TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

8 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Clean!!! It's cleeean!!! Thanks for the accountability, @TaleSpinner<_<::P: I needed that.

I did find my lights and my friend board, but I have no idea where to put them - I've never been in front of a window before haha.

My sculpting section is on the left and painting on the right. When my husband paints with me, I stay on my sculpting side since I'm a lefty.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/265667016927477770/502186365937516554/IMG_20181017_132826270.jpg

It appears that your cat has decided to take up sculpting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

It appears that your cat has decided to take up sculpting.

Difficult to tell with cats...that could be a, “where did all my hiding places go?” expression ...or, “all this work, but no food for me..?”

So difficult to tell with cats. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I kinda wish there was a function next to Unread Content** which would deliver Newest Content** (newest first => oldest last) without regard to whether I have read the thread. Sometimes I want to re-read. 

After you choose Unread Content, if you choose Read Status of "Everything" instead of "Content I haven't read," that will do what you want, if I understand correctly.  

• Like 2

I tend to frequent these sections most: Kickstarter, WIP, Show Off, Painting Tips and Advice, and Off Topic. 

I probably post most often in Kickstarter due to being addicted.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 17:  What parts of these forums do you check/read/contribute to daily?

Mostly randomness, I at least check this daily. Now whether or not I answer depends on memory, focus, and if it applies to me.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, kristof65 said:

@TaleSpinner - your last question for October should be "Show us your workspace again" just so we can see how many managed to keep it clutter free. :devil:

My answer will almost certainly be the exact picture I posted first :down:

• Like 5

23 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 17:  What parts of these forums do you check/read/contribute to daily?

I used to read the randomness thread fairly regularly, but the pace of my work day is such that I really can't anymore. I try to check into the sculpting and show-off sections once in a while, but really? The only thread I read (almost) daily is this one.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 18:  The world is too negative lately; post something positive to make us smile today.

The article I want to link to is probably beekeepers material, so I won't share it, even though I think it's a very positive step forward. 

For my positive bit, Friday's MegaMillions jackpot is close to $900 million dollars. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 18:  The world is too negative lately; post something positive to make us smile today.

If you pick the current cash value option for this:

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

...For my positive bit, Friday's MegaMillions jackpot is close to $900 million dollars. 

...it is a mere (more reasonable? !!) 512 million. That looks like this:

$512,000,000

Uhhh, and the really good news is the top tax rate dropped from 39.6% to 37% as of this year. That saves (a measly!?!  :lol: ) $13 million bucks. 

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, TGP said:

If you pick the current cash value option for this:

...it is a mere (more reasonable? !!) 512 million. That looks like this:

$512,000,000

Uhhh, and the really good news is the top tax rate dropped from 39.6% to 37% as of this year. That saves (a measly!?!  :lol: ) $13 million bucks. 

Almost up to a break even bet even if you split the jackpot with someone.

I might have to take a flutter (to use a word from a dialect not my own.)

• Like 2

Here are two of the three ferals I adopted this summer, having breakfast.  Momma is the silver tortie on the left, Sugar Boots is one of her kittens. 

IMG_20181018_093619689.thumb.jpg.09056ae787507d2b22978d64cf549098.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2