Ratmaster2000

Question about happy seppuku stamps and milliput

So in the recent BoGW and Rcon BoGW I was fortunate to get the 2018 omega genesis and 2017 clockwork stamps from Happy Seppuku. Has anyone had experience with these, specifically do I built the putty a little higher for the omega genesis stamp since it seems to make raised areas? Also, since I have local Hobby Lobby's near me, has anyone used milliput with these, and what should I look out for and clean-up after using milliput. Thanks everyone for any help, you are all the best.

Generally speaking, you will want a little extra putty above the lip of your base.  Not a lot, but enough to fill the mold.  The putty is easy enough to clean up, so don't worry about it while your figuring out the right balance. 

Regarding miliput, I feel the miliput is too soft/sticky be effective in base stamps.  Or, at least I've not had any success.  Greenstuff is much better, and I've had even better success with apoxie sculpt. 

• Like 1

When using milliput with stamps, I have found that it works best if I press the putty and base into the stamp, then let it cure before removing it. Otherwise the milliput is both too sticky (on the stamp) and not sticky enough (comes off the base). Green stuff generally works better, but milliput is fine if you are patient. 

• Like 3

I've been using the Grey/Yellow Milliput with Happy Seppuku stamps:

1. Place blob of milliput on base

2. Spread out milliput across entire base with wetted thumb

3. Flatten milliput against cutting mat

4. Press into mold

5. Remove and trim excess with sculpting tool

This is a pretty quick process, the water from my thumb prevents the Milliput from sticking to my cutting mat or the mold. Sometimes the release from the mold is not great, but I can always re-do the process quickly. I have been very happy with the results so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clearman said:

Generally speaking, you will want a little extra putty above the lip of your base.  Not a lot, but enough to fill the mold.  The putty is easy enough to clean up, so don't worry about it while your figuring out the right balance. 

Regarding miliput, I feel the miliput is too soft/sticky be effective in base stamps.  Or, at least I've not had any success.  Greenstuff is much better, and I've had even better success with apoxie sculpt. 

I will need to get some of those items, I just hate waiting on shipments, because I am impatient:) I have two Hobby Lobby's near me and they have milliput, I like instant gratification:rolleyes: How is apoxie sculpt as far as clean up and mess during use? I am leaning toward trying this after I have a go with milliput::D:

1 hour ago, Keianna said:

When using milliput with stamps, I have found that it works best if I press the putty and base into the stamp, then let it cure before removing it. Otherwise the milliput is both too sticky (on the stamp) and not sticky enough (comes off the base). Green stuff generally works better, but milliput is fine if you are patient. 

I'll have to try this, thanks for the info:)

10 minutes ago, jsmccauley said:

I've been using the Grey/Yellow Milliput with Happy Seppuku stamps:

1. Place blob of milliput on base

2. Spread out milliput across entire base with wetted thumb

3. Flatten milliput against cutting mat

4. Press into mold

5. Remove and trim excess with sculpting tool

This is a pretty quick process, the water from my thumb prevents the Milliput from sticking to my cutting mat or the mold. Sometimes the release from the mold is not great, but I can always re-do the process quickly. I have been very happy with the results so far.

This sounds great, especially since HL carries it for 7.99 and I can use the 40% discount:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the great comments and information:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I like instant gratification

I frequent Hobby Lobby a lot for the same reason, but search around for a Hobbytown USA or other hobby store.  Many places that carry miniatures also carry Green Stuff.

I need to check out Pegasus hobbies and hobbytown USA in Corona, they would be the closest (put still like 40 minutes away). I have two Hobby Lobby's within 10 minutes of me now:) Austin Texas Hobby Lobby was were I first learned about them, and now they are out here:)

• Like 1

It's been a while since I've been out in that neck of the woods, but definitely recommend checking out Pegasus hobbies.  It would be worth the trip, especially if you are also into model kits.

Games workshop does package under their brand, but it is not exclusive.  The green stuff name is mostly a generic name and also know ln as Kneadtight.  Ive bought the GW package when it was all I could find, but I've also found generic packages and have also purchased from Amazon

5 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Games workshop does package under their brand, but it is not exclusive.  The green stuff name is mostly a generic name and also know ln as Kneadtight.  Ive bought the GW package when it was all I could find, but I've also found generic packages and have also purchased from Amazon

I know greenstuffworld sells on the bay, and was thinking of going that route, especially because I also wanted to order some blue stuff and horse around with making molds. 

7 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I know greenstuffworld sells on the bay, and was thinking of going that route, especially because I also wanted to order some blue stuff and horse around with making molds. 

Double check their website.  Sometimes pricing is slightly better in their site, AND you get rewards points...  Sure they expire two months later, but still.  There is a discount for the next order. 

I love their sculpting vaseline, but I've never tried anything else..   Use their rollers a LOT too.