TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

14 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 1: What is your favorite soup? (or top 3 if you are a soupiphile like me and cannot choose)

(based on a question by Inarah)

I love soup. I make it at work almost every day. Sometimes more than one. At home, my very favorite is Tortilla Soup. I can make a whole big pot and it just disappears. Today I made Cream of Brussels sprouts with bacon. It turned out not too bad, but not one of my best. Tomorrow I have a seafood stew planned. That should turn out pretty darn tasty. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 1: What is your favorite soup? (or top 3 if you are a soupiphile like me and cannot choose)

That I make French Onion 

That I always get a specific restaurant butternut squash 

Canned Campbells Chunky Potato and Bacon 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Favourite canned soups, in no particular order:

-Cream of Mushrom

-Clam Chowder

-Vegetable Beef. It MUST have barley. Anything less is a complete sham

Favourite made-from-scratch soup: borscht. There's nothing like having every ingredient coming straight from the garden.

On the topic of veggie soup with barley... 

So Campbell's vegetarian vegetable soup with alphabet noodles is different US to Canada very distinctly. Not the subtle stuff like some of the varieties. The US version doesn't have barley. The Canada version does! Noodles AND barley!! I like it, but was not expecting it. 

• Like 7

Lentil soup...I have three main ones that I make, but the tomato-based one is probably my favorite. 

• Like 6

OH but we do have quite a group of Soup People here on The Forum...Andy Warhol would be pleased.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, malefactus said:

OH but we do have quite a group of Soup People here on The Forum...Andy Warhol would be pleased.

You should build a Soup Kitchen building for The Blight, run by Campbell the Troll. (cf: 5 word story thread) :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

My favorite soups are potato soup and tomato soup with noodles and hard boiled egg. 

I can no longer eat canned soup, since I found out I have both lactose,  fructose intolerance (no onions or garlic) ::(:, plus there is also a slew of other things causing havoc with my system. 

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, TGP said:

You should build a Soup Kitchen building for The Blight, run by Campbell the Troll. (cf: 5 word story thread) :rolleyes:

THAT is a SPLENDID idea...thanks, TGP. I guess, all things considered, Mushroom soup will not appear on the menu...all the screaming & such.

• Haha 6

On 10/1/2018 at 7:39 AM, TaleSpinner said:

If I'd don't have anything prepared for lunch I usually grab a can of New England clam chowder.

I made a jambalaya this weekend that was basically soup before it entered the fridge.

I have a potato and ham chowder recipe that's pretty good.

• Like 3

I have been told that making really good soup is my super power. Fish stew came out good. Could use more fish, but you make it work when all you have is leftovers.

• Like 6

It's nearly 11am CST so I'm going to go ahead and ask today's question on @TaleSpinner's behalf:

Oct 2: If you didn't ever have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?

Edited by Guindyloo
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

It's nearly 11am CST so I'm going to go ahead and ask today's question on @TaleSpinner's behalf:

Oh man, what WOULDN'T I do??? Frisbee golf, run, hang out with the wife and dog, paint (of course!), write/play D&D adventures. I'm sure I could think of 100 different things that I don't have time for right now. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

I'd like to think I'd spend the time being productive or even just reading books.  I'd probably end up squandering the time instead playing computer games or browsing the internet.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

Create!
That could involve anything like painting minis or designing RPG campaigns or making models or acrylic paintings or woodworking. 

• Like 4