Sign in to follow this  
Rob Dean

Anthropomorphic Size Comparisons, Oathsworn vs Darksword vs Reaper

Not the best pictures, but Warlady asked me about the sizes of various anthropomorphic animals, because I've been working on Burrows and Badgers.

IMG_3063.thumb.jpg.557d61ff91084339408af301f04b2a0a.jpg

Here's a Reaper mousling with an Oathsworn mouse.  The Oathsworn is a little chunky, but the mousling is even more exaggerated.  I'm not sure that I'd mix them.  They are similar in height, though.

IMG_3062.thumb.jpg.a7319ea9137811b16cb67bace5803cf3.jpg

I have two Darksword Critter Kingdom figures.  This hedgehog bard is also exaggerated compared to the Oathsworn, but possibly in a reasonable range for size.  My other Darksword figure is a penguin rogue, so I know he won't fit in. ::D:  All of the Darksword figures are approximately the same size, so if you can live with the mix of styles, it looks like B&B "medium" sized beasts (e.g. hedgehogs, squirrels, weasels) would be the best bet for compatibility.

If anyone else has additional pictures, please post!

• Like 4

The Oathsworn figures tend to hew closely to the relative sizes of the actual animals compared to each other, so the weasels are quite a bit larger than, say, the squirrels...

• Like 1

I have some of the Splintered Light 'Woodland Warriors' and of course, Oathsworn B&B minis. I may take a snap or two to compare those.  (WW is supposed to be 28mm... )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      I was moving miniatures around in the basement yesterday in preparation for moving and ran across the box containing the Stonehaven giants Kickstarter figures.  When I ordered them originally, I figured that the first one up would be the sleeping/dead giant. I was/am expecting him to feature more as an objective marker than an active combatant.  Anyway, I washed him off and spray primed him last night, after which I was afflicted with the fear that the resin might not be compatible with the spray primer, but I appear to have lucked out.  This is just as well, as it looks like these giants are going to be exclusive to the Kickstarter production run, so replacing it could be a problem.

I have also primed the next six Oathsworn Burrows and Badgers figures that I wished to do, so I was feeling ambitious this morning.  In practice for the new house  where there won’t be a permanent painting space, I pulled out the travel paint kit and had at things, working back and forth between them as colors overlapped.

The raven mage got a purple hood in honor of the local American football team.  Since ravens appear to be pretty uniformly black, I was mostly drybrushing some highlights.  After spraying, I should have made them even contrastier, because they are pretty invisible without the flash.   Live and learn...

Anyway that puts me up to a dozen, so I should be able to run two war bands and get a game on the table relatively soon, even if just as a solo.

• By Rob Dean
      On to the next B&B figures, a heavily armored squirrel knight and a highwayfox...

• By Rob Dean
      Continuing with my goal to play some Burrows and Badgers, I was working with the travel paint set on a couple of mice, a knight and a scribe....

• By Rob Dean
      Two more members of my B&B war band...
    • By Rob Dean
      I have had a little time to do some painting this week.  While my main ongoing project has to do with filling out the orders of battle for my five-country fantasy campaign, my brother has been after me to get a Burrows and badgers war band ready by Christmas, when I next expect to see him again. As it happens, the Muse has been receptive to his entreaties, and the inspiration available to me this week was for Burrows and Badgers.  I find that disrespecting the Muse is usually a bad idea, so here we are.  These two are the otter ranger and the mole mercenary; I recently was working on some 40mm historical landsknechts, so he was in my comfort zone.

I know that Michael Lovejoy reads these forums, and he has commented that he likes to sculpt everything in one piece because he doesn't like assembling things.  This is a position which I am 100% in agreement with, and that contributes to these figures being a real pleasure to paint.  they also are fast to do.  The mole mercenary turned out to be about a 45 minute job, so I could have done him as a speed painting contest (minus some paint mixing time I'd have needed for contest conditions.)

As soon as I finished these, I pulled out the next three I'd already primed and started on of them, and then rooted through the boxes from the two Kickstarters I'd backed.  So, more to come...

• Who's Online   42 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)