TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

On 10/18/2018 at 2:27 PM, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 18:  The world is too negative lately; post something positive to make us smile today.

IMG-20180917-WA0064.thumb.jpg.a401e035e4c98e12ba409fc32c912cc8.jpg

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 19-21: Weekend Quest (brought to you by TGP)

Which fictional Earth would you most want to live on?

The rules:

1. Whatever day and year it is in the real world. That's the date in the fictional world.
  2. It has to be Earth-like. You cannot go to Westeros. 
  3. You are the same person. You have the same job. You have the same post count on the forums. You have the option to move to a very similar place to where you live. You can move from a big American city to a fictional city based on an supposedly archetypal American city.
  4. You don't get super powers. If you are in the Harry Potter universe you are a Muggle. If you are in the Marvel universe you don't get to be a mutant or Inhuman.

So basically all is the same except the Earth itself?

Let me live on an Earth where there is no Mass-Extinction, no Climate Change, No Extremism ( left, right, religous), no hunger, no poverty and no war.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Follow up organization challenge from last weekend:

Before:

20181015_111916.thumb.jpg.1aa1b977b74fc06378ee7ad01aa25832.jpg

After (installed sub top and moved drawers back for leg room):

20181018_153420.thumb.jpg.35333f66d2619342f9f0c980de35cbb1.jpg

Current:

20181018_160017.thumb.jpg.6a091f06b87e5b4bafb75d1bd12da501.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, CashWiley said:

A world where TGP doesn't put big, bossy restrictions on stuff like that!

:D

In my defense @TaleSpinner had every chance to tweak the qualifiers. 

4 hours ago, VitM said:

... Earth of Warhammer 40K because...

No sane Being would want to live on any world known to the Imperium... <_<

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The rules:

1. Whatever day and year it is in the real world. That's the date in the fictional world.
  3. You are the same person. You have the same job. You have the same post count on the forums. You have the option to move to a very similar place to where you live. You can move from a big American city to a fictional city based on an supposedly archetypal American city.
  4. You don't get super powers. If you are in the Harry Potter universe you are a Muggle. If you are in the Marvel universe you don't get to be a mutant or Inhuman.

I think I've got this cracked.

I would live in the 2018 that they envisioned during the 60's and 70's, where we would all have flying cars, robot butlers and take vacations on the moon. 

Edited by aku-chan
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

A world where people believe in basic science.

Do you include Economics as a "basic science"? Because I'd like a world where people actually understood that thoroughly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The rules:

Probably the Marvel Universe... but then the question becomes *which* Marvel Universe...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

I think I've got this cracked.

I would live in the 2018 that they envisioned during the 60's and 70's, where we would all have flying cars, robot butlers and take vacations on the moon. 

Exactly! Correct answer. You have won the Internet! The 21st Century that George Jetson lived in.

Sign me up to be just another cog at Cogswell Cogs...I can be the guy that sends somebody named Jetson 1 or 2 drawings a week for approval. 1 or 2 is plenty, wouldn’t want to overwork him, I heard he’s got a dog named Astro....

Edited by TGP
...even in the good 21st Century there are typos...
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, starwarsgeek said:

Probably the Marvel Universe... but then the question becomes *which* Marvel Universe...

Oh HECK NO. Do not want. No no no. Have you seen Powerless? It was a short lived but very good TV show about normal people existing in a world with super heroes... and villains. 

C'mon, do you really want to live in a place where aliens can come to the world, poke a stick in the ground, and have everything die? Do you want The Hulk climbing up the building where you work? Or do you want Magneto deciding that your favorite car is an awesome weapon to throw around? Can't even get a break in the normal folks area; some elfhat suave Brit wearing purple will mind control you for shizngiggles. 

Nope nope. I think that the Marvel Universe would be absolutely awful to live in. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The rules:

One that's exactly like this one, but where they sell a cured meat called Reaperoni. Or a pasta called Reaperoni. I'd be fine with either. Or both.

• Haha 7

Most of the potential options are really not so great, so I'm gonna go with the version of earth as seen through the lens of the works of Charles de Lint, Christopher Moore, and of course Neil Gaiman. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The rules:

I think I'd  find a fictional earth that has no Nation-State Secrets to be rather enlightening.  Or perhaps one that never enacted Cannabis Prohibition.  'course I'd settle for one wherein all Natural Born Rights were able to be upheld...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The rules:

Same post count on the forum?  Man that's harsh. :p

Fine then, since no superpowers, no this or that and it's the same timeframe...  I'm going to go with a mashup of Mad Max, Fast and the Furious, and I dunno, Transporter I guess.  With a dash or two of Carmageddon - the good old ones, not the new one. 

Because then when someone else is an idiot on the road, using my vehicle to remind them of rules of the road is legal, and I'll have reinforced bumpers to do precisely that! 

I am a delivery driver after all! 

Edit: I'm Canadian, and staying in Canada, although maybe I'd move to Calgary, Vancouver, or Toronto because those cities don't suck.  And my imaginary world has a bunch more roller coasters in it, that are fun. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

IMG-20180917-WA0064.thumb.jpg.a401e035e4c98e12ba409fc32c912cc8.jpg

Hows about a fictional Earth where dogs live twice as long and they can talk* a little? But they still like people.  

(*Like Astro, only not always so goofy.)

• Like 8