haldir

Pathfinder: Seers of the Drowned City

1 hour ago, BlazingTornado said:

Yeah but where can I go to know the cost of, say, a cloak or ring of swimming or +9 poisoned battleaxe that crits on an 18-19?

Or of you go to the online rules section of the Paizo site, there is a magic item section.  Part of each item description is the cost of the item.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Or of you go to the online rules section of the Paizo site, there is a magic item section.  Part of each item description is the cost of the item.

If your referencing the prd, I wanna say they made a deal with some website to handle that part & when you go to the rules on paizo . com they'll take you to the new site. It's gotten mixed reviews so far. Mostly positive thou.

I tend to use this site more: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Mainly due to usually comes first when looking of a item or rules & such. I did like the actual Paizo one more as the site was a bit cleaner.

54 minutes ago, haldir said:

If your referencing the prd, I wanna say they made a deal with some website to handle that part & when you go to the rules on paizo . com they'll take you to the new site. It's gotten mixed reviews so far. Mostly positive thou.

I tend to use this site more: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Mainly due to usually comes first when looking of a item or rules & such. I did like the actual Paizo one more as the site was a bit cleaner.

I was wondering about that.  I haven't made a PF character in quite some time and was surprised by the change.  Things seem to take a little longer to load but seem usable.  I do use the d20pfsrd as well. 

I don’t care for it.

you can find the old one searching for “pathfinder srd legacy” or some such.

• Like 1

Can't decide if I want to make this fighter a human or a snakeman.

Nagaji's more appealing in some ways but it gives me a penalty to INT so, fewer feats.

I was gonna post up the magic item list from Ire of the Storm here today, but slept most of the day after work. OT every night this week, gotta love the manager that doesn't order correctly........

Anyways, I'll try to get it up this weekend. I'll be busy offline getting things prepped up for my Death House adventure on Monday. I found a few new things to use on dmsguild  (mostly props & nicer narrative to describe room details) over the past month & I need to get off my butt & implement them into the game.

We still need a 4th to make this official but so far so good.

• Like 1

It might come down to that. Kinda strange not to have at least 4 people interested in a pbp. No worries, I'll hold off a bit longer. As far as pre-treasure, I will try & get that posted up in a next few days. Today is a busy day in prepping final stuff for my AL/Death House game tonight.

If you're still recruiting, and don't mind a 5e clueless, I'd be up for it.

EDIT: Also, if you are still recruiting, do lmk if there's any preferred races/classes on your end.

EDIT 2: Err, yeah. I'm a bit distracted today. Pathfinder, not 5e, so I haven't played in forever, rather than plain never.

Edited by Arkady

Oh yah! You are our 4th player. 

Still working on magic items & other treasures. With no game tomorrow night due to work schedule change, I'll work on it & get it up tomorrow

For characters just refer to the 1st post here. As far as race, post first & I'll say yes or no. 

Given the party looks a little short on arcane spellcasting so far, I was thinking and...

My favorite idea so far is a Kitsune False Priest Aquatic Bloodline Sorcerer normally posing as a human priest of a seafarers' deity. Surely bestowing the speed of the waves on a true-hearted warrior is a perfectly good explanation for Haste, right?

Maybe a bit out there, still pondering more normal alternatives.

So, after more pondering... I still love the Kitsune idea. Basically, a curious fox who wants to see a diverse bit of the human world, posing as a travelling priest of a minor sea(farers') deity to score free passage on ships taking her to new lands. The problem is, Paizo doesn't seem to have a deity that a) fits and b) is at least niceish.  A freebooter/aquatic Robin Hood take on Besmara is the best I can come up with.

My favorite alternate idea so far is a half-elf aquatic bloodline eldritch scion magus, basically my take on how a half-aquatic elf might be a bit more aquatic.

Also, https://rolz.org is kinda useful when all your dice are stashed away

repeat 6 4D6H3 => 15 ; 17 ; 15 ; 12 ; 14 ; 18

That'll work for just about anything, except maybe a human commoner.

Can you describe what you envision for that "rough outlander from uncivilized tribes"? Maybe someone will have a good idea for an archetype. Also, how set are you on an actual fighter? It's quite possible a concept would be easier to pull off using a different warrior class like barbarian or ranger.

As a completely random suggestion, a Wild Child Brawler who gets along just dandy with their sparring partner pet (say, an ape or bear), but nobody else, could be a fun low-CHA character.

Eh, I'm a guy who likes his basics. I don't really want to dwell too far down the splatbook hole, I can be happy playing the traditional races and classes.

I'm not really sure what benefits a Barbarian can bring to this adventure over a fighter.