Sign in to follow this  
lexomatic

foam core trollskull manor for extra life

The main issue seems to be playable surface and how to address things like the turret's angles which mean a base won't fit between the upper and lower parts. And I can't find an official image to figure things out. I'm probably going to make the upper turret part square, for ease, and maybe put inserts to shape the interior in the lower part. That seems easier than calculating how much extra space I'll need to fit walls etc.

20181011_072817.jpg

• Like 5

My cat got sick and time has evaporated. This may not get done (edit: on time). I have cut some exterior walls and have floors mapped out. Was planning on laying out on grid before in case I need to adjust  the floors out.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Sad 1

So I tried cutting a few things... and made my first mistake - luckily the pieces can be still be used with zero waste.  I've never made an octagonal shape, and didnt realize the diagonals would have to be wider. All fixed.

There's 2 kitchen walls

1st floor-3 inches and 2nd floor-2 inches. In this case the 2 inch walls will be interior walls, because there's nothing but roof above the kitchen.

In the front right is the screw up, which will be the 3rd and 4th floor turret above and a few other pieces.

On the left is the fixed version of 1st and 2nd floor octagonal room. Should be about 9+ inches.

20181014_174034.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 2

So I spent an hour and did the walls to the top floor. This will let me test all my other theories out for the rest of the house. Will be hard pressed for a playable model for Tuesday though.

The walls are glued and pinned. In an hour or so I will glue the gables to the roof then I'll need to cut and glue some Bristol board for roof. Then glue on shingles - at the end, and so probably not tonight.

20181017_144518.jpg

• Like 1

I did a bunch more. Gables are glued and drying will be glued to the roof surface before bed.i did super rough paint for my faux Tudor.shingles will go on last but I'll have playable top floor for Tuesday  ( aim to actually have all floors playable in rough unfinished walls only form).

20181017_205017.jpg

20181017_205035.jpg

• Like 1