haldir

Pathfinder: Seers of the Drowned City

I think I've decided on what adventure to run:

Seers of the Drowned City

This is a 6th level adventure.

Stats, roll 4d6 drop the lowest die

No evil alignments, CN allowed

HPs, Max 1st level & then either avg or roll, ignoring 1s.

Gear: As I said before work with me on what you want for your level. Normal equipment, you can have, even plate if you want but remember the title of the adventure. Magical items: Hmmm it's been awhile but since this adventure is kinda of a sequel to Ire of the Storm, I'm gonna draw the treasures out of that one & post & let the party pick what they want out of that.

Class: Everything, including Unchained versions

Races: Hmmm work with me but I'm flexible

Traits: Allowed, up to 2.

Any questions: Post here & I'll do my best to answer.

If you have any interest, feel free to post. First 4 are definitely in & possible 5th or 6th.

With me having a home 5e game now, I'm letting my Pathfinder knowledge slip a bit so I wanna at least keep 1st ed alive for me till 2nd comes out.

Looking at these:

Down the Blighted Path (5th)

Ire of the Storm (1st)

Seers of Drowned City (6th)

As far as what you've obtained throughout your levels, we can come up with something.

24 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I'd play if you have space.

Your in. 

I think I've decided on what adventure to run:

Seers of the Drowned City

This is a 6th level adventure.

First post updated.

Any hints as to the type of adventure?  Don't want to make a mounted combatant and end up in a dungeon.  Also, any ideas as to what is needed as far as party roles go?

7 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Any hints as to the type of adventure?  Don't want to make a mounted combatant and end up in a dungeon.  Also, any ideas as to what is needed as far as party roles go?

Aquatic, dungeons, outdoor. A mounted person probably would not be for the best.

Shorak Slimblade

Male Dwarf Fighter1/Unchained Rogue 5

I'll post all character sheet stats based on normal equipment, but the final stats kind of depend on the final equipment.

My "Wish List" Assuming 16,000gp of wealth for a character of level 6.

+1 Mithral Breastplate - 5,200gp

2 x +1 Short Swords - 2,310gp each

Cloak of Resistance +1 - 1,000gp

Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2 - 4,000gp

Amulet of Natural Armor +1 - 2,000gp  and/or Ring of Protection +1 - 2,000gp

This is 18,820gp of gear for you to ponder and choose for my character.

(in addition to mundane things like short bow, arrows, masterwork thieves tools, backpacks, bedrolls, etc that will go on the character sheet)

As you have guessed, he'll be a melee oriented rogue.

Shorak started his life in High Helm, that great Dwarvish city in the Five Kings Mountains.  He was trained in all the usual cultural norms like any good dwarf.  His fate would take a different path, however.  While working the Lava Forge for which his clan got it's name, he and a partner were carrying a large crucible of molten iron.  Because Shorak was the runt of his litter, he just didn't have the strength to carry his end of the crucible.  He tried to maintain its grip, but he failed, splattering the molten iron onto the foundry floor.  He nimbly dodged out of the way, but by doing so another clansman was splashed with molten iron.  That clansman's name was Tivek Lavaforge, one of Shorak's cousins.  Tivek's wounds were able to be healed, and he wore the forge wounds as a badge of honour like any good dwarf should.  

As punishment, Shorak was to be branded with molten iron across his chest, to gain the forge wound he should have had.  It was to be a ritualistic ceremony of atonement.  Instead, in fear and shame, Shorak fled the ceremony.  He jumped out the clan-hold quench trench, a large underground stream that fed a waterfall erupting from the side of the mountain into a lake 100 feet below.  The fall should have killed him.  The swim should have killed him.  Shorak managed to survive.  Most dwarves can't swim, but Shorak managed to make his way to shore.  Most of the dwarves assumed Shorak died from the fall.  Tivek, however, did not.  Once fully healed and prepared, he obtained permission to leave the clan-hold and seek out Shorak to make him pay for the dishonor to him and the clan name.

Shorak had to take a new surname to put off would-be pursuers, so he chose Slimblade, after the fashion of shortswords he preferred.  He never could master the more heavy weapons favored by his dwarven kin.  He spent the next several decades looking over his shoulder for a would-be dwarf crusader bent on bringing him to justice.  In that time, he took on work in the place he knew most dwarves would never look for him: On boats.  At first, he swabbed decks on a river barge, all the while learning to swim better and better.  He also enjoyed games of chance with the crew, and developed quite a knack for bluffing them, picking their pockets, and fast-talking his way out of trouble when they caught him cheating them.  When that barge's captain turned to piracy, he left.  He then took on work as a Marine aboard a government backed Andoran Privateer Ship, The Albino Mermaid.  The crew were happy to hear stories told to dwarf children to pass the time.  They taught Shorak a lot about the darker side of privateering.  As a result, he had good sea legs, became a passable swimmer, and learned how to tumble about a tossing ship deck and land a killing blow between someone's ribs while on unstable footing.  Ultimately, he had to leave the Mermaid due to a disagreement with her captain relating to the treatment of their prisoners.  He has since tried to settle down in Andoran as a guide/sailor/lockpicker, whatever will pay the bills.  But he still feels the pull of adventure and the untold riches buried away in lost tombs and hidden dungeons...

• Like 1

Shorak Slimblade, M Dwarf Fighter 1/Unchained Rogue 5

Neutral Good, loosely follows Cayden Cailean

65 years old, 4'6", 165 lbs, black hair, blue eyes

Spoiler

Assuming Chain Shirt as Armor, and mundane weapons, his stats are as follows

Rolls:

6,6,4,3 = 16

4,3,3,3, = 10

5,5,5,2 = 15

6,6,4,2 = 16

5,5,2,2 = 12

6,6,5,3 = 17

HP: d10 fighter 1st level = 10

Then rolled d8's: 8,6,7,6,5

Favored Class: Rogue, +1 HP/Lvl x 5 levels

Traits: Outlander (Exile) +2 Initiative, Fast Talker +1 Bluff

Str 10, Dex 18 (Took +1 at level 4), Con 18 (16+2 racial), Int 15, Wis 14 (12+2 Racial), Cha 14 (-2 racial)

HP 71

Speed 20

Initiative +6

AC 18: Touch 14, Flat Footed 14 from Chain Shirt

Fort +7, Reflex +8, Will +3

BAB +4, CMB +4, CMD 18

Short Sword +9, 1d6+4

Short Bow +8, 1d6

Light Mace +8, 1d6

Skills: Acrobatics +10 (5 ranks, includes ACP), Appraise +10/+12 Dwarf Greed (5 ranks), Bluff +11 (5 ranks), Climb +2 (1 rank, includes ACP), Craft +2, Diplomacy +6 (1 rank), Disable Device +11/+13 vs traps (6 ranks, includes ACP), Disguise +6 (1 rank), Escape Artist +6 (1 rank, includes ACP), Fly +4, Heal +2, Intimidate +2, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +8 (3 ranks), Knowledge (Local) +8 (3 ranks), Perception +10/+12 vs traps (5 ranks), Profession (sailor) +6 (1 rank), Ride +2 (Includes ACP), Sense Motive +6 (1 rank), Sleight of Hand +6 (1 rank, includes ACP), Stealth +10 (5 ranks, includes ACP), Survival +2, Swim +6 (5 ranks, includes ACP), Use Magic Device +10 (5 ranks).

Feats: 1 Two Weapon Fighting, 1 (Fighter Bonus) Double Strike, 2 (Rogue Finesse Bonus) Weapon Finesse, 2 - Talent - Weapon Training Weapon Focus(Short Sword), 3 Combat Expertise -2 to hit, +2 Dodge AC, 5-Improved Feint

Special Abilities: Finesse Training (Weapon Finesse), Finesse Training (Short Swords use Dex for Damage), Sneak Attack +3d6, Trapfinding +2, Evasion, Rogue Talents 2nd Weapon Training, 4th Trap Spotter, Danger Sense +1 Reflex vs trap, +1 AC vs Trap, +1 Perception to avoid surprise,  Debilitating Injury, Uncanny Dodge, Rogue's Edge: Swim - 5 ranks gain swim speed of 10 ft if DC of water is 15 or less.

Gear:  Chain Shirt, 2 short swords, Light Mace, Short Bow, 20 arrows, Masterwork thieves' Tools, Belt Pouch x 2, Sack x 2, Bedroll, Winter Blanket

Can I join in? Wouldn't mind playing some mean fighter type.

I still don't know much about the Pathfinder rules, especially regarding the adventure type, so if there's particularities I need to know about...

Already rolled stats (18, 17, 16, 16, 15, 6).

• Like 1