk :ph34r:* Umm...er.....uhhhhh......*places a Cthulhu on top of everything :;,;:* There, now nobody can see all the mess...........

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

On 10/12/2018 at 10:07 AM, pinkymadigan said:

My safe place, with recently reduced Radon levels:

IMG_20180729_223252737.thumb.jpg.703880a9a4da64e74643554abb96c190.jpg

That's it clean, before I had actually done any work on it in my new place. I'll add a current pic later tonight if I remember.

Oh hey I remembered to take a current picture but forgot to post it!

Here it is:

IMG_20181012_193914.jpg

• Like 14

On 10/12/2018 at 6:19 AM, TaleSpinner said:

• What does your work station/studio look like? Take a picture this weekend and show us.
  • If it is messy, for extra credit, clean it up after taking the picture and take/post an after picture. :)

Guess I should show pics or something of my setup......  And a brief cameo of hubby's setup too, although we have to work on how it's set up, and tidy up the stuff from after we transitioned him from a desk back to his Obutto R3volution.

IMG_20181013_111949.thumb.jpg.efc0ae3f7d7de608283433881ab98604.jpg

^Before.

IMG_20181013_113540.thumb.jpg.bba6be2b0bf00df2758b11f54f648520.jpg

^After "tidying up".  No, it isn't just cropped in, I did tidy up a few things, but yeah.  I'm not putting away various projects just to take a picture :devil:  However, I did put away a few tools, and semi-organized my brushes, I guess that counts!

• Like 12

On 10/12/2018 at 8:19 AM, TaleSpinner said:

In the spirit of this weekend's quest, I decided to take a fresh photo of my hobby area as it stands right now (by which I mean yesterday morning):

WorkStation2018.png

After that, I actually got some painting time in for the first time in a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd add in one more picture.

CatReference.png

I think this is actually the first time I have ever tried painting with a live model. ::D:

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

On 10/2/2018 at 12:00 PM, Guindyloo said:

It's nearly 11am CST so I'm going to go ahead and ask today's question on @TaleSpinner's behalf:

Oct 2: If you didn't ever have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?

Read, TV, paint, bake, play with the dogs.

On 10/4/2018 at 3:08 AM, TGP said:

Belated Question For Oct 3rd: What did you do while the Forum was Away?

Worked? Uh... I've been busy.

On 10/4/2018 at 8:17 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 4: Almost all children draw for fun...but most kids give it up at some point; did you? If so when?

If not post a picture of a recent work for us to enjoy. (TGP)

I doodle in the margins of my meeting notes, and still draw dungeon maps regularly. 

On 10/5/2018 at 9:01 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 5, 6, 7: Weekend Quest

What is the oldest, rarest, and/or most valuable mini you own?

Have you painted it?
Find said mini (painted or not), take a picture, and post it here for us to admire.

Ma'al is probably the most valuable single mini. Oldest are probably the HeroQuest minis. 

• Like 7

On 10/8/2018 at 8:28 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 8: How far do you travel to get to work and how long does it take?

On 10/9/2018 at 7:57 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 9. What is your favorite "junk food" movie?  (I.e. a movie you rather enjoy but isn't necessarily a "good" movie.) (Xiwo Xerase)

The Dungeons and Dragons movie, 

On 10/10/2018 at 8:09 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 10: I'm having a problem with or need information on ___________________. Fill in the blank with a subject/topic for which you would be the person I should come to for help.

Star Trek, accounting, corgis, and hamsters

On 10/11/2018 at 8:36 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 11: How much time each week do you devote to miniatures?

Not enough. 2-6 hours probably on average.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:19 AM, TaleSpinner said:

It's a coffee tray, and I keep it fairly clean, mostly because I have to. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

@Crowley---you forgot to answer the Oct 8th question (how long/far to work).

Well... darn. You're correct.

It's only 7-8 miles, and it takes me about 50 minutes. Half walking, half on subway. 

• Like 6

My wife is quite happy with @TaleSpinner  right now, thanks to his quest/challenge for us. 

This is my painting area before (on Friday night):

IMG_2501.thumb.JPG.e242f6c4797c75eb7909cb48d5dba01d.JPG

And after (as of now, after spending all day cleaning/organizing instead of painting:

IMG_2502.thumb.JPG.1a3928801c99d6a37a3e046088a0ddf3.JPG

• Like 12
  • Haha 1