giyomuSan

Ongoing Wip Thread..

Little up, I redid the first one robe as it was overall more pale than the 3 others.
also base the slot, will need to redo a pass on those once i put the figure on those and base as well the minis too.

Now I am left with getting the weird spot on the robes, since the airbrushing was not perfect, so missed spot , not so good transition to try to soften xd, also couple highlight on some fold may be good
Once that done , i guess I can say I am finished with those.

w1.thumb.jpeg.44188e2b9c8e2eabf835b611fa04d166.jpeg

w2.thumb.jpeg.eb6d7be9976400187b68a58a2117d305.jpeg

• Like 12

wraiths are finished, so tomorrow will be pass of varnish , put them on the slot and final touch up on those slot.

So I work a bit on the barbarian guy and his cloak :)

D8614DC4-BF48-4A69-8A48-D3ECA525EB80.thumb.JPG.3d3666dd0329bbd39a49c51729c142de.JPG

• Like 10

Very nice work so far! Really nice transitions of the purple on the robes - they contrast nicely with the skin tones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Warlady Thanks , was not really sure of the outcome but not bad ( maybe the top blue grey may need a bit more tone to it )

Basically I just applied dark grey base first then a pale blue grey on top and a black leather bottom then a more lighter brown around the middle , since I added some glaze medium in the paint this blend a bit.

Finally once dry I added a wash on the whole thing, using army painter strong tone ( brownish wash ) then some drybrush things.

@Al Capwn Thanks,  actually I was aiming for a more yellow ochre color for skin but with the various undercoat applied this turn out more on greenish side , i will call it happy accident :D

Well I am done with those guys finally , it have been fun to paint them and give me opportunity to fire up the airbrush for more than zenhital priming or base coat :D.. but still need some serious practice !

Getting those guys sit properly on the slots was a bit of a challenge , those are super tight..and you better look at the box to see who they arrange them cause with those robe clothes you can't really do what you want regarding which minis goes side by side each other !

Well once put in they are really sit firmly in the slot, however you better not remove them and put back too often or the paint of the mini base will likely to cheap off.

20323615-8151-4570-B6FE-C744D86BAC39.thumb.JPG.dae137080849447e3875a584de8e3e59.JPG

0213A091-AF10-41AD-BFFC-418CC12D265F.thumb.JPG.a6b39dd2ecff33179a0500359a2dbae6.JPG

74298D0E-6989-4A1E-B834-0AE37AFFB964.thumb.JPG.49d442f3297dffd5f26499bbc32f59aa.JPG

Edited by giyomuSan
  • Like 12

keeping the brush hot , so I made some progress on barbarian and also started some work on a scale75 mini I have since longtime :D 

F38B5741-DA1E-4FD8-809C-340B69133969.thumb.JPG.1f62cc97676ed91b198c0f773759f484.JPG

• Like 10

Good job on the Wraiths!

Love the progress on the other two.

• Thanks 1

I am done with the barbarian dude :D at least for paint, since it's been a while I did not touch putty / clay , I decided to make a custom base for him.

So simple 40mm MDF base and then sculpted a little base , also added couple elements for decoration.

After this dry I can then finish it for good :D

9DA795A5-CF80-4C16-8D8A-96FD2F0CA28A.thumb.JPG.953db2dd871040eda54145c94654d349.JPG

• Like 9

Not much painting today..but I decided to build those little guys I have in my stock and actually that will be ( strange as it can sound .. ) my first Warhammer minis xD...
Try to take care mold line stuff this time as I could and assembled all those guys ( which somewhat take some time ! ).IMG_3667.thumb.JPG.834ad36a05dc21a0151ab5bfbb91ac52.JPG

IMG_3670.thumb.JPG.a57f4b2f9562ca97c3b24c0bbb6cdc84.JPG

• Like 7

Nice work on the barbarian as well - the wilderness base really sets it off nicely!

...and Orks are perfect for Orktober!

• Haha 1

started spraying one little guy, with skin color tone , not to concerne about other part here since i will base coat them over once done with skin...if all goes well haha.

I used a mix of dark olive green and red brown for the shade, then greenskin and goblin skin from scale75 fantasy range for respectively mid and ligh tone.

96A37591-0EBA-4B93-8CDC-8E342467F461.thumb.jpeg.4be5e702a93a6116c3ad57affd38ac72.jpeg

• Like 5