Sign in to follow this  
Slatejunco

Armory Sprues -- a one-off?

Apologies if this is a topic that's been discussed elsewhere, but are there any plans to produce more of the Bones 3 Armory hard-plastic sprues? They seem like the perfect solution for replacing bendy-wendy Bones weapons. Plus, I love the clean designs. I'm just afraid that there won't be any more after I use up my current supply.

Edited by Slatejunco
  • Like 6

I’ve been using the heck out of the ones I got, and was in fact wondering the same thing!! I used them for several orc weapon swaps that I posted, the two Dragonborn I just finished among other things!!!

• Like 4

The armories were all very nice, but they were a little "stylized" for my tastes.  I would love a more mundane package with some generic shields, swords, knives (kukri!), etc.  Multiples of the smaller items would be preferred.

With the armory being more generic, it could go a long way toward neatening up a small group and making them look like they belong together.

Edited by strawhat
  • Like 7

I'm also waiting for those weapon sprues. I was planning on trying to mount some of those on flight bases and use them as summons for the Spiritual Weapon spell. The themes work really well with that.

• Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, Nunae said:

I'm also waiting for those weapon sprues. I was planning on trying to mount some of those on flight bases and use them as summons for the Spiritual Weapon spell. The themes work really well with that.

Consider this a stolen idea!

• Like 1

I have already done that.  From what I hear they have a packaging problem with the weapon sprues.  They are working out how to package them so that they can hang with the blister packs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I turned a couple of the translucent red weapons into a pair of silly earrings for Megan. ::):

The Auld Grump

Pictures or it didn't happen...  

Also, never call a woman's earrings for 'silly' unles you actually prefer to sleep on the couch...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2018 at 6:12 AM, Gadgetman! said:

Pictures or it didn't happen...  

Also, never call a woman's earrings for 'silly' unless you actually prefer to sleep on the couch...

Cheap plastic weapon earrings are silly! That was the point!

Megan needs silly, every now and again - it is one of the essential nutrients, like chocolate!

Just the findings, some silver wire, and the axes. Easy peasy. (And silly. ::P: )

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

Hopefully, they work out that packaging thing, and produce a lot more armory sprues, both generic and stylized (maybe future versions including helmet head-swaps, crossbows, and other new items matching a theme?), as well as sprues for magical accessories (tomes, wands, staves, potions, scrolls, etc.) and other adventuring gear (lanterns, torches, musical instruments, telescopes, compasses, whatever....)

The ease and convenience of the "bonesium" material for conversions are such that I've found these sorts of "bits" as exciting as the miniatures themselves.  We're getting very close to the era when just about any character you can imagine can be cooked up in a few minutes with a few dollars worth of minis and bitz, a hobby knife, and a little cyanoacrylic glue - how awesome is that?

And definitely, these sorts of weapon sprues are exactly what the doctor ordered for Bones Weapon Noodleosis, Bones Inflammatory Anime Weaponitis, and other terrible diseases afflicting all too many otherwise excellent miniatures!

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 3