absinthe

Question on the Miniture Sizes

16 hours ago, absinthe said:

@Cyradis Alright, cool.

@TGP Yes!  Would be awesome to see.

Working on it. 

16 hours ago, Pingo said:

Posed in front of an inch or centimeter grid, and / or with a ruler laid out in front of, above, or behind them, and / or next to others for comparison, I am thinking.

Check. One inch grid. 

5 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Comparison pics are more useful because the height of a model doesn't tell you how bulky it is or how exaggerated the features are.

I have Sir F. in metal. 

28 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Why not both? Sir Forscale can introduce us to new friends, while standing on a grid. ^_^ 

Checklist: [_] Wyvern [_] Knigget [_] Ruler [_] Grid

...wanders off to search, Sir Forscale and the Grid are in the office room, the Wyvern is hiding...he’s not in the last place he was spotted...he moved apparently. 

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Why not both? Sir Forscale can introduce us to new friends, while standing on a grid. ^_^ 

I think so too, thus the “and” in the “and / or.” The best comparison shots I have seen have been like police line-ups, several miniatures side by side in front of an easily-read scale. There’s someone out on the internet who did that with various manufacturers’ figures of giants.

• Like 4

I have measured him and I got 5 inches tall (ground to wingtops) with about 4–3/4s wing span. 

**** Wanders off to attempt photo. ****

Edited by TGP

@absinthe I have made three photos. A thread has been created in the Shutterbug sub-Forum to hold them. Just waiting until the post editor won’t combine the second post with the first. 

And (edit) they are posted:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83497-scale-comparison-photos/&do=findComment&comment=1770150

Edited by TGP
  • Thanks 1