Colonel Kane

Colonel Kane' PbP

Hello all

This post is to see if there is any interest in a PbP using the OSRIC system. For those that do not know it is a 1E clone. It will be set in my home brew world of Pandarrow and I will be running the Castle Triskelion Mega Dungeon again, we never got to it in the last PbP. I will not post any links or additional information, until I know if this is going anywhere.
I am looking at about a post a week. I am thinking about posting on Saturdays the have your post due by the following Thursday. As I have had problems in the past, if you miss a post your character will miss a turn. 
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

• Like 2

Aah, yes that's what this weird paladin on my hard drive was for...

I'd do a different character if it seems more opportune, but I wouldn't mind revisiting the old idea, either.

Alright, we are doing this!!!!!

Here is the link to the player's resource page from my website. 

https://sites.google.com/site/pandarrow/player-s-resource-page?pli=1

Loim: I have your old character, however if you want to make a new one  you may do so. 

Arkady: It is up to you, you may play Gayle if you want to, or you can make a whole new character, it does not matter to me. 

Both of you, I have added Non Weapon Proficiencies. I have added a link to that document to the webpage above. 

For anyone else: The webpage listed above has a hand book to my world on the bottom of the page. It has the requirments for making new characters. There are several links inside to the various documents that have the additional classes. It also lists my house rules as well. 

The only documents not on my webpage is the Player's Guide. If you want that you will have to email me at brandonwfb at Gmail.com

I will add the short and sweet here:

Ability Score: 1d10+ 1d4 +4

Races allowed:

all the standard plus the following, 

Human Sub-races: The sub races are listed in Footprints #21. There is only one difference in Pandarrow, the Northman and Southman are switched.

Borderman - This is your standard human. They are a more of a mixture of the Northman and the Southman.

Southman - 'Civilized' Barbarian

Northman - City Slicker

Amazon –  Are both female and male.

*** Please contact me BEFORE deciding on the following sub races. I am limiting this race to one per party.

Atlantean – Longer living humans. 

Sunlander – This race of humans are your 'oriental' race of humans.

Pict –  Typical Barbarians. These characters will complete outcasts both from their 'tribe' and from everyone else.

Demi- Humans Races

Dwarves: General Note: Female dwarves do NOT have beards.

Leshiy -FP #21

Vodnik -FP #21

Elves

Gnome

Fir Bolg -FP #21

Fir Domonan -FP #21

Gailioin -FP #21

Halfings

Half Orcs

Half Elves

Classes

Assassin and Thieves are NOT allowed.

Allowed Classes:

Barbarian – at lulu.com

Cleric

Druid

Fighter

ADDED Gladiator Over at wizardawn- link http://wizardawn.and-mag.com/non/Gladiator.pdf

Illusionist

Knight – at lulu.com*** Please Contact me.

Magic User

Monk - Footprints # 19 E-zine at Dragonsfoot

Paladin

Scout – at lulu.com

Troubadour Footprints # 19 E-zine at Dragonsfoot

Witch Footprints # 20 E-zine at Dragonsfoot

Starting Gold Crowns: See page 38 of the Player's Guide for details. 

Characters once completed should be emailed to me at the above email.

Any questions: you can ask here, PM me or even email me. 

Huh, damn. Looks like the Gayle char sheet PDF is corrupted and I really don't think I'll go searching for that in a backup. Probably should be giving her a do-over regardless, what with human subraces and all. Or do a different character. Mind not made up yet.

5 minutes ago, Arkady said:

Huh, damn. Looks like the Gayle char sheet PDF is corrupted and I really don't think I'll go searching for that in a backup. Probably should be giving her a do-over regardless, what with human subraces and all. Or do a different character. Mind not made up yet.

I still should have a copy of her if you want, but if you want to redo her that would be acceptable as well. I liked the idea of the Human sub races, so included them this time around. Again it is all up to you. 

One more thing I should mention, NO EVIL characters. I even frown upon Chaotic characters. Also that brings up the witch class, they are not an EVIL class, so they are open for players. 

I think I'll lean back a bit to see what other characters there'll be before deciding and...

Actually, hold on. Didn't the old run use a higher-power stat roll method... checking... yeah, d10+8 that was. Figure I should do a new character no matter what then.

Guess I got some reading to do, then.

I'm surprised thieves are banned, haven't they been THE essential dungeon-delving class since their introduction since no other class has things like Find Traps and Pick Locks?

6 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Guess I got some reading to do, then.

I'm surprised thieves are banned, haven't they been THE essential dungeon-delving class since their introduction since no other class has things like Find Traps and Pick Locks?

Yeah, the Scout class can do both of those things though so losing the thief class is not that big of a deal. 

So, I did a rolz to see if that'd inspire me:

repeat 6 1D10+ 1D4+4 => 10 ; 14 ; 11 ; 15 ; 16 ; 16

That's a pretty good roll, actually, but it does rule out a paladin. (Did Gygax ever reveal why he ever even included a class one must assume he didn't actually want anyone to play?)

Time to ponder what to do with it, then.

I'm up for anther round. At this point I'm not sure if I wanna run my elf again or not.

1 hour ago, Colonel Kane said:

Yeah, the Scout class can do both of those things though so losing the thief class is not that big of a deal.  

Ah, my apologies, didn't know that. I'm still working through the book proper.

Blazing Tornado: no need for you to apologise. The scout is a new class, but it is one I like as it replaces the thief, which I have issues with. I understand the role the thief should play in a game, however I have seen it abused.  Anyways, welcome to the game, if you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to ask.