PurpleLlama

03197 - Thelgar Halfblood, halforc barbarian

He is a nasty looking Dude, BEAUTIFULLY painted however. Your skin tones & color choices are OUTSTANDING. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks all!  For the skin tone I used the dusky skin triad.  It’s one of the better skin triads I’ve used and I’m planning to also try it out on a couple of fire giants I need to paint up for the same campaign.  

• Like 1

Great work all around as has been said; especially want to compliment the bronze scabbard and belt. They really sell this guy as part of an artistic culture (when he's not lopping heads).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Patrik Strom
      This is a miniature from last year. A NPC barbarian in a game I’m playing in got a two handed sword, which the old miniature used to represent the character of course didn’t have. So it was time for a switch. Overall it went fairly quick to complete the figure and I’m quite happy with the results.

• By ManvsMini
      I painted these up about 6 months ago for my brother so he could surprise his players; he was running a small adventure for a group of people who hadn't played D&D before, and I wanted to help him get them to love the game. And nothing says "hey this game is awesome" more than when it has minis in it, and especially when those minis look like their character. They just finished their intro adventure this past weekend, so I thought I'd share.

Reaper Figs used:
      02926: Gungor, Half-Orc Monk
      77118: Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue
      77060: Dragonman Warrior
      77166: Balto Burrowell, Gnome Wizard

Apologies on the next pics, my brother took them and sent them to me via his phone, but didn't know much about the intricacies of photoing minis (I barely know more than he does):

The first two aren't anything super special; I had very little description to go off other than brown-hair halfling, and white dragonborn/black eyes. I did make the cloth purple on the dragonborn to make him match the hair on the upcoming tiefling since those players are a husband-wife duo in the real world.

The next figure I wish I could paint again, because I did some poor color choices with her shirt and skin; in the pics they look too similar, and they are. I'd redo the shirt, but not the green hotpants, because the player loved them.

This last one is my favorite, because I think he came out the best. He was the last one I painted, so a lot of the dust and cobwebs on my skill had been blown off. He's the only one that I was actually able to get a detailed character description of (steathily, because the minis were a surprise), so I didn't have to make up an entire scheme on my own (color scheme is the hardest part for me). Plus, the player said he had a mohawk, so I got to sculpt a faux-hawk on him.

Two regrets on him: the shadow color defining his muscles is too stark, wish I had gone with something a little lighter, and I'd redo his fauxhawk into a more spikey one.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with how they all turned out. They were the first ones I had done in several years, and the first ones I had done since my health problems snowballed; they were very much an "Am I able to still do this?" project. The fact that the players loved them, and wanted to keep them after they finished their adventure makes them all-the-more special to me (and they did get to keep them).

-MvM
    • By lazarp
      This is the mini I painted a few months back.

My first try at painting tattoos too :D
      I'm very happy how he turned out, I've used him as a boss in my dnd campaign and people loved him :D

Next to a Mantic Greatax Orc :D

Next to a heavily converted 03197: Thelgar Halfblood :D

• By NyarlaBcn
      Here my project for this past week. A family of barbarians ready for adventure. All the minis are from Hasslefree, and I went with the same scheme for all of them to reinforce the familiarity. 
      Any feedback welcome ^^ here or on instagram, @albertnyarla 

• By Rigel
      Julie Guthrie knows how to sculpt 'em! I love the twisted locks of hair on this lady, who meets the decency standards of the forum by fractions of a millimeter.

And while we're on a kick of well-built tropical adventurers with a healthy disdain for pants, here's Todd Harris's Jaatu. An excellent sculpt in the grand Imaro fashion, with dragon/crocodile armor and an axe that you KNOW does more than just hack at things. Axes with faces are not to be trifled with. 

Both of these are perfect for the Chultan-set Tomb of Annihiliation,  which I'm running currently. 
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 145 Guests (See full list)