Glitterwolf

Getting To Know Each Other, November 2018

3 hours ago, TGP said:

I dunno what a Mindbender is. :huh:

It's the world's largest indoor triple-loop roller coaster ~_^  Drop of Doom was a 120' drop (37m), and was pretty much the second most popular ride at Galaxyland (Mindbender was the first).  Just like the Mindbender, you'd know someone was riding it from anywhere in the entire amusement park because there'd be a buzzer / alarm tone that would go off shortly before the carriage dropped.  Reason you knew the Minder had started?  If you're close enough, you can hear the riser chain assembly...  If you're in the theme park...  There's this massive ROOOOOAR from the... sled? that's especially obvious as it goes down the first drop, and as it operates it's still a rather loud ride.  Sadly, none of the videos on YouTube actually showcase just how potent that ride's roar is, which is a pity.

It may be slow by comparison to a lot of the more modern roller coasters as it only reaches a top speed of 60mph, but one has to keep in mind the fact that the Mindbender is also "only" 44m high.  Google's wrong about g-loads though, since the loops have been clocked at 5.8g's of force several times, but still (Google says 5.2g).

8 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Maze of Silence based on the silent rooms where sound travels no more than a few feet:

Only if we're allowed to bring in coffee and a book!  Anechoic chambers are soooo relaxing.  Disorienting, but relaxing. ^_^

• Like 6

A room full of puppies where people can snuggle and play with them and one with kittens for the cat lovers.( aka M.E.O.W. traitors..).

Especially people who want pets but can't / are not allowed to have them could enjoy being with our furry friends for a while.

Of course this will be monitored to ensure the animal's well being.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TGP said:

I thought that was a thing. Like a wearable thing. Same concept as a Green Bay Packers cheese wedge for the head. But way less tacky and sportsball-ish. And TM Disney. 

No, no. I mean hair that floats around on the breeze, swirls around you like a spiral when you spin, and falls down in a graceful wave when you finish doing a flip. It's also super hero and anime hair.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

No, no. I mean hair that floats around on the breeze, swirls around you like a spiral when you spin, and falls down in a graceful wave when you finish doing a flip. It's also super hero and anime hair.

Hair....***Rubs bald head***  Ahhh the memories...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hair....***Rubs bald head***  Ahhh the memories...

A hairless wolf??!!! Oh the indignity::P:

***here glitterwolf (hands glitterwolf a wolf toupee)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nov. 9: Invent a new Theme Park Attraction, what is it?

I'm not really much for rides, which makes most theme parks less exciting for me than for others.

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Zeppelins! 

...something to do with Zeppelins. Zeppelins are cool.

::o:

I'm going to TGP's Theme Park!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I was going to say "comfortable seating in the shade", but Lord of the Dish Pit had a better idea. 

I think I'd enjoy a slow train (just enough to create a breeze) that wound through the park, so you could see all the sights, with stops now and then so you could get off and on at various places.  Some parks probably do that already. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Team archery using low pound bows and foam tipped arrows (like they use for Larp) where one member of the team drives a UTV dressed up like a horse and the other shoots at the opposing team. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:
17 hours ago, Cyradis said:

But y'know, I think at the moment, I want hair that doesn't tangle. 

Disney princess hair :rolleyes:

It's simple.  You just need to use the right cutlery.::P:

Spoiler

https://longlivethemouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/tumblr_lrsz3ixjma1qfp5jso1_400.jpg

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

A room full of puppies where people can snuggle and play with them and one with kittens for the cat lovers.( aka M.E.O.W. traitors..).

Especially people who want pets but can't / are not allowed to have them could enjoy being with our furry friends for a while.

Of course this will be monitored to ensure the animal's well being.

Pretty sure they have (or have tried) the cat version as a coffee bar in Tokyo.  Saw that on Telly or YouTube. (Bitter Roast Coffee and Feline Disdain with cathair..?.. :mellow: I’d give it a go, but for allergies.)

@klarg1 my theme park of Über Awesömeness (*) will have the puppies version of this as well as miniature horsesProbably not the cat version. 

*where no ümlaüt is ever unwelcome. 

30 minutes ago, Loim said:

Team archery using low pound bows and foam tipped arrows (like they use for Larp) where one member of the team drives a UTV dressed up like a horse and the other shoots at the opposing team. 

LARPWORLD!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Not really an attraction, but in the early 90s I sketched up nearly compete plans for my own theme park called Otherworlds.  I nearly filled a graph paper notebook with sketches and notes.  I was working at an amusement park at the time, so I had access to several different industry publications, which helped in "designing" my rides and themes.  I even had locations scouted out throughout the country. 

It was going to have two entrances at opposite ends of the park - one entrance would be as if you were entering a magical fantasy kingdom full of dragons and knights.   The other side was as if you were entering a starport to travel to other worlds. Everything was as heavily themed and decorated as Disney is - possibly even more so.  Probably the most unique idea in the park, though, was a roller coaster that circled the park with two stops - you could get on at the Sci-Fi entrance and ride to the other side of the park to get off at the Fantasy entrance, or vice versa.  For the less thrill inclined, trains and sky trams provided similar options. 

Sadly, I lost the notebook (and other things) due to my cat pissing on the box it was in.   RollerCoaster Tycoon came out shortly after that, and I was excited to try and build it in that game, but I was left underwhelmed. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Not really an attraction, but in the early 90s I sketched up nearly compete plans for my own theme park called Otherworlds.  I nearly filled a graph paper notebook with sketches and notes.  I was working at an amusement park at the time, so I had access to several different industry publications, which helped in "designing" my rides and themes.  I even had locations scouted out throughout the country. 

It was going to have two entrances at opposite ends of the park - one entrance would be as if you were entering a magical fantasy kingdom full of dragons and knights.   The other side was as if you were entering a starport to travel to other worlds. Everything was as heavily themed and decorated as Disney is - possibly even more so.  Probably the most unique idea in the park, though, was a roller coaster that circled the park with two stops - you could get on at the Sci-Fi entrance and ride to the other side of the park to get off at the Fantasy entrance, or vice versa.  For the less thrill inclined, trains and sky trams provided similar options. 

Sadly, I lost the notebook (and other things) due to my cat pissing on the box it was in.   RollerCoaster Tycoon came out shortly after that, and I was excited to try and build it in that game, but I was left underwhelmed. 

That sounds awesome!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The Soup Spinner. 

Like spinning tea cups, but soup themed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

The Soup Spinner. 

Like spinning tea cups, but soup themed. 

And when it closes for the night, a guy can stand there saying "No soup for you!" 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

And when it closes for the night, a guy can stand there saying "No soup for you!" 

Obviously the food shop next to the attraction will be a soupery. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5