aku-chan

Swamp Witch Sophie AKA Sophie 2017 WIP

Thanks!

Progress:-

JYh4f5l.jpg

She now has a nice fish-scale skirt (Magic Blue > 1:1 Magic Blue/Sky Blue > Black Wash > 1:1 Magic Blue/Sky Blue).

Now I've got to paint all her doodads.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Thanks!

She now has a nice fish-scale skirt (Magic Blue > 1:1 Magic Blue/Sky Blue > Black Wash > 1:1 Magic Blue/Sky Blue).

Now I've got to paint all her doodads.

I love this!

• Thanks 1

Thanks!

Finally got her doodads painted:-

QgUcyxe.jpghqgcH0m.jpg

Starting from the right:-

Bundle of plants (Medium Olive > Brown Wash > 1:1 Medium Olive/Iraqi Sand),

Tooth on a string (Cork Brown > Brown Wash > Cork Brown, Bonewhite on the tooth),

Voodoo doll (Cork Brown > Brown Wash > Cork Brown > 1:1 Cork Brown/Bonewhite with Bronze eyes),

Potion (Warlord Purple), I tried to pick out the skull on the bottle by painting it white with black eye and nose holes, then glazing over it with Warlord Purple, not too sure I was successful.

Sheathed dagger (Leather Brown > Brown Wash > Leather Brown > 1:1 Leather Brown/Bonewhite).

• Like 11

z581Xqp.jpgvgBkWdp.jpg

Painted her glove (at least I think it's a glove) 1:1 Leather Brown/Scarlett Red > Brown Wash > 1:1 Leather Brown/Scarlett Red > 1:1:1 Leather Brown/Scarlett Red/Ochre Yellow > Brown Wash.

And then her spear (shaft is Parasite Brown > Brown Wash > 1:1 Parasite Brown/Iraqi Sand, with Cork Brown bindings and an Oily Steel head).

Now I can't put it off any longer, I need to decide what colour her wings are.

• Like 12

On 11/6/2018 at 9:02 AM, aku-chan said:

Now I can't put it off any longer, I need to decide what colour her wings are.

What color will the beastie be?

You already used 3 main colors (2 complementary!), so, maybe (just my opinion)  you may paint the wings in blue (upper triangle) and the dragon in red (lower triangle) ^_^

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cicciopiu said:

You already used 3 main colors (2 complementary!), so, maybe (just my opinion)  you may paint the wings in blue (upper triangle) and the dragon in red (lower triangle) ^_^

That was my initial thought as well. Connecting with the green and magenta could be another option. 

• Thanks 1

The Dragon looks like a sea dragon, I would use the Marine Triad to paint that one.

For the wings a grayish blue to tie it all together.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the colour theory advice, it's not something I've ever got a good grasp of myself.

As he appears to be some sort of sea serpent, I was going to paint the dragon blue (possibly turquoise). 

Before reading any comments I also made a halfhearted attempt at basecoating her wings purple (my painting mojo is low at the moment), I don't know if that colour combo would work, or if it's going to make her a little busy.

• Like 1

Purple could work. Maybe bring in the magenta of the bottle into highlights or shadows or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

When in doubt use Purple!

Always a good choice!

...or you could go with dark brown/black bat wings. Black goes with everything.

• Thanks 1

Just now, malefactus said:

...or you could go with dark brown/black bat wings. Black goes with everything.

Also true!

• Like 1