Bruunwald

Girl Finds Sword in Lake

Saw this story on the BBC FB page this morning.   The comment threads were full of Monty Python and King Arthur references. Quite amusing. 

• Like 7

My first thought when reading this was, "The damn watery tart lost it?" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/girl-7-finds-4ft-sword-11106508

Same thing happened almost exactly a year ago, and the two girls are the same age.

Are they the chosen ones, meant to duel each other for the right to conquer the world and/or team up to save us all?

Oh no, that girl is the pretender, as her sword was only about 30 years old.  

I am on team Saga, because her sword was a thousand years old.  

Spoiler

And so begins the War of the Swords of the Lakes, as all of humanity picks one girl or the other to stand behind. :devil:

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

I'm not so confident in that thirty years figure. After all, Excalibur was not forged by human hands. Do we know what metallurgical technologies the Lady of the Lake had access to?

I will wait to learn more before deciding which sword maiden to stand behind. All we really know now is that they're likely to stand on opposite sides of the Viking raids issue...

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

You can not stay neutral in this battle. The fate of the earth is at stake.  

Plus, that British lake is a pond that dried out once back in the 70s.  So the sword can't be any older than that, or it would have been found then. I'm certain of it. ::D:  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

You can not stay neutral in this battle. The fate of the earth is at stake.  

Plus, that British lake is a pond that dried out once back in the 70s.  So the sword can't be any older than that, or it would have been found then. I'm certain of it. ::D:  

Tell you what. I'll decide based on which girl gets the cooler epic metal ballad. That seem fair?

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Her name is Saga?  Cause in Swedish that means Fairy Tale or possibly Myth or Legend.  Weird coincidence.  And I do actually mean that, not casting doubt.

At any rate, she is obviously the one to follow.  All hail Queen Saga!

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 5

I'd kill to find one. Literally. I would straight up murder you to find one, preferably with my new rusty blade.

Because I want an authentic sword from any pre-modern era. Honestly, I'd even take an officer's sword from the early days of WWI. But I would love to have something from anywhere in the 700-1700 range.

• Like 3

It would be neat if they let her keep it... I didn't see anything saying she could. 

All hail Queen Saga!

• Like 5

It states , very clearly right here in the rules, that if a fae enchantress bequeaths you a sword, you're the new ruler.

Long live the queen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7