aku-chan

Echoes of Death:- The Fighter WIP

Started working on the Echoes of Death set. I have the whole set, but I also have an appalling track record when it comes to actually finishing my Kingdom Death figures, so I'm just building and painting them one at a time.

Starting with the Fighter (who's gigantic):-

Vo3eXQd.jpgcTVyLZ1.jpg

So far, I've made a start on her skin:-

Fexg7HH.jpg

It's a basecoat of 1:1 Elf Skin/Rosy Skin with a Flesh Shade Wash.

I stopped here and took a piccy so I could get some idea of where her eyes are, I think buying some sort of magnifier is in my future.

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Thanks everybody!

On 10/24/2018 at 1:40 PM, Darcstaar said:

Great start.

Good news, she’s got no eyes!

Seriously, I can’t see any eyes under her hair.

Just because no one can see them doesn't mean they're not there ::D:

Progress:-

1RaIHr3.jpg

Finished off her skin with highlights of 1:1 Elf Skin/Rosy Skin and 1:1:1 Elf Skin/Rosy Skin/Light Skin, also basecoated her hair in Warlord Purple to frame her face better.

Then I attempted to paint her danged eyes.

It took a few tries but I finally managed a decent right eye (it was more luck than skill), the left one though is about 2/3's obscured by hair and my poor brain can't grasp the idea of painting a bit of a eye (plus my hands aren't really up the painting an area that small), so all attempts ended with her having a giant eye filling the whole space. In the end, I decided it was best to just leave it flesh coloured and hope no one notices.

And now I'm too shaky for any more painting today.  

• Like 11

MaNfbsq.jpg

Highlighted up her hair (1:1 Warlord Purple/Squid Pink > Squid Pink > 1:1 Squid Pink/Off-white), thinking about making a Warlord Purple wash to smooth things out, but I'm not sure, going to come back to it after dinner. 

• Like 10

Thanks everybody!

Finally felt perky enough to do a bit of painting today:-

s3YHIa1.jpg

I knocked back the highlights on her hair a bit with a glaze of Warlord Purple.

Then I painted up her Lantern Armour boots (Oily Steel > Black Wash > Oily Steel) with (Bronze > Brown Wash > Bronze) spiky bits and (Brown Leather > Brown Wash > Brown Leather > 1:1 Brown Leather/Bonewhite) straps.

I've made a start on her two-tone stocking tops, they're Magic Blue and Scarlett Red with a Brown Wash so far.

• Like 8

On 11/4/2018 at 2:13 PM, Redd Knekk said:

The skin tone is perfect right now. Are you using MSP?

Thanks!

No, at this point I've pretty much totally moved over to the Vallejo paint range.

Ul4a9GI.jpg1EHrxet.jpg

She's a little shiny because I forget to take piccys before varnishing.

Finished off her stocking tops with another coat of either Magic Blue or Scarlett Red.

Then I painted her Screaming Fur skirt (1:1 Leather Brown/Ochre Yellow > Ochre Yellow > 1:2 Ochre Yellow/Bonewhite > Sepia Wash), with the inside of the skirt being 2:1 Old West Rose/Leather Brown with a Sepia Wash. There was also part of strap (Leather Brown > 1:1 Leather Brown/Bonewhite) with a Brassy Brass buckle.

Next, her bag of mystery.

• Like 7