TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 17:  What parts of these forums do you check/read/contribute to daily?

All about the randomness. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I check the show off and randomness areas daily. If I have time I read a bunch of others starting with painting advice, sculpting and terrain/conversions. For contributions mostly just random stuff and ever once in awhile I have actual useful advice that someone else hasn't posted before me.

• Like 8

I load the 'new content' page and scan all topics, reading what looks interesting. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I load the 'new content' page and scan all topics, reading what looks interesting. 

I do the same, many times a day. Right now I occasionally contribute but I am trying to do more.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

All of Off-topic and reply to anything that hits my funnybone. (But I've given up on the Randomness thread, it moves so fast that by the time I've thought of something relevant to say three pages have scrolled past.)

Check the Kickstarter thread and follow up on anything I hadn't heard of.

Look at all new additions to "Show off", but only comment/feedback things that genuinely impress me.

• Like 4

Daily? No parts. I usually try to glance at this thread but I even do that in spurts. I generally just pop in here and there, leaving devastation in my wake. ::P:

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

Pretty much anything that catches my eye. I'd love to say I post in the WIP section daily but that would be...

Lying_Cat_Saga_001.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I live off the "unread content" button.

Soon, my theater season will won't down and I'll start up my lunch session WIPs, and that will be a near-daily update.

Otherwise, I pay a lot of attention to the Show Off threads and WiPs, but I don't post a lot. I only view the forums on my phone, so posting takes a while, and I tend toward the verbose (especially in show off or WiP threads), so I often just forgo posting because it will take forever.

And I spend far too much (time, money, whatever) perusing the Kickstarter forum.

Obviously, I check this every day, though I don't always respond.

• Like 8

Like many I look at unread content and look at what is interesting.  Also look at Birthdays and who is still active on that list.  If there is not a Happy Birthday topic I will start one usually.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I check this thread most days and will scan the KS section, though I don't always read anything.  Most everything else is less than daily, though I try to check Fantasy a couple times a week and do a weekly recap of show-off if I haven't already ventured there to post something.

Since I'm almost never on here at work, that puts forum reading time in direct competition with everything else I do at home.  Time spent on the forum it time spent not painting minis!

• Like 4

Doug pretty much answered for me:

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

"Unread Content" I don't read everything, but I look often during the day.

I also tend to look for posts by certain people, particularly in the Sculpting area. Always interested in posts by @TaleSpinner and @Rainbow Sculptor

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Show Off, Works In Progress, Conversions, Presentation, & Terrain,  Getting To Know You, AND recently Acquisitions & Enablement are my normal haunts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Clean!!! It's cleeean!!! Thanks for the accountability, @TaleSpinner<_<::P: I needed that.

I did find my lights and my friend board, but I have no idea where to put them - I've never been in front of a window before haha.

My sculpting section is on the left and painting on the right. When my husband paints with me, I stay on my sculpting side since I'm a lefty.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/265667016927477770/502186365937516554/IMG_20181017_132826270.jpg

(I actually have a big, scary stack of papers to go through still, but that can wait another day. Shhhhhhh.)

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

When I worked IT, I always had a tab open for the Randomness section. Funny how much time I had for that....

I don't visit nearly as often, but I love the Sculpting, Randomness, and WIP sections! Lots of chatting with friends and learning fun things!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

This is a *great question...

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I am too sporadically active to qualify for daily. (Particularly in the contribute category.)

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I do this ^ also.

2 hours ago, Sanael said:

I live off the "unread content" button.

And ^ this. 

Also, there is the checking of notifications. That serves as an Ad Hoc “look for updates to threads I have commented in” button/function. 

I kinda wish there was a function next to Unread Content** which would deliver Newest Content** (newest first => oldest last) without regard to whether I have read the thread. Sometimes I want to re-read. 

I make a determined effort to look in on and keep up with (even if I do not comment) all threads by Malefactus. 

(*The responses to this question should be gathered and made available to the forum Admins.)

(**Both are ordered Newest to Oldest in a push down stack...)

• Like 7