Metalchaos

DSM8112, Persian Cat Warrior

This is unreal. The fur, the riveted armor, shadows....  truly remarkable job you’ve done.

Even looks like freehand coloring on the helmet... if this guy was in my cabinet I’d be really proud.

Edited by Redd Knekk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He looks so angry, just like every Persian I've ever met :D Wonderful paint job, the eyes are especially stunning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nicely Done.

Excellent painting, and brush control.

The transitions are very very smooth.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Yarr! I buried my treasure in the litterbox. Ahoy! Matey! Is this a mewtiny? So many funny jokes are possible here.

From Dark Sword Miniatures, Critter Kingdoms - Anthropomorphic Animals. Here is DSM7971, Ali Sparrow the Female Cat Pirate. This two-piece model was sculpted by Dave Summers. I've assembled the chest lid before painting the model. However, I think it was not the right strategy. It was hard to reach some spots and paint some part of the loot. I hope you will like it.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is a Dark Sword Miniatures, Critter Kingdoms - Anthropomorphic Animals   I painted this week. This Pretty Princess DSM8017, Victorian Female Cat is a two-piece model that was sculpted by Dave Summers. She looks a little anxious, I think she may be waiting for a late train. It was a challenge to paint all the folds and lace, I'm very pleased about its final look.

I also took pictures on how to paint cats eyes in six easy steps. Is it layering or wet blending? I don't even know… Anyhow, here is how I paint cat eyes. I use Reaper Miniatures MSP paint.

1. I paint the surrounding of the eyes in black or dark brown then paint the eye balls in beige. Beige is a color that covers black easily and it helps to get a brighter iris color.

2. The base color is a blend of 09226 peacock green and 09031 tanned leather.

3. I add more 09031 tanned leather to the blend and build up a paler focal point at the center of the eyes.

4. I add 09008 sun yellow in the blend to highlight the eye balls.

5. I use 09037 pure black to paint the vertical pupils typical to the cats.

6. And, I finally add 09039 pure white dots to act as reflections of ambient light.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is a Dark Sword Miniatures, Critter Kingdoms - Anthropomorphic Animals that I completed Yesterday. DSM7986, Augustus the Emperor Cat is three-piece model that was sculpted by Dave Summers. I glued its left hand and tail before painting the wholly assembled model.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is the second Orc model from Ral Partha's 10-512 Monsters Boxed Set produced in 1992.
      It's a 25mm tall metal "lead" miniature that was sculpted by Jeff Wilhelm and I painted it with acrylics and ink.
      I have the Roman crest helmet on this model. I painted the crest in orange, as if it had been made with the red hair of a dwarf.
      There is also an eye engraved on the front of the helmet, symbol of Gruumsh. Tribute to Tolkien...

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)