Generic Fighter

Happy, Holly Hobby Goals!(December Hobby Goals Thead)

I've spent the last month trying to get things assembled and at least primed for a 24-hour charity event this weekend.  Once it is over and done, I will probably set everything aside for a few days, and then spend the rest of the month trying to finish off all of my Adeptus Titanicus models.  Once those are out of the way (and they are actually mostly tabletop ready at the moment), I need to start working on a couple different armies for SAGA.  And my Greek for Arena Rex.  I won't actually finish either of those, but I want to make a good start before hanging my brushes up for the holidays about the 22nd or so.

• Like 11

Ack!  December already??

- Finish Secret Sophie mini & get it in the mail

- Finish minis for Christmas presents

- Decorate two plastic tackle boxes for my granddaughters' Christmas presents (the many little compartments will make great storage for all their hair accoutrements)

And if there is time - paint more Santas!

• Like 9

On 11/29/2018 at 8:25 AM, Corsair said:

December already?

Goals

1-Finish and mail Secret Santa CAV

2 Finish and decal 11 CAVS ready for paint

3 Work on another batch of minis in the to-do pile

Got #1 knocked out, starting priming on #2, man I gotta learn how to airbrush acrylics to prime these.....

• Like 8

Well, I got 6 of them primed, 8 more tomorrow. Gotta get these done before my next order on the 10th for the 12 Days.

• Like 5

On 12/4/2018 at 4:50 PM, Auberon said:
  On 12/3/2018 at 2:00 PM, Auberon said:

December is Secret Sophie month so my main goal is to work on that.  As of today that includes:

• 1 mini prepped and primed  Complete. It just needs a bit of sealing and I can call it done.
  • 2 minis prepped
  • 2 bases prepped
  • 1 of the above minis attached to 1 of the above bases.  Now primed and basecoated.

This is a painting week so fingers crossed most of the work will get done this week.  Beyond that I'll go back to work on a large scale mini but I doubt I finish anything in time to enter it into the forum contests. 

Another one done.  Priming the last one today.

• Like 6

WHAT. Me too @ "December already?!"

Uhhhh. I still never went to the store to buy LEDs for my nightlight dragon. It's been a couple years already. I guess pushing it off another month won't hurt it!

- Finish a thing for a friend

- Ma'al is my destress piece. Work on it and make happy art! 

- I really need to just sit down and figure out what I don't like about Kiara (my latest human sculpt from a couple months ago). I watched a sculpting video and the guy just... sculpts his feelings or something and it just magically appears. :lol: I do not have enough practice to do that. Kiara not having arms at all, not even wire, is just throwing me off too much. I can't "see" her pose anymore, especially without that full armature. I think that just means it's time to restart her!
- keep practicing skintones

• Like 7

Managed to get everything done for November (and got the zombies done in time for the game).

December:

ToDone:

* Mine tracks and some carts. (still need rust though)

ToDo:

* Clean the office. (and move the spraybooth to the smaller table, adjust the shelves on that table so it fits)

* Paint some more dragonborns

* Photograph everything from last month

* Paint the kobolds from KS3

• Like 4

On 11/29/2018 at 8:25 AM, Corsair said:

December already?

Goals

1Finish and mail Secret Santa CAV Done

2 Finish and decal 11 CAVS ready for paint Done

3 Work on another batch of minis in the to-do pile

Okay, I've gotten 1 & 2 done. In the middle of #3 and terrified that I have another 2 orders coming in.....cursed little sweet cute Christmas dragons.......

• Like 3