Glitterwolf

Getting To Know Each Other, November 2018

2 hours ago, klarg1 said:

Why? There's little question that I would love to witness historical events, make a fortune on stock tips, or get fresh DNA samples for my cloned dinosaur army, but I think the possibility of time travel is too likely to result in chaos and destruction on a cosmic scale.

Time travel, no question about it. I will be the "evil" one who disrupts the time continuum -- though not intentionally.  Well, I might go back and save some passenger pigeons and dodos, or try and prevent some of the horrific disasters we know about.  Mostly I just want to look, and experience life as it was.  Maybe settle in a less populated era in the past, or the future. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

"I have, as you put it, 'killed Hitler', 1,437 times.  I've introduced his parents to other people, replaced his gas mask filter with Folgers crystals, and even managed to get a mediocre landscape artist into the Vienna Academy via compromising photographs that I'd rather forget taking.  Each and every result was objectively *worse* than the current timeline."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

WITCH!!!

Well...actually I'm bald now, but my eyebrows betray me, I'm a redhead with a paleskin as well...and freckles?

You mean my camouflage?

What? The glitter isn't real and the leader of WOOF is really a leopard? 

My personal theory of time travel is that we can't actually change anything. Because if we for instance changed ourselves being born then we don't travel and therefore don't change anything and therefore are born and do travel... And my head hurts. An infinite loop of two or more possibilities oscillating back and forth. To travel and not be able change anything would be heart breaking. Go watch Stark Trek City on the edge of forever (if I'm remembering the episode name right).

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The inquisition would be a real problem for me, a redhead covered in freckles :rolleyes:

Oh noes!! The inquisition wouldn't get me... probably. The Nazis only would if I was hiding with my mom and brother. I am blonde-haired and blue-eyed; the only Jew trait that is noticeable is my nose. My mom and brother look extremely Jewish (hit most of the stereotypes). 

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 7: Would you rather fly or being able to travel through time?

Fly. I love flying already. If I had unfettered flying? Even better. Time travel processes give me a headache anyway. 

HOWEVER.... I must be able to fly to locations with soup, and eat soup while flying. 

Any time travel, if I went with that, must involve trying soup in every timeline. 

Edited by Cyradis
Soup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

You can not fly without traveling in time.  Sure it is slow one way travel, but it is time travel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

You all have the wrong idea... Don't go back, go forward! Snag that almanac then come back! Or, if the future really is extra nice, stay there!

Basically what he said...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Definitely flying, it'd make getting down from mountains after a long hike soooo much easier ::D: If excessive consumption of terrible films has taught me anything, it's that time travel NEVER goes well. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

The slower I go...

7 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

You can not fly without traveling in time.  Sure it is slow one way travel, but it is time travel.

...the less I weigh. The faster I go the less time goes by. Or have I got that backwards?

• Like 7

On 11/6/2018 at 2:17 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 6 : What would you put in a time capsule for future generations to find?

BONUS QUESTION : Did you ever made a time capsule? What was in that one?

I feel as though I should pick something profound and meaningful, such as my copy of Hamlet, with notes scrawled in all of the margins, or perhaps a truly great movie, such as Seven SamuraiThe Man Who Would Be King, or Young Frankenstein...  But in reality, I would more than likely put in some kind of joke in the time capsule.

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

If the ability to travel through time includes the ability to travel through time and space, then I would choose that one.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I would enjoy time travelling so that I could get answers to so many questions. Also, I think it would be an interesting experience breathing Cretaceous air (oxygen levels were about 35% at that time, hence the reason why survivability of such massive creatures was viable).

I learned something new today. Thanks! :D 

If I couldn't interfere by accident, I would absolutely love to time travel. So many things to see in the past and future! So many things to learn! Goodness, I'd need a lot of money to fund these expeditions.

And an excellent clothesmaker on demand.... I wouldn't want to stand out!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Nov. 8:  You are gifted by a mutation, what will it be?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Eyes with Eagle-like focal range. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I want to be an empath, but in addition to being able to "read" feelings I want to be able to project them as well...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1