rawlkeer

my pics are too big

Greetings everyone! I have a couple pics of a mini I am working on, but the file size is a little over 5 MB. I hate to ask because you guys probably get asked this all the time, but how can I reduce my file size enough to post? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Most graphics programs, including MS Paint, will do it, too.

Are you using a Mac or Windows machine?  What graphics/picture editing software do you have available to you?

OK, downloaded Gimp. Boy that's a big program. But I can't figure out to use it to resize pictures

BTW, I have windows 7

I have Paint, I think. Will try that one.

OK, I figured out to change the size of the image, but it doesn't change the file size. I\Or at lest I don't think it does.

Aha, got it! Thanks everyone!

• Like 2

You can always use image hosting sites like imgur or photobucket have easy to use photo editing tools too, then just link it here.

• Like 2

You can make the file size smaller by cutting out the extra bits around the subject of it. Under Tools choose Rectangle Select and make the rectangle as close around the mini as you can, copy it to clipboard then paste it into GIMP. After that, Export it as a JPG or PNG somewhere on you computer. It should be small enough to upload anywhere.

GF

• Like 2