SamuraiJack

Tomb Guardians miniatures - 11/6

Live

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tombguardians/tomb-guardians-28mm-fantasy-miniatures?ref=discovery

About

2d31f3d7e66eb1c19c75b57a9ec84bb0_origina
d39b45e92c3b6ea08f302f170cf0f805_origina
86f2f03682a733323b782bed237d0e47_origina
337a3ce840e530df1a3b1263602b636b_origina
Dwarven Paladin Dwarven Paladin
8b5b18b38be3c9de5ad6577ba3070330_origina
Dwarven Wizard Dwarven Wizard
10ab20f5906979b99179fc8c15e29782_origina
Dwarven Ranger Dwarven Ranger
2d811c096d613de812c943fa134fd249_origina
Dwarven Fighting King Dwarven Fighting King
Dwarven King Free Give Away Miniature Dwarven King Free Give Away Miniature
deb0521734a68b13ac38722aa1bb577e_origina
09ae20ada55acf5269ea9b620e366d6f_origina
451d5f020a987b0895e21d95ceb8b83b_origina
Female Dwarven Crossbowman Female Dwarven Crossbowman

42654174_2063372067018240_2923258529542307840_n.jpg

42816446_2065665020122278_3366763574151086080_n.jpg

43013722_2069676743054439_8258795409502109696_n.jpg

43473486_2080195758669204_1699440334787837952_n.jpg

44690999_2101192406569539_7852322998848585728_n.jpg

44603385_2101192353236211_540159147551752192_n.jpg

44509507_2101192359902877_2887356240785047552_n.jpg

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I need* that skeleton.

* for a given value of need not correlating to any kind of actual necessity

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

That pledge system and their self-contradictory comments on it are a train wreck, on a level that I personally feel it violates the "clearly presented" rule.

Also, they're technically offering prohibited items (you're apparently pledging for certificates/coupons to use on their website), for which they give this explanation:

The reason we are doing the gift certificate is because KS doesn't provide addresses for us to ship the product to our customers. Yes these are Dragonlock tiles.

I suppose that may just be the project creator bumbling along because they don't know the first thing about clear communications and how Kickstarter actually works (cf. getting the address through Kickstarter's survey), but it is certainly is one hell of a red flag.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really like the medusa and the four-armed skeleton. But I will not back this as I still have no clear idea how that "gift certificate" system works. If it works like "pledge $50 and get minis for $60" (for example) why have such strange pledge levels that seemingly give you a certain pack of miniatures at all?

And I always thought that KS WOULD INDEED provide addresses (maybe something changed) as not every KS I backed had a pledge manager.

So I think (!) I got a clear answer: If you back, you get exactly those miniatures listed for your pledge level and can add more at a discounted price. (Which is exactly what one of the updates, said, too, but posts in the KS comment section seemed to contradict that). That means I'm definitely out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

And I always thought that KS WOULD INDEED provide addresses (maybe something changed) as not every KS I backed had a pledge manager.

no, all Kickstarter provides to the Creators are the pledge level you pick, your pledge amount, and your email address., and the money.

I've been told they have started adding a backer number, but I've not seen that.

• Like 5

Love the minis but I'm not a fan of the pledge level contents. Example, I like the skeleton, but not enough to want it. I do like the dwarf(s). Kinda torn on this one right now. Jason & Bobby are probably my top 2 favorite (if not top 5) sculptors right now + both are great guys so we shall see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ladystorm said:

no, all Kickstarter provides to the Creators are the pledge level you pick, your pledge amount, and your email address., and the money.

Huh? That's not how it is supposed to work. Kickstarter's creator handbook says in the fulfillment section (and has for some time):

If you designated that a reward requires physical shipping, the survey will automatically ask backers for their mailing addresses.

I know that's indeed how it used to work for quite some time, and I wwas pretty sure it still does.

If Kickstarter has stealth changed this detail without properly documenting it, this is indeed a red flag for trusting Kickstarter any longer.

All the creator gets at the end of the KS is what Ladystorm said,

however you can  do a KS survey (or whatever they call it) to gather info like addresses, but it's reputedly very clunky and non user friendly both in what you can ask, and in the output that you get

so maybe worth doing for a small project with 1 or 2 pledge levels, you're going to fulfil yourself by handwriting addresses in the kitchen,

but pretty much useless if its a large project with lots of pledge levels/add ons being fulfilled by a warehouse by people who might want the info in a database they can query & print out from (that's why all these project creators pay backerkit, crowdox etc, I'm sure they'd love it if they didn't have to)

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m considering the monster level pledge. I already have so many dwarves from Oathsworn that haven’t gotten any love. But I’m always down for different takes on monsters for my dnd games!!

Having read through the comments, and what with all the changes being made, I am a bit concerned as to how fulfillment will end up happening. Jason and Bobby are amazing talents, but it seems like the project is drawing some red flags due to the mutable nature from the onset. 

Edited by Adrift

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Good Friday everyone,

With the forthcoming release of the Bones version of Viridius the Great Dragon on December 17, it is a pleasure for me to unveil today my work on a pewter version of this winged giant. Here it is, 10021 Viridius protector of the Woodspike forest sculpted by talented Jason Wiebe. As you can see, there was enough space behind its frilled head to add horns. So, I made a set of giant goat-like horns and a set of stag antlers. The horns and antlers have a metal armature “finishing nail” and they are held in place by magnets that I glued in holes I drilled in the dragon skull. Please, see my Viridius WIP for more details.

It was a long-term project, I started working on it in June last summer. I hope you will like it and that my work will be a source of inspiration for some of you. I used Army Painter Goblin Green primer, Games Workshop inks, Reaper MSP acrylic paint and traditional brushes, no airbrush. I used real rock on the base and natural roots for the trees. The synthetic grass is mainly from Woodland Scenics.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is a 77202, Warg I painted recently for an unexpected encounter in my D&D campaign. The adventurers managed to avoid the fight by sacrificing one of their horse to the hunting ogress and the two worg they were ambush by. This model was sculpted by Jason Wiebe. I painted it with acrylics and mounted it on a 25 x 50mm base. I forgot to remove a huge mold line on the direwolf face, so I decided to paint it as if it was a scar. I also cut off a chunk of its right ear, I think it gives it a nasty look.

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project

Since we were young, we were told a tale of "The 3 Little Pigs" living in their houses but one day they were attacked by the "Big Bad Wolf". The "Big Bad Wolf" blew away house by house until he ran out of breath at the mighty brick house. He then decided to climb the roof and jumped down the chimney, not knowing there was a boiling pot ready for him. He screamed and fled away. What happened to him after that? He might have been stalking the "Red Riding Hood", hiding in her grandmother's bed waiting to eat her for dinner. Yeah, eventually he died trying, but have you ever had doubt that both of the "Big Bad Wolf" could have been the same one? Ever After was conceived based on the premise that "Faerie Tales were told without names. So anyone might be anyone." The little lost "Red Riding Hood" could be the same girl who got lost in "Wonderland" or maybe Dorothy and Snow White might be the same person since they both were stalked by the "Wicked Queen". Both stories might have been told by different people, at different times. Stories change. Storytellers can add anything to the stories they tell. However, based on this theory, all fairy tales might be connected in some way we can't imagine.

Once upon a time, there was a land of legends and tales. Peace kept the land warm. Every day went by smoothly. Until one day, without any clues, the Red Queen started the war and dyed her land with blood of townsfolk. Her rage was unprecedented. Defiance meant death. Those who suffered could only cry for mercy that was denied. In despair, the White Queen came forth to confront the Red Queen. However, it did not alleviate the war. In fact, it caused more tear than anyone could ever imagine.
      From the deepest sorrow of her heart, the White Queen decided to do the most forbidden action. She decided to open the Pandora's Box. The box contained the power that could fulfill all desires. In the blink of an eye, the Red Queen's Army was wiped out of existence. Peace was restored to the land.
      However, what lingered under the apparent tranquility was the shadow that gradually tainted people's hearts. Once the power of Pandora's Box was unleashed, the deepest desire of the White Queen also came true. She desired that everyone wishes should come true. Therefore, the shadow sought the people's deepest darkest desire. Those who could not resist the temptation fell into the pit of darkness and became evil.
      Only a few of those who could resist the temptation of the box gathered up and formed a resistance, the Dawnguard. Hiding in the shadow, they struggled to live and survive in the land tainted to the core. They still stand even in the darkest hours.  They still wish that someday they could bring the peace back to their beloved homeland. They still fight although almost all of them know in their hearts that this war is hopeless. The fate is in their hands. Will they succeed or will they fail? Will the world be tainted into the damnation or will they be able to live happily Ever After...?

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/activemindsgames/xcase-20-expandable-transport-and-display-for-mini?ref=discovery

About
      * Video show 4 units formed into one 2x2 case
      Show, Go, and Grow with the X-Case 2.0
      The X-Case is the only modular, configurable, and transportable display case on the market. Last year we introduced the clear X-Case and this year we take that even further with the X-Case 2.0 an ultra-durable, more clear version ensuring long life and even better displays at home or on the go.  
       *Video shows a total of 8 units in various configurations
      These XCases can take quite a bit of abuse, even to the most suspect parts of the unit. Rest assured, these units are nothing close to fragile. Additionally, our first run looked good in their clear appearance, but these look great, with a much glassier look being made out of a similar grade of material to the doors of the X-Case which has always been very clear. 
       Fully compatible with every prior version of the X-Case the X-Case 2.0 will extend the life of your storage while protecting the life of your miniatures or other small collectible investment of time and/or money.
      With optional inserts such as Metal Bases, (for magnetized minis), and magnetic bases, (for use with Flex Iron on non magnetized minis) your minis can stay in place during travel. New  to this campaign we also have half and full length adjustable shelf and compatible tray(s) inserts to maximize the utility and display of the XCase.      
      *Video shows several prototype inserts in case at one time, dimensions not yet final.
       Click here to build your custom pledge now 

• Who's Online   28 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)