WhiteWulfe

WhiteWulfe Attemps the Seven Day Goblin Challenge - Dragons Don't Share 2014 Edition!

Looking good!

From where you are now, it looks like you just need to stay on the rails and this thing will be easy-peasy. Nice work, and finish strong!

• Thanks 1

Good luck. This is all well beyond anything I will ever attempt. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fectin said:

Looking good!

From where you are now, it looks like you just need to stay on the rails and this thing will be easy-peasy. Nice work, and finish strong!

But, but... Off the rails is so much more fun! ::P:  I definitely get what you mean though!

44 minutes ago, TGP said:

Good luck. This is all well beyond anything I will ever attempt. 

I have to agree, it's a tad... nuts.  Doubly so if you wind up losing a good portion of time to surprise contractors! o_O

~~~~~

Second Rockstar, opened!  Tea...  Half drank, because hubby wanted tea (and therefore I did too)....  Probably should brew some more coffee, just to be certain... :ph34r:

I should be painting, but... Hey, stuff is drying! :P

P1010568.thumb.JPG.16c3505616e7470047c27ad9acfa80f6.JPG

^Yeaaaaah, my area's just a tad bit of a mess.  It'll be cleaned up after, I swear!

P1010570.thumb.JPG.22dcd604e708bd5d2d657a97f2f933a2.JPG

^Found a colour that'll hopefully give what I want for the dragon's eyes.  Yes, I'm serious....  It'll also go on that spot on the sorceress' staff that's conveniently the colour of grey liner still...  Might go for a different one on the dwarf's staff, since that still hasn't, y'know, been painted.  The orb under the anvil.

P1010571.thumb.JPG.e64319819100f64eda8ba2e99fe99c0a.JPGP1010572.thumb.JPG.b797aedfb3129cb2bc892066c06df280.JPGP1010573.thumb.JPG.afbf91d0ee459d663f15aadbea2b9882.JPGP1010574.thumb.JPG.260669cf3b724667f3fbbfdbdfb5f5c5.JPG

P1010575.thumb.JPG.97b8d09875e165c52c3576233f866154.JPG

Still have a bit of washes to do, and then some drybrushing.  I suppose eyes too, since they all have BLANK VACANT STARES OF DOOM still...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Proper post to come, but....

P1010577.thumb.JPG.011753c83b158ccd2b99cf281f663d50.JPG

P1010578.thumb.JPG.56cef04e23605deb6c4996fdc7cfb552.JPG

At the time of taking that photo (it's now 18ish minutes later, but meh), I still had 7 hours and 3 minutes left, but....  I need to keep my sleep schedule for work since I'm back to work on Monday, and I'm calling my attempt over.  Whether it qualifies or not is naturally up to the judges, but...  I'll have the show off thread posted soon, and then it's time to get some sleep!

Start time: Oct 27 at 09:05 MST/MDT (-07:00 GMT).

End time: November 3 at 02:02 MST/MDT (-07:00 GMT).

I say MST and MDT because I can never remember which is which, and I've been up for a loooong time, and eyes are burning, and just want to get this post done so I can sleep! :P

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Aaaaaand we have the show off thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83389-whitewulfe-attempted-the-7-day-goblin-challenge-dragons-dont-share-2014-edition-picture-heavy/

I am so getting sleep now.  Yes, that was an hour of editing photos, writing a bunch of words, and then making it all hopefully make sense, and not murder the phone for anyone on mobile thanks to spoiler tags for the extra details.

Yup, sleep sounds like an epic idea. Goodnight, and thanks for being in here with all the various comments, and encouragement!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

(I'm so so so sorry I didn't post days ago, been dealing with serious life stuff (good things, just time- and energy-consuming))

Ten thousand congratulations for finishing your very first Goblin Challenge!!!! :bday: And you managed to retain at least some semblance of coherence, too! It seemed like you had a lot of fun with it, trying new color combinations and such, and your thread was a blast to read! ^_^

I'll see about rustling up some sort of Not-Trophy for you (since buglips appears to have gone AWOL). To tide you over until then, I bestow upon you:

JNf4O3Tl.jpg

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2018 at 11:10 AM, fectin said:

Well done and congratulations!!

Many thanks!

On 11/3/2018 at 11:12 AM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Good jorb!

Yarr!  ARF!  Arp?  Not quite sute how to playfully reply other than "thanks!"

On 11/3/2018 at 11:13 AM, Glitterwolf said:

burns.jpg

Mwa ha ha ha ha, exxxxcelllllennnnnnt indeed ^_^

On 11/5/2018 at 3:40 PM, Doublesix66 said:

Nicely done feels good to set yourself a task as hard a this with the time constraints and complete it :winkthumbs:

It's definitely a tough one, that's for sure - doubly so with surprise contractors!

10 hours ago, OneBoot said:

(I'm so so so sorry I didn't post days ago, been dealing with serious life stuff (good things, just time- and energy-consuming))

Ten thousand congratulations for finishing your very first Goblin Challenge!!!! :bday: And you managed to retain at least some semblance of coherence, too! It seemed like you had a lot of fun with it, trying new color combinations and such, and your thread was a blast to read! ^_^

I'll see about rustling up some sort of Not-Trophy for you (since buglips appears to have gone AWOL). To tide you over until then, I bestow upon you:

JNf4O3Tl.jpg

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Real life is more important than forums, games, or stats for games.  Or Facebook ^_^  So no need to apologize for taking care of surprise real life! ^_^  (or regular real life either!)

I suspect I retained what I usually have regarding sanity.  I've let some of it wander here and there, some of it came back, other parts were...  Well, apparently some shiny dog thought they were a talking chewtoy, but after a beer or three the two settled their differences...  Even if it came back a lot more glittery than expected.

I still can't believe that in my desperation to hold onto those colours, some absolutely random thought came to mind, I went "sure why not give it a whirl", and once I had a method down that worked, it came out rather nicely.  Kind of saddened I totally forgot the orange on the other parts, but eh...  It's life!

I suspect buglips has been not only jumped by surprise real life, he's also dealing with a linebacker of real life, alongside a soft serve dessert made of... SURPRISE!  real life.

Ooooooh, the boot-stompy approval...y.! ^_^

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now