aku-chan

Ensign Roxy "Hotshot" Malone

She really turned out WONDERFULLY...BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pew pew! Definitely the opulent baroque space opera we all CRAVE. Let's see more!

Gorgeous work on a fantastic mini. The shading on the hand in particular is amazing.

• Thanks 1

Love the vibrant hair - and the choice of orange. For the hair, you might want to add so lighter highlights to make it pop more.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the 'likes' and comments!

15 hours ago, Rigel said:

Pew pew! Definitely the opulent baroque space opera we all CRAVE. Let's see more!

Gorgeous work on a fantastic mini. The shading on the hand in particular is amazing.

Her hands are just shaded with Vallejo Flesh Shade Wash, it works really well, perhaps too well (it makes you a bit of a lazy painter ::D:)

15 hours ago, Iridil said:

Love the vibrant hair - and the choice of orange. For the hair, you might want to add so lighter highlights to make it pop more.

Thanks! I would've liked to go a bit further with her hair, but I struggled to make the highlights small enough, particularly on her braid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Great work, Aku-chan!

I've never seen Starstriders before ... is it some kind of 40k-set?

Thanks!

Yes, they are part of the Rogue Trader expansion for the Kill Team version of 40k.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Thanks!

Yes, they are part of the Rogue Trader expansion for the Kill Team version of 40k.

Ah, I see. So far after my time. Well. Still: Great work. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By undel
      Update: finished 4 of my 8 bretonnian knights horses. Gonna take a break before doing the last 4. 

I based my gw horses on 2x2 “large” bases so that they fill the proper space for pathfinder and d&d. They are to the right so that someone who is mounted can place their mini to the left to designate that it is mounted.

Bases were made by stamping green stuff into textured stamps. I think these are gonna be pretty useful on the board. I've had a lot of trouble showing whether someone was on their horse or not, and it involved a lot of mini swaps.

These guys are the horses from the "Freeguild Pistoliers" set. I'm also working on a set of "Bretonnian Knights" horses to be based in the same manner that have barding on them. Those are still a WIP, but I'll update this topic when they're done. :)

• By Sharkbelly
      The next phase of the army has started. 10 wolf riders, as well as an extra orc mounted on a boar. 

• By JackMann
      My entry for this year's Christmas contest at one of the FLGS's.

'E's makin' a list, e's checkin' it twice.
      'E's gonna find out who's orky or nice,
      Santa Klawz is comin' to town.
      'E knows just when yer lootin'.
      'E knows when you're a flake.
      'E knows if you follow gork or mork,
      So be brutal for cunning's sake.
      Oh, you better watch out, you better not whine,
      'E'll punch out yer snout, he'll rip out yer spine.
      Santa Klawz is comin' to town!

Santa is played by an Ork Painboy, with a hat sculpted by the same buddy who did the bag for Commissar Kringle. The base is a Secret Weapon Miniatures base. I got the furniture (table, wall) from a couple of different places. The bear and the jack-in-the-box are both from Reaper's Evil Toys set. The tree is from a model railway set, with random bits taken from Games Workshop stuff. Finally, the little goblin standing on the crates is from a different painboy set, the painboy from which was used as payment for the hat.

EDIT: Fixed the images to lose the Photobucket shenanigans.
    • By Lidless Eye
      Last on today's finished works, a selection of the Gellerpox Infected from the new 40k Kill Team boxed set, "Rogue Trader"

The faction leader, Vulgrar Thricecursed.

The Nightmare Hulk that makes me think GW is just teasing us about Mordheim at this point:

Gnasher-Screamer, who would also make a great Hag.  She's got a built-in coven!

The Gellerpox Mutants:

The wee ones, the Glitchlings:

• By Hack Mini Painter
      Here's my team in their new display case.

Cheers,
      H

• Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)