That smooth edge of putty will be broken up when you apply flock and a few small rocks/branches etc.

• Like 1

Yeah but the whole.... shape of it is straight through. It reads more like stream instead of pooling water. 

I guess I could do stream.... haha.

• Like 1

Very cool stuff!  

I really need to get my Ma'al out of the box...  

I picked up a cheap lazy susan at ikea that I used in my spray paint boot, but it's large enough for Ma'al.  You might even be able to find something in a dollar store that would do the trick.  Might save you from cleaning paint off the microwave tray.  

Keep up the great work!! 

• Like 2

I did that thing where I relax and just make art. It's excellent.

Except I don't know how I'm going to make this water work now. ::D:

I feel like it would... feel best if it were a river flowing away from us and into the back of the ruins.

I have no idea how I could make the "end" of the resin in front. I've seen folks use plastic as barriers, but the edge of the base isn't smooth. I thought about making the little spot in front like a closed pool, but the water just doesn't seem like it would flow that way. I think it would look weird closed off, too. What do y'all think? I could try to curve the river away so the end of the resin isn't directly in your face, but that still leaves the edge issue.

The rocks, plants, and man are not glued in.

290364522_morimaalhmmmmm.thumb.jpg.4effa8f9cdfa62dcac1ac8f8de082508.jpg

• Like 7

Would it possibly work if you made the water look like it is flowing away, as if this is where the stream begins? maybe a small run off onto the pool near the man and flow from there?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Would it possibly work if you made the water look like it is flowing away, as if this is where the stream begins? maybe a small run off onto the pool near the man and flow from there?

That's what I would want ideally. I'm just not sure how to form the edge of the resin - I feel like the smooth plastic edge that most folks use would look weird here since the base edge isn't smooth.

• Like 3

You could use GreenStuff for your barrier for the water, I would think.  Apply vaseline to the bark where it will be.  Apply the GS to the bark and make the wall.  Let it cure.  Vaseline the inside of the cured GS before pouring the resin.  Once the resin is hard, carefully peel away the GS. Clean away any residual Vaseline with Simple green and water.

I would test the above on a dummy piece before using on a real one, but in theory it should work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

You could use GreenStuff for your barrier for the water, I would think.  Apply vaseline to the bark where it will be.  Apply the GS to the bark and make the wall.  Let it cure.  Vaseline the inside of the cured GS before pouring the resin.  Once the resin is hard, carefully peel away the GS. Clean away any residual Vaseline with Simple green and water.

I would test the above on a dummy piece before using on a real one, but in theory it should work.

That sounds like so many terrifying things could go wrong.

I can't wait to test it out! ::D:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Morihalda said:

have no idea how I could make the "end" of the resin in front. I've seen folks use plastic as barriers, but the edge of the base isn't smooth. I thought about making the little spot in front like a closed pool, but the water just doesn't seem like it would flow that way. I think it would look weird closed off, too. 

Rock formation. 

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Have a wellspring where the water burbles out of rocks, thence to a pool, the onward under the dragon. 

2 hours ago, Morihalda said:

That's what I would want ideally. I'm just not sure how to form the edge of the resin - I feel like the smooth plastic edge that most folks use would look weird here since the base edge isn't smooth.

A ragged rocky edge backed up to the edge of the base. The water outflows from underneath a ledge of rock, and back into the base under the dragon.

• Like 3

The griffin is wise. Rocks are always a good answer. Not that I'm biased... :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

test the above on a dummy piece before using on a real one, but in theory it should work.

This is ^ the wise-mostest ^ bit of advice of all. The Dragon’s Base should be the 2nd or 3rd time you’ve tried the resin-as-water product. Maybe the 6th time. 

Just make some forest pools on 50mm rounds, or a little broken fountain terrain piece, ....learn how the stuff handles, get some XP with it. 

• Like 6

:upside: This originally posted in the GTKY thread because Smartaleck Phone is a smartelf.

Does the water-resin product generate enough heat as it cures to melt white Bonesium material?

(Pick a sacrificial Bones Mini to become a statue standing knee deep in a fountain pool and find out... !! ...quest is worth 100xp  ::D: )

• Like 3
  • Haha 3