Morihalda

Mori Learns Skintones!

1 hour ago, Guindyloo said:

With the much improved picture, I feel much better about your glaze thinning, though I am still curious about why you were glazing skin with an orange. I'm not saying it's wrong or bad, it's just not something I've heard suggested before nor tried.

If you mean for it to be lining, then it needs to be much thinner than it is. You really want your lining to be as crisp as you can manage. If it's meant to be shading then look at it from a lighting perspective, what would make her skin that much darker there? Is her crotch actually a black hole that is sucking all of the light out from the vicinity? ::P: I'm also curious about your choice of Nightshade Purple both for lining skin and shading it. Purple mixed with a skintone on the tan/yellow side can produce a bruised or dried blood look.

That's fine, priming doesn't have to be perfect and you're never locked in to following it. I just wanted to point out the importance of remaining consistent with your highlighting.

I don't know why I glazed orange or purple. I just figured they were opposites so I grabbed them. :lol: :lol: The purple ended up turning brown with the orange glaze over it, which I thought was handy.

It wasn't meant as a lining, just that I put it where I thought the light wouldn't be visible. I was using my own leg and the desk lamp had strong lighting. I'm also not very pink, which is why I  started with the golden colors. I think y'all are very much right when saying that the other stuff around the mini strongly affects other parts. I never noticed before!

54 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

::D:

By convention, it's the hour hand only, you're always standing at the center of the clock, and 12 is straight ahead. So 10:30 would be between 10 and 11.  On the hour hand. Only.

:poke:

Okay yeah now I want to make a thread about this too. I want to know everyone's clock! :lol:

• Haha 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      After painting the Bonesylvanians Lon figure to look like my girlfriend's dog Erebus, I decided my dog Cadbury deserves the same treatment.

He's wearing purple trousers because Cadbury chocolate comes in purple wrappers. I don't know why I did the belt in orange though. And please ignore the crappy job on the base.

Here he is in real life:

• By Sarducci
      Continuing my paint up of all the bosses in the Forge of Fury, here is Kavorgh, painted up to be the Orc Wight Champion.  My first time playing with a light box to get better pictures too :)

• By Adrift
      Friends! Here are 23 additional figures I painted in September. The results are largely for tabletop, or slightly better than tabletop quality.

The Dreadmere Hunter was a free miniature at ReaperCon...I hated it but got it for my son, he loved it and his little 8-year-old heart decided that it was to be his DND ranger 
      I also painted the Barrel Mimic which Galladoria Games gave away as a new attendee this year. I painted a DGS miniature named Jhenkar (a small version of the Neverending Story dragon). I also painted two Red Box Games miniatures, Derek the Dim and Hvitarnor (first time doing a 5-o'clock shadow). Lots of experimenting with TMM and NMM. Just having fun, trying things and enjoying making progress...

• By jonaas33
      I have a Halloween themed adventure coming up, and I have been hyping how scary and gory it will be to the players. Unbeknownst to them, it will actually be a lighthearted romp featuring these Halloween themed cereal monsters!  Instead of horror and frights, the players will be solving goofy puzzles, trick-or-treating with monsters, and hopefully having a fun time!  

I enjoyed painting these figs, especially the Clay Golem (77170) for Frankenberry, which was mostly an experiment in layering paints.  The Vampire (77282) as Count Chocula was most challenging, as I was limited to a brown palette. Critiques and advice are always welcome! Thanks in advance!

• By GodOfCheese
      This bones mini came attached to a rectangular base, like a coffin-top. The base was larger than a standard grid, so I chopped it off and stuck the mini on this base instead.  I figured it would give her a fun windswept look, like she was glaring down at the battlefield from a height.  :-)

The TMM globbed in a strange way on this mini that wasn't obvious to the naked eye.  I'm wondering if some of this is glare...?

Next problem: the base made her too tall to fit into my miniature storage...

• Who's Online   45 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)