Pingo

14016: Judas Bloodspire, Necropolis Warlord - A COLLABORATIVE PROJECT by malefactus and Pingo

I painted his buttons, front and back, gold metallic.

I thought the foliage was beginning to look a little faded so I brightened it up. I may have gone a little too cheery. At any rate, the highlights are mostly Phthalo Green toned to a natural color with Burnt Sienna and lightened and brightened with bright lemony Hansa Yellow Opaque. The shadows are Phthalo Green, Burnt Sienna, and Ultramarine Blue.

DSC_0587-Malefactus-Judas-Bloodspire.jpg.8f3f434b202f7c63d7b933f15172479d.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg.d7d25c70fb20fcac6e8a8b902351ea16.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg.a0e61d39bdd412059118d850c6c406d8.jpg

Sometimes when things look a little flat to me I just mix up a transparent shadow color from Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna and use it to shade and tone the entire figure. I've done that here, using it to darken the foliage and paving stones and add depth to his red robes.

DSC_0666-Malefactus-Judas-Bloodspire.jpg.5226695434d966e8bc03680b0d35d01f.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg.c4691cc7778cb47270e66ebe3db1c94c.jpg

DSC_0668.jpg.e06a9d51b3d018a6f2c275f81724a631.jpg

DSC_0669.jpg.226a47ca4e596770d46b7f0bbaeedced.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg.1495f8e4a0f1d77cd270741a75e9d431.jpg

Now it's beginning to look like it might be nighttime!

Edited by Pingo
Double posted
  • Like 9

I prepped the cloak for pinning.

I'm going to use the closer positioning I worked out in the thread A proposed alternative position for the cape on 14016: Judas, Necropolis Warlord and 77160: Judas Bloodspire, Vampire, where I discovered that if you tilt the cloak down closer to his back than is shown in the store, not only is it more secure but the swoopy bit on his left very logically attaches to his arm.

In this case, the bit on his right will slip just under his sword, and part of the back will rest on one of Malefactus' mushrooms, which will provide a little more support.

I checked the angles and drilled the cloak first, since I figured it would be more tricky owing to thinness and it would be easier to match the hole on the sturdier, thicker figure.  This is the figure and the cloak with a snipped piece of paper clip in the cloak, used to help match the holes. The hole in his back is a little difficult to see.

1360813969_DSC_0203-Malefactus-Judas-Bloodspire-pinning.jpg.12fe5fc774c037138ba789df4f8e166e.jpg

There's a better angle:

DSC_0205.jpg.2c4bf0d5e0a8490dfb250be8003e9a75.jpg

I tested the length of the pin, then glued it into his back as probably the more stable place to leave it. I'm not gluing both pieces together until they are more fully painted.

DSC_0206.jpg.4f4f4a792c57a2fdf1056d18ae9cda71.jpg

Speaking of which, I have ideas for that cloak ...

DSC_0343-Malefactus-Judas-Bloodspire-cape.jpg.62c03fa0c545e400d1dbf37ec8f1c589.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg.be895892d2ff22a9f2fe8580f5f6bdc6.jpg

• Like 8