TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, October 2018

I quit half way through WotLK. I told my guild I'll be back when I'm 70. Still the best game I've played, but I needed to get out. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 22: What is the most difficult encounter you have ever faced in a game?

I'll say stuff from WoW as well.

Either C'Thun in AQ40 or Archimonde in Hyjal.  Our raiding alliance spent a lot of time on these and didn't manage to beat either before the next expansion hit.

I was playing a priest in Classic because that's what we needed more of.  I was the only Discipline priest, probably for good reason.  (But at least one of warlocks really loved me.)

In TBC up to Cataclysm, I played my mage instead.  The knife's edge of DPS was always more fun than Whack-a-mole.  After Cataclysm, work ate up all of my time and I stopped playing.

There are times I miss playing the game.  But, really, I don't miss the game nearly as much as I miss the people I played with.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 22: What is the most difficult encounter you have ever faced in a game?

Don't have time to go into detail right now, but it involved an unexpected arrival by Eclavdra (Chosen of Lolth), a woefully under-leveled party not running when we should have, and a surprise death.

• Like 3

No... no.... it was a normal door. 

All I'm gonna say is that it's where the phrase "lift the door" had its birth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

No... no.... it was a normal door. 

All I'm gonna say is that it's where the phrase "lift the door" had its birth. 

I did encounter a nightstand and a desk that have gone down in infamy as well. Oh and an ink pen :blink:

• Like 5

Most difficult was a Call of Cthulhu we just went thru.  Because we were in sight of the Aliens they turned us to goo.  Immediately if we blew our save or after 24hrs if we made our save.  A true Kobiashi  Maru scenario. We stopped our game at that point.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oct 23: What kind of electronics do you use daily?

Ignoring obvious ones like what I'm typing this on (mobile phone) or something I use on a regular basis for a lot of stuff (my computer), I'm going to go with... 

The humble stove.  Because without my electric stove man it would be difficult have a warm meal while living in an apartment building. 

And even though I don't have one atm, I'm going to say "the various things that help you automate the boring stuff in a fish tank's maintenance and cycle, like light timers".  This is doubly effective for salt water tanks, because electric controllers for circulation pumps are quite handy for keeping a tank clean. 

A second alternative would be any form of single cup brewing device (Keurig, Nespresso, Lavazza, etc), since it's so much easier to make the coffee in the morning without having to do the ritual - although I won't lie, coffee from a Chemex, Clever Coffee Dripper , or other such things taste amazing, even first thing in the morning. 

I also heavily rely on another powerful electronic device that sees use regularly - the humble electric kettle. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
Clearly I haven't had my morning coffee and mixed two sentences together without finishing one or starting the other!
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

• Mobile Phone
  • PC
  • Laptop
  • My car ( full of electronics so it counts I guess)
  • The electric stove
  • TV
  • Coffee machine ( Senseo)
  • Water Cooker
  • Fridge
  • Death Ray..oh sorry, you said daily...ok, not that one then.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I am going to list my phone, because part of this is I was curious at what phones and such people out there are using.

I have a iPhone 6s, and iPad Air, and a Nexus I7 Laptop.

As for other indispensable electronics, I'm really pretty manual.  I use the iPad for holding and researching all of my sculpting references.  The iPhone has become my primary business communication vehicle as well as taking most of my mini pictures, though I still break out the canon camera if I want more control over color and the like.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Pixel 2 XL, work PC, and Surface Pro for main gizmos.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Camera, just about the most useful engineering tool there is. When my bosses ask silly questions I can SHOW them the problem I'm talking about.

Just bought a heat sensor adaptor and ap for my current camera. Great fun tracing my own footsteps!

• Like 5