SamuraiJack

Wild Assent - Survive the Arena and Tame the Wilds

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1449412950/wild-assent-survive-the-arena-and-tame-the-wilds?ref=discovery

Don't miss the adventure, danger or sweet, sweet miniatures. Click the above "Notify me on launch" button now to be notified the instant the Wild Assent campaign goes live!

3cab6526bf29883ab1813ad280fded8f_origina

As a special thanks to early backers, if you pledge for Wild Assent within the first 72 hours of the campaign, you'll receive Lady Aylwen and the Unicorn (and all of their cardboard goodies) absolutely FREE!

6cf5dfd9ac1ed07388f900a4816736ea_origina

Wild Assent is a 1-4 player miniatures board game with player-versus-player and solo/cooperative modes. Battle your opponents in the gladiatorial arenas of the Silvestrem in Wild Assent’s skirmish-style Arena mode. Hunt the dangerous creatures of the Wilds, by yourself or with friends, fighting not just for survival, but to keep your expedition alive in the campaign-based Hunt mode. Regardless of the mode you choose, Wild Assent offers tactical and entertaining combat combined with strategic an interesting decisions to make before the miniatures even hit the board.

447b4dde98a202c98720089f0eb33910_origina

Wild Assent is the complete package. It features incredible miniatures, quality cardboard components and engaging gameplay. Its PvP skirmish and solo/cooperative survival modesoffer vastly different play experiences while sharing the same fundamental combat mechanics.

7265c9a2a433c6185de206263751020c_origina
adae03d0c61224c44c30d83fc78817bd_origina

The core game box for Wild Assent contains everything you need to begin your expedition into the Wilds or to crush your enemies in the gladiatorial arenas of the Silvestrem. No adventure in either realm will be the same as the last as Wild Assent's customization options and deck mechanics ensure replayability for years to come.

f0d2397ea22965379d997b737310cdab_origina

Wild Assent miniatures are made from a HIPS-based material that retains an amazing amount of detail from the original 3D sculpt. Each miniature is produced as a single piece, allowing for more dynamic poses, intricate bases and absolutely zero assembly. 

1bf9012f2e6ba0a9a927cea2ee6d2880_origina

A good number of Wild Assent miniatures have already been produced. Molds have been made and we are able to present them to you as mass production models in the video below.

Wild Assent minis are made in 32mm scale. For those who want to see what it actually means, here are some of the minis shown on size chart below. While Berlyn as a rather short human barely passes 30mm, some of the bigger creatures are easily getting over 50mm in height.

c0517c8b31a2df008be1aac442f1ccf6_origina
e4d08722be839e5cf3f13dddf9ea94d6_origina

Prior to campaign launch we sent some Wild Assent production miniatures to King of Average who created a short unboxing video.

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 2

I'm intrigued, but we'll see.  I've been showing some pretty significant restraint lately.  Archon is making the minis, I'm pretty sure.

• Like 2

At first glance I said "Oh, another project by Archon" ... and I was partially right, they're doing the miniatures (and maybe the cardboard, too). Not sure I like that ... there is Archon's "difficult" moral reputation and a couple of the miniatures I got from one of their Kickstarter were covered in sticky gunk that was impossible to get off. The attitude shown by their customer service when confronted with the problem was ... problematic.

But yes, this is not Archon, only the components will be made by them (have Demigods Rising backers received their miniatures yet?).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Demigods Rising

Last update from June: "Bottleneck is created because Archon had their own projects to deliver and they are finalizing it." <_<

• Confused 1

Very pretty models.  Unless there is a low option for figures only I'll pass though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That Unicorn looks like a Ki'rinn to me.

It's nice but a whole set is too much for me.

That unicorn and most of the minis seems to suffer from the 'hey, there's some space without elaborate details on this one. We need to add more!'

There's a couple of minis in there I might want to get hold of, including the phoenix, but most are just ridicilously overdone. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

That unicorn and most of the minis seems to suffer from the 'hey, there's some space without elaborate details on this one. We need to add more!'

There's a couple of minis in there I might want to get hold of, including the phoenix, but most are just ridicilously overdone. 

My thoughts exactly

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, Glitterwolf said:

That Unicorn looks like a Ki'rinn to me.

It's nice but a whole set is too much for me.

The only piece I like here is the 'unicorn'  really not worth the pledge for just one mini.