Generic Fighter

Happy, Holly Hobby Goals!(December Hobby Goals Thead)

On 12/8/2018 at 3:56 PM, Auberon said:
On 12/4/2018 at 4:50 PM, Auberon said:
  On 12/3/2018 at 2:00 PM, Auberon said:

December is Secret Sophie month so my main goal is to work on that.  As of today that includes:

• 1 mini prepped and primed  Complete. It just needs a bit of sealing and I can call it done.
  • 2 minis prepped
  • 2 bases prepped
  • 1 of the above minis attached to 1 of the above bases.  Now primed and basecoated.

This is a painting week so fingers crossed most of the work will get done this week.  Beyond that I'll go back to work on a large scale mini but I doubt I finish anything in time to enter it into the forum contests. 

Another one done.  Priming the last one today. 

Final update for the year, last base is done, last mini is basecoated, but I won't be finishing up until after the 1st.

• Like 6

Yeah, I am done for the year, looks like. I might get some primed today but that is very iffy. Have a Merry Christmas all!

• Like 5

On 12/1/2018 at 4:47 PM, SparrowMarie said:

Pretty sure I forgot to post goals for last month.The only goal I had was to finish Minivember and I did that! Now for a whole other set of things to do.

So for December:

• Start diorama for friend
  • Finish FrGQ for giveaway
  • Coordinate with mini swap person to figure out logistics

Probably some other things that I'm not recalling currently. The second one is the most important right now but I need like a week away from painting to recoup from painting /SO MANY/ minis last month.

ETA: I thought of more stuff.

• Reset myself to start working on my blog series again in January
  • Take and post Minivember 2018 photos
  • Pick up some shelved things:
    • Mini Ma'al
    • Ma'al
  • Take photos of Marthrangul
  • Continue putting together All Mini's Eve calendar
  • Start conversion (see below)
  • Find boxes the right size for mailing minis (and packing material to protect them in transit)

I was going to do the Angel of Shadows contest last month but didn't get around to it for obvious reasons. I am now going to steal her wings and put them on another mini for a conversion for Husband's 4E game, it'll be a PC mini for when they level up in a couple levels so I should probably start on that to have it done in time.

All I did this month was coordinate mini swap and continue the FrGQ. Didn't finish or start anything else.

• Like 6

So, it's almost the end of the month, but I expect to have a little time before it's over.  I painted four figures while away on Christmas travel, so I need to work on the basing today.  I showed a picture of my car maintenance pirate and treasure before, and I added two more pirate crew for my Ghost Archipelago campaign, so, assuming the basing goes as planned, I'll have at least eight for the month. 

We'll call that a success...::P:

• Like 6

Well, we have been traveling this week, so once home and unpacked, will try to finish off my Terran CAVs before 2019.

• Like 6

On 12/14/2018 at 6:27 PM, Zink said:

Made a 9" wall piece for my castle but it needs the brick work and paint

Almost finished painting a buzzard and panther.

Made 3 sets of the objective pieces for Frostgrave Ulterior Motives. Should finish painting the last statue tonight.

Mantlets and trebuchet. Hoping to have everything ready so the kids and I can do a big siege battle over Christmas break. 

More Frostgrave minis than I want to count right now.

Thinking about doing more Frostgrave scatter terrain soon too. May try to get some games of it in over the break as well.

About 10 elf heroes and wizards. These are lower priority right now.

Haven't done much lately because of travelling and lack of energy. Did get some of the stuff on this list done but likely won't finish anything except a wall chunk I'm working on by tomorrow night.

Finished

9" castle wall

Frostgrave objectives

12 mantlets

black panther

Painted #2 son's current Frostgrave warband

Working on

buzzard - could finish this in a matter of minutes if I'd actually do it.

6" long by 3" high wall for the Frostgrave "Wall" spell.

Half painted a starting sigilist warband based on Mordheim Sisters of Sigmar minis.

Still staring at that massive trebuchet and psyching myself up to tackle it.

• Like 6

On 12/1/2018 at 9:36 PM, Inarah said:

I haven't had a plan in a long time but I was thinking maybe 30 minis in 30 days. No, too ambitious, how about 20 minis.  I have at least that many in various stages from freshly primed to why isn't this done yet.  I'm at 50 for the year, +20 would be a good finisher. 

I'm up to 17 for the month.  Trying to finish 2 larger figures for the contest.  May squeeze in 1 quick tabletop figure for our rpg game next week.   

• Like 5

On 12/1/2018 at 6:28 PM, Evilhalfling said:

Lots of Kingdom Death to work on this month. 

Start Gold Smoke Knight.

Re-base White Lion on 3D printed base & add tall grass 

Paint Tall Grass terrain 

Start Dung Beetle Knight 

Assemble Dragon King: (assuming no delivery delays) 

- hunt dragon king in solo KDM game. 

Plan End of Year Photo's.   

+ 3 more from Bones core3.  Minivember helped a lot, but I should keep plugging away.   115 of 153 remain. 

Finish Fire Giant Princess

gold smoke knight - Finished 

Steam-punk flying monkey 

Skoli 

Barbarian - weapon swap. 

Cobra - 50% done 

Base FireGiant Princess 

Retouch KD Pheonix 

got everything done except 1/3 of the tall grass 3d printed terrain, and the dung beetle knight.    

touched up some bigger models for the reaper end of year contests.

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 6

IMG_3248.thumb.jpg.e89e32967f1fc6c4af327edb83650dd1.jpg

With three figures finished today, it looks like the total for the month will be 15, including 11 members of my new Ghost Archipelago crew for the club campaign starting in January (and a treasure marker).  It's all tabletop utility painting, but it felt good to get a few things done.  

(later edit)

I entered the last three figures into my painting log, and that gave me a chance to tally up the work for the year.  It looks like I finished 40 1/72 scale plastic figures for my Portable Fantasy Campaign, 139 assorted 25/28/30/32mm figures (mostly fantasy with a little scattered work on two Dark Ages projects) and 7 40mm Renaissance figures for the first extension to my home cast Renaissance project in about ten years.  

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 10

24 minutes ago, buckyball said:

This is the last miniature from my 2018 annual box. I will fill it up and start again in 2019!

Is this a literal box you fill with miniatures in January and work down, or one you fill as the year goes along, or some sort of conceptual box? 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Is this a literal box you fill with miniatures in January and work down, or one you fill as the year goes along, or some sort of conceptual box? 

It’s this box. It isn’t all the figures I plan to paint. But I am giving myself a year to complete what is in the box.

CFAD924F-9D67-4656-909C-796824C93E89.jpeg

• Like 12

Well, I got the last of the minis primed and the Rach CAVs and armor got the yellow applied. #53 got his first coat of white and the Templar some highlights. I think I am finished for 2018.

• Like 5

On 12/1/2018 at 12:40 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

A few come to mind...

• Fill gaps in Minotaur Demon Lord (carried over from Nov)
  • Finish greenstuffing of Wyrmgear (carried over from Nov)
  • Finish CAV Secret Santa mini
  • Start & finish Secret Sophie mini
  • Yeti contest mini!
  • Clean and tidy up painting desk (I kind of have no room to really work on things at the moment!)
  • Resume work on my Unrelenting Tide (Skaven Army).  Bonus: Assemble a full unit.  Second bonus: Paint a full unit!
  • Finishing painting one of my gnolls for Furiously Fluffy Howling Hounds!
  • Assemble (and liner) several minis for hubby (he enjoys painting, not the assembly stuff)
  • Assemble at least two of the CAVs in my backlog
  • Catalog/list what minis I have - those that are painted, those I have now, and it would be nice to have my wishlist centralized in said document too.

Uhm, well.....  Yeaaaaah, December's been a rough month for me, barely getting anything done due to a combination of some seroius head-stuff (some would call it "brain weasels"?), and work having been downright mental (busier than expected mixed with, uhm, one of the out of town drivers taking an unplanned two week break and us being down the relief driver for...  A while.).  I pretty much would up having to scrap some plans, and back out of others, while at least one other is getting there, and will hopefully be finished really soon.  Probably didn't help that all that stress with work brought out a lot of mid-December memories - some more recent, others... 14 years ago.

Also turns out if I try to force myself into doing something for a contest, and use only the contest itself as the motivation, uhm...  Wow, motivation killer.  Eep.  So December was full of learning things...!

As for assembling things for hubby....  I did clean up a few minis of his that had the paint just start peeling and went tacky, although now it's a case of "how do I make this stop smelling of orange pine sol" for them...

Here's to things looking better next year!

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 6

On 11/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, Glitterwolf said:

December already?

• Finish my Yeti for Ladystorm's Contest.
  • Finish My Lizardman Command Group
  • Finish my Terradon
  • Finish my Summoning Piece
  • Keep working on La Charra Bust.
  • Finish my Welcome to the Jungle Terrain piece.

Not bad at all....

Almost there.

• Like 5