Sarducci

77064: Kavorgh, Orc Warboss

On 10/6/2018 at 2:02 PM, Sarducci said:

Continuing my paint up of all the bosses in the Forge of Fury, here is Kavorgh, painted up to be the Orc Wight Champion.  My first time playing with a light box to get better pictures too :)

20181006_133257-supsm.jpg

I am a sucker for dark palettes, especially when it comes to creating a more realistic, believable, and gritty feel to the models. This orc tickles the right way, and is one of the better ones I've seen on here. When I think orc, I think this. Stellar job my dude. Less can be more, and this shows that.

• Like 1

Amazing range of tones in a limited palette! Crisp work; Kavorgh looks like the stuff of legends to inspire dread and horror. Go to bed, children, or Kavorgh will GET you! 

The hand trophies and the rust-kissed armor plates are excellent.

Wow thanks for the kind words!

While it worked well here, I do think I tend to not make my highlights bright enough.  Things are looking good under bright light, but harder to make out at the table.  (solution:  simply fill our game room with blinding floodlights!)

I have been taking the advice of some painters I like (e.g. Kujo https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyMPU99KvmxIMkD8NZQu1tA) in terms of pallet, keeping things to three main colors (here the olive green, the leather, and the dark red) which really does make this guy at least feel very unified in look.

• Like 1