Sign in to follow this  
Zink

77069: Autumn Bronzeleaf

I'm almost done painting this mini in Bones and I'm wondering about her face. On mine it's kind of a mess with a warty ridge across half her forehead and it sort of looks like a half mask on the right side of her face. I'm trying to figure out if that's what it's supposed to be or if it's just an early Bones mess up. Searching for painted photos most are done very nicely on what looks to be the metal version and there's no blemishes. I did find one version in the show off forum here where someone did a phantom of the opera style job on her face. The close up in the REaper store shows the ridge a bit but you can't see the right cheek at all.

One thing that kind of amused me about her name is that without knowing it I decided to paint her in bronze and orange.

That's what I was leaning towards but you just never know. Wish I'd tried scraping it off before I painted it. I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Zink said:

That's what I was leaning towards but you just never know. Wish I'd tried scraping it off before I painted it. I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow. 

You can contact Reaper. they might send you a replacement if the sculpt is off.

Not that worried about it. I know their customer service is great but this mini has been laying around for years already. I'll just make do with what I have.

• Like 1

I have painted pupils on some tiny eyes. She had bright blue, nearly glowing eyes that didn't look quite right. Sadly I missed a little with the placement and although it improved the look of each eye they are now looking in opposite directions. Which lead me to looking up what the opposite of cross eyed was called. Poor girl has some unsightly facial blemishes partially covered with makeup and is wall eyed. Not sure how much more I'll work on her problems because I'm not really improving things much now. On the plus side I really like her hair and it was very easy to do because of how it was sculpted. At arms length she's cute enough. Photos will be in the show and tell some time today.

• Like 5