TheOldGuard

77007 Skeletal Spearman - Bones

Greetings!

Another skeleton. This one is very adept at fighting around corners or in circular rooms... ^_^

350785019_77001SkeletalSpearman1.thumb.JPG.1c9bf4c2e070a417a0c6e54d716dd893.JPG

1011594873_77001SkeletalSpearman2.thumb.JPG.4eb3b775085b97810151dc6e1a57b447.JPG

798814881_77001SkeletalSpearman3.thumb.JPG.410a7fcd30533c6a96ca004df9a8edb3.JPG

2116157007_77001SkeletalSpearman4.thumb.JPG.c58f6e75900336bd5cf3e7e01782f5db.JPG

690336637_77001SkeletalSpearman5.thumb.JPG.ce9049c8e9a611d309ebaee6d5c95747.JPG

585937790_77001SkeletalSpearman6.thumb.JPG.a137b17b86338a77f745a5ccffafb8e8.JPG

Thanks for looking!!

• Like 18

Great paint job!  I’d straighten that spear out. Boil some water, pour it in a coffe mug. Dunk just the spear and hand into the water. Hold it there for about 10 seconds. Take it out. Bend the spear just past where you want it to end up for 10-20 seconds. Presto!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

Great paint job!  I’d straighten that spear out. Boil some water, pour it in a coffe mug. Dunk just the spear and hand into the water. Hold it there for about 10 seconds. Take it out. Bend the spear just past where you want it to end up for 10-20 seconds. Presto!

Thanks!

I did try this before painting & got it straight but ultimately the spear just went back to how it was. I will try again though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vulture
      My painting time is pretty limited these days, but I still fit it in here and there. I find elementals to be excellent and relaxing subjects for brief speedpainting sessions; their crude natures are very forgiving for the time-constrained.

This guy is a pretty hefty piece of metal & a nice unique sculpt.
    • By BLZeebub
      This guy stands on a GW base but, according the the local aficionados, isn't.  It's in 5 or so pieces, stands around 10cm tall if I recall, and is molded in a very light but not flimsy plastic--I had to hold it a while to make sure it wasn't resin.  Ideas?

• By HolkDiggity
      If you watch the latest Reaper Live, you can hear my question about this legendary mini. For the record, normal Reaper paints did indeed work, though I had to conjure an anti-magic barrier to get the primer down first!

• By Crowley
      As I said on my Saproling's topic, I had today off, so...  I decided that in addition to the saprolings, I'd knock out some tabletop quality ghouls. They were already assembled and primed, so the first thing was to paint the undead flesh. I used Vampire Shadow for their sickly skin. It didn't quite match the ghoul I'd painted before, but it was close enough. I sadly didn't always take good notes...

After that I decided that as these were primarily going to be gaming ghouls, and not for a unified force for Kings of War, they'd each get their own clothing color: Red, Green, Blue, Tan, and Dark Brown. I used Rusty Red, Muddy Olive, Rich Indigo, Desert Stone, and Ruddy Flesh. The eyes were all painted with Walnut Brown, as were the spikes sticking out of them. 

Then I washed them all with a mix of 4 parts sepia wash and 1 part black wash. 

A little bit of highlighting with the base clothing color, then it was time to paint the bases black, and then flock them! Oh, and a bit of watered down rusty red around the mouth.

Oh, and aged pewter on the spikes and the cleaver. 

Looking good for such quick work.  
    • By Painting Miniatures
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWwEryYc3Q

So one of my campaign encounters calls for a skeleton playing a violin. I had a few ideas on how I could go about accomplishing this. Modifying a skeleton miniature to hold a violin. Then I found this mini. I really wish they had a version that wasn't metal for this miniature though.

The mini in question is supposed to be the boss of an encounter the players run into which leads into bigger plots later. In short though its supposed to be dripping a black ichor from the eyes to make it scarier and to emphasis the point "this is a powerful enemy" and not just some random skeleton bard.

The actual painting went along the lines of

White base coat, followed by coloring the violin and leather straps brown, the metal armor black, i did a wash of brown followed by a black to give contrasting colors of dirt and mold. I also added a small amount of a lighter blue as a wash to the violin and bow to make it contrast ever so slightly from the rest of the mini and to hopefully give it a sort of magical look. That last part didn't succeed like I had hoped but it was a good lesson in what does and what does not work.

I know the base needs something else to make it pop. This mini isn't "finished" yet for that very reason but im not sure how i want to finish the base of the mini. Probably some dirt. because dirt is always a good choice for a graveyard. I really should change my name to the "painting horror minis channel" because its an unintentional theme.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 298 Guests (See full list)